Far Cry 5’s E3 trailer shows yup, it is still goofy fun

Good news: yes, Far Cry 5 [official site] is still totally a game to goof off and dick about with a pal in co-op. It inevitably would be a goofy playground, as much as Ubisoft played up their boring satire about a cult in Montana, but I’m glad to see an E3 trailer leaning more on the goof. Along with a wee bit of gameplay, this video fresh out of Ubisoft’s E3 presentation has your dog fetching guns, a co-op pal smashing around in a huge truck, and generally loads of big explosions and loud noises.

That is the Far Cry 5 I want. This other trailer from Ubi’s E3 show is focused more on the Far Cry 5 I will tolerate to get that dog friend and those explosions:

Yeah, yeah, you can do one.

Far Cry 2 is my favourite of the series but I do also enjoy the goof fest Far Cry has become. Far Cry 5 will have cooperative multiplayer in its campaign, not just for certain side activities like before, and that sounds smashing. Wanted: a loud jackass to complement my stealth style.

Far Cry 5 is due on February 27th, 2018.

1. Pilgore says:

How is that good news? I don’t want them to half-ass this, get fucking deep into this premise and show some balls I’de say.

2. Ejia says:

Oh no another dog in danger

Please don’t let the doggy die

3. RichUncleSkeleton says:

I don’t object to the self-consciously silly approach to story and characters because that beats the hell out of ham-handed political and moral posturing (Watch Dogs 2 vs. Watch Dogs 1), but the gameplay looks like ass. If you can’t make a big loud gun like a revolver look fun to use then you’ve got a problem.

4. MushyWaffle says:

the game (FC5) looks fantastic… pretty much looks like Wildlands but a more controlled scripted experience.. I’m good with that. Can’t wait.

• Stevostin says:

It doesn’t look like Wildland. It’s an FPS. It looks great. Wildland is a TPV shooter. It looks like an incentive to skip to any other game. TPV shooter are an insult to common sense, gaming and puppies.

• Nelyeth says:

I think it’s fine as long as it’s a anyothergenre game-cum-shooter elements, prime example of it being TPV stealth games (see MGS5, though you can switch to FPV when shooting). When shooter becomes the main genre though, bugger.

5. Spuzzell says:

I really struggle to watch FPS footage that’s being played on a gamepad, it makes me feel nausea. And frustration.

Much like Tinder.

6. Stevostin says:

Why not but if they go that way they have to remove the reward for ghosting situations or offer some alternative reward for gun blazing approaches. In all cases I sure hope they change the instant “you’ve been spotted” contagion – forces at least AI to have the time to articulate the sentence “spotted an intruder”. If that makes the game too easy acknowledge some of use wants to play without tagging and have the game ask for it in higher difficulty.

EasyStar says:

video doesn’t seem to be available in the US.

This might be the same one though? link to youtube.com

Liking the “dog that brings you enemies guns” bit

8. racccoon says:

PC Only For Game Players!
    Love the games greatness, love the ideas, I just can’t wait to play it! oN THE PC!!

9. April March says:

This is the difference between marketing and gameplay:
    0:36 Wow, looks like actual genocides that happened in the real world.
    2:35 BONK

10. RosalietheDog says:

“You see here the last remnants of the resistance that tried to fight the cult.” Good that they made this clear to future passers by, by graffitying their own trailer from the inside with “Resist”, “F*ck the cult”.

11. wombat191 says:

its like they are making a game just for me.. chasing rednecks with a bear and running them over with a combine harvester

12. AyeBraine says:

Considering how great were the “portrait” trailers concerning human animation (I noticed bits where animation could follow the voiceover more realistically, but only in the sense of _really_ approaching actual realism)… It’s incredibly jarring how this cult leader pretends to sing. I sang professionally for 14 of the first 20 years of my life, and this guy doesn’t breathe right (he doesn’t breathe at all, actually), doesn’t do things with his head, neck and throat that people do when they sing, and doesn’t open his mouth nearly enough to match the audio. It’s completely off-topic re: the game, but damn.

13. Solgarmr says:

IF the gunplay is anything like wildlands them I’m done with the Far cry series, and it just doesn’t look good in that trailer. Point and click like gta guns is that it, sure take the challenge away from all this because I have to be able to use my gamepad on my pc of course . . .