No one will sell No One Lives Forever, so let’s download it

No One Lives Forever, and its sequel A Spy In HARM’s Way, are infamously unavailable. Through the meticulous horrors of ownership rights across multiple publishers, and an apparent unwillingness by any involved to see it resolved, it’s not possible to buy either classic game anywhere.

Well guess what – there’s a way to get them anyway, and we super-encourage you to do so.

We have long lamented the unavailability of the No One Lives Forever games. I was recently moaning about it, sadly remembering the peculiar disappearance of the implied Night Dive version. Shortly after I posted that, Kotaku’s Kirk Hamilton got in touch with me to point out a splendid bit of digging he’d done a couple of years back to find out what happened to all that. Which was this:

Night Dive applied for the trademark since no one else held it, and confident they’d manage to get a straight answer out of people involved, had gotten access to the source code for both games. Things were looking positive, they were even working on marketing material, until the tangled mess of ownership proved impossible to disembroil. With three contenders – 20th Century Fox, Activision and Warner Bros – Night Dive sensibly assumed it really belonged to developer Monolith’s now owners, Warner. So they got in touch. But Warner quickly said Activision owned some of it too, and wanted them involved. Right, fine said Night Dive, and went over there. Activision then told them that, well, maybe they owned it a bit, they weren’t really sure, but if they did the contract wasn’t stored digitally, and was probably lost in a box somewhere. And Fox said exactly the same. I’m really not making this up.

But then Night Dive’s trademark application was made complicated when Warner Bros, despite refusing to claim ownership of the game, applied to extend their expired trademark of the name. Sigh. Night Dive reportedly tried to understand why, made repeated attempts to negotiate, but Warner showed no interest at all in even trying to make a deal, no matter how sweet Night Dive made it.

So where did this all leave things? In a place we called Stupid. Fox seemingly wanted money up front to even look through their filing cabinets (which they’d repay if they found they had no rights), so when Night Dive said no to that generous offer, Fox responded by saying (and I paraphrase) “You can bet your bum we’ll look in our filing cabinets for free if you start selling it.” Activision just shrugged. And Warner? Well, those treats sent Night Dive a “scary letter”, threatening to throw lawyers at them if they pursued re-releasing the game, despite the concurrent negotiations they were involved in. SIGH. Night Dive eventually managed to get the two parts of Warner to actually talk to each other, and sensibly ask themselves if they wanted to work out a licensing deal, which resulted in their saying… No.

As Kotaku reported Night Dive saying in 2015, “They come back with a response that said they’re not looking to either publish the game themselves at this time, or to partner with us.”

Night Dive were generous, saying people who tried to help (and not all did) were friendly about it. But you can be friendly and entirely unhelpful, it seems.

The end result being, no one knows who owns NOLF, but no one involved is willing to relinquish their potential rights for the sake of seeing a game they’ve no interest whatsoever in selling being available to buy.

What a joyous, wonderful system, eh?

But there’s an alternative! Some anonymous heroes are not only risking the wraths of all involved by distributing both games, for free, but are putting out patched versions that’ll run on your snazzy new PC, even in resolutions like 3440×1440 – I know, cos I just played it like that. And gosh, NOLF2 looks good in HD!

I discovered this via a comment on a recent post about Tron 2.0, another Monolith classic that Disney are looking after well. Huge thanks to one SimonSays.

I’ve had a few issues. NOLF is quite crashy when I press Capslock, of all things. With NOLF2 I’ve had trouble with the menus not fitting on the screen at higher resolutions. But I’ve not spent long fiddling to try to fix these issues.

RPS ordinarily doesn’t encourage downloading unofficial versions of games, but at the same time, we’re strong advocates behind the concept of abandonware, where individuals and groups preserve and maintain the availability of games that are no longer available for legitimate purchase. NOLF and its sequel are certainly much younger games than would normally qualify for that, but my goodness, all the potential owners of the game sure have gone out of their way to ensure they can’t profit from it. These games have been available for over a year, and no one’s done anything yet.

And heck, if any of the companies involved were to step forward to object, they’d rather be positioning themselves as having suddenly resolved the rights issues they claimed they could not untangle! They’d be surely ready to release their official version just in time and then we could point you to that one instead.

We’ve reached out to the distributors of the game for comment.

1. Jalan says:

The biggest problem (with regard to the first game, at least) with the “widescreen” tinkering is that when you use things like the sniper rifle scope, it becomes weirdly boxed in as if you have a piece of cardboard with a scope’s sights drawn over some clingfilm in the cutout middle or something BUT you can see the outsides of the scope box due to the widescreen-ing. Really disorienting, but still playable.

2. Ghostwise says:

What’s described is fairly typical of IP management in my experience. Frex, that’s quite similar to what happened the tabletop RPG game I write stuff for.

And from what I hear from friends who are actual IP lawyers, things often get even more, uh… disconcerting. And then there are those banks who simply made up property claims after the Great Recession of 2008, since nobody could tell…

• waltC says:

I tried a few years ago to install the Nolf games on Win7–it was an arm wrestling match all the way–as I owned the original CDs–which I guess I tossed out after too many problems–I finally got them running as I recall. But the originals are gone and so are any more memories about that particular experience. Setting these games up should be fun!

As for your friends the IP lawyers, be sure and tell them that nothing could be more stupid than for them to sit on IP they may or may not own–while it earns their “masters” (employers) not $1. Sounds like these lawyers were simply too lazy to care. Lawyers are the bane of civilization–everywhere they wreak havoc with their onerous and irrational legal codes–all of which have but one purpose: to ensure that lawyers don’t starve. Happily, many of them do, anyway…;) Glad to see someone standing up to these idiots!

3. Elusiv3Pastry says:

Oh brilliant, thank you for pointing this out!

4. ffordesoon says:

Thanks for this, John. Maybe it will inspire someone at one of these fuckwitted companies to get off their ass and recieve the free money they apparently don’t want.

• Ghostwise says:

It’s not free money. At all.

• zabieru says:

Yeah, there is some work involved. At the same time, it’s dodgy to say “this might be ours, but we don’t care enough to say for sure, but don’t you dare act like it ain’t.”

You can’t behave like this when it comes to real property. The relevant concept is “adverse possession,” where if someone isn’t using or defending a piece of land and you occupy and improve it, you can gain title for it. It’s intended for just this sort of situation, where somebody might perhaps own something and doesn’t actually want to do anything with it but god forbid someone else should benefit!

5. TychoCelchuuu says:

The music in these games is up there (probably even surpasses) the Evil Genius score in terms of “great groovin’ secret agent music.” And of course the theme song… sublime. The games are great too. I’m probably one of the few people on earth who think NOLF 2 suffered a bit from the “choose how to play” approach. Nobody misses insta-fail stealth missions, I suspect, but I did kind of appreciate that I had to be sneaky in the original whereas in NOLF 2 I could often just wander around mowing people down. I enjoy an FPS as much as the next person but NOLF as stealth game is what I really want.

• PseudoKnight says:

NOLF1 was funnier, too, imo. But damn was NOLF2 pretty. Both are worth playing.

6. ansionnach says:

Brave words. For practical purposes it means that the games are playable, whether the rights owners decide to sell them or not. One thing I’d like to see (maybe it exists?) is an archive of the master copies of all games. Not what archive.org or gog give you, but the full floppy or optical disc images, good digital copies of all documentation, all patches and extended official material, and interesting mods. Details of any box art and packaging would be nice if such a time comes that we can simply reproduce a copy of any of the various versions with a 3d printer or replicator.

• Ghostwise says:

There are initiatives of that sort in, say, academic libraries such as the BNF in Paris. From what I understand, it costs — to quote from Plato — a shitload.

• Sic says:

It could cost absolutely nothing. The problem is that the powers that be aren’t interested in archiving.

Projects like WHAT.CD could have worked as both crowd funded and run, whilst also commercial. Millions of people live and breathe proper archiving.

The missing element is simply anyone willing to start these projects. And the army of suits to agree to stand down, and let it happen.

• Sin Vega says:

Despite the work of sites like gog (resting entirely on abandonware groups, natch, which is by no means a criticism), the games industry desperately needs a body like the BBC Archive. Even more so than films did, we need a well funded and resourced body with legal power behind it to keep games playable regardless of its rights situation.

Of course, doing so would be far more expensive and complex than it is for films and music (you need only dabble in abandonware for a little while before seeing how much time and third party software is required for just some individual PC games, never mind thousands of them across multiple formats), and would need to be updated far more often too, so it’d be a never ending pile of work. I can’t imagine who would fund it, although in a sane and reasonable world, the answer would be ‘publishers and sellers’. Hell, Valve alone could do a lot of good with a marginal slice off the top of sales. But then, putting it in the hands of one distributor/publisher is an obvious conflict of interest. Bah.

• ansionnach says:

I suppose it’s up to people who care. I’ve archived my own stuff (disc images only), but that’s no good to the rest of the world when I’m long gone. Not that I have a lot or anything rare or interesting. I do like to install the games from scratch, though. Every now and then, and especially with DOS games, there was an interesting installer (like Command & Conquer).

• TheAngriestHobo says:

I can see it becoming a passion project for the right group of nouveau-riche multi-millionaires. There’s plenty of successful tech geeks out there with the interest and capital to make this happen. What we really need is an organized group of volunteers lobbying for the project, so that it’s brought to the attention of the right people.

• April March says:

“Even more so than films did” is right. A 15-year-old DVD would immediately start playing in pristine condition if I put it in this computer. A 30-year-old reel, I believe, would run fine on a modern projector.

fegbarr says:

Sadly it’s not that simple when it comes to TV and film, and for much the same reason as video games – the machines don’t exist to run them any more. Since inception there have been dozens of different formats for TV content alone, and while the tapes and films have been archived, the players haven’t (and nor have the machines that made the players or the blueprints for the machines that made the players or the creators of the etc etc).

Certainly of content from before the BetaSP family of tapes became industry standard in the 80s (and its poor cousin BetaMax crashed and burned in home video), it’s estimated that there’s nowhere near enough runtime on the remaining machines to transfer them to a modern format.

It’s not all doom and gloom, though, as an equivalent gaming archive has something of a headstart by knowing what problems the broadcast industry has had and learning from them. I don’t think we’ll see a gaming equivalent of the BFI any time soon, but they will have an easier time of it.

Ninja Dodo says:

There are some organizations like this one that focus on that kind of stuff: link to gamehistory.org

• ansionnach says:

Interesting. On the game archiving side, I found Home of the Underdogs to be the best attempt at preserving the memory of many games. Not that it always provided unmodified copies of the original discs, but the listings and reviews were what made it stand out from many other sites mainly offering downloads. Even now, opening up a genre, filtering by top dog and sorting by rating throws up some good suggestions.

• ansionnach says:

The magazine collection is interesting as I think it’s common for those covering games to either “misremember” or find out their opinion on historic events second-hand, leading to the spread of fake views. Starcraft and Interstate ’76 weren’t that hotly received in UK magazines as far as I remember. I accidentally got a copy of US PC Gamer once and was surprised to see mentions of these two games throughout the publication as though everyone was utterly obsessed with them.

• podbaydoors says:

Archives cost a boatload to run and the funding mysteriously dried up a couple of years ago when there was some kind of kerfuffle around ethics in gaming journalism and all the academic institutes that were looking at that kind of thing decided they’d really rather not be associated with that kind of thing.

7. Tartrazine says:

Didn’t the link to the downloads get posted in the comments for the last piece about NOLF not long ago? Might have been nice to credit whoever that was, just saying.

• gabrielonuris says:

Yes, in a Have You Played post. His name is Indigo.

• Jenuall says:

Yeah came in to say just this.

When I saw the article I figured that’s what it would have been a response to.

• GameOverMan says:

Yes, I downloaded them a few days ago after reading Indigo’s post and started re-playing NOLF. I have the original CD-ROMs, spanish version, it includes the In The Lounge audio disc with a remix of the game’s music. Good times, the problem is… I can’t get the main music theme out of my mind.

John Walker says:

Yes, you are absolutely right, although it was SimonSays’ comment on the Tron 2.0 post where I saw it, and I had fully intended to give credit. Then in the mix if writing it, it was forgotten. I will add it in now. I’d intended to acknowledge along with a link to the Tron piece, so appreciate the prompt.

I had entirely missed Indigo’s comment on the HYP, as it happens. “Just saying.”

• SimonSays says:

Hey John – thanks for the shout out, regardless of who posted this first I am happy that this made the news and will be seen by more people now. I’ve been a fan of these games since the first came out – and if this leads to a slim chance of the ip holder getting off there ass to see the sale and support of these titles going forward I think we all owe the Revival team a huge round of applause.

Cheers
        SimonSays

• Booker says:

The post you are talking about made me play the game again. It runs so much better than I ever expected it to. It works better than some new games. :D

Indigo says:

Wow, I didn’t expect my post to attract so much attention!
      This is why I love RPS and its people :)

No worries, I’m just glad we can still play these great games.

• SimonSays says:

Hey Indigo – I missed the whole article you posted on until I saw this post today – but I am just curious how you found it as well. I found it about a year ago searching for a widescreen patch trying to get my copy installed on my new gaming computer. Glad I’m not the only one who knew about this early :)

8. gabrielonuris says:

Well, I was saving that link for later, but I think I’ll download both of them right now, because I’m pretty sure some demons in suits has just started to write a C&D letter right now.

• Suits says:

Usually what happens with Nintendo games. Not sure about this one though

• frenchy2k1 says:

The fun part is that they cannot.
      To write a C&D letter, you positively have to own the rights to the piece you object the diffusion of.
      Claiming you own the rights when you don’t is actionable as perjury (although rarely enforced).
      As so many claimant exist, if one would object, this would force the others to react to actually solve that mess.
      So, this is a win-win for us. Either they can’t act, or they have to solve the right’s problem and then someone can talk with the right holder to sell the game legally.

9. FreshHands says:

Capitalism at its best. And I am not even being cynical here. It is kind of hilarious to imagine some people at the office working this thing out ::D

10. Hyena Grin says:

Capitalism, ladies and gentlemen!

A system which was meant to boost productivity and consumption for the betterment of society, has grown so tumorous with incomprehensible and tangled copyright laws that it is just as good at locking away things people want to consume, behind the ironclad doors of nobody-giving-a-fuck, and the crippling fear of cooperation.

This tangled mess gets more convoluted every day.

• Shuck says:

It’s amazing that there’s still the push in the US to extend copyright terms beyond 120 years, when companies can’t even keep the ownership rights straight after less than 20. People focus on works still popular after a century, but 99.9% of work is like NOLF – after a very short period of time, it’s not going to get enough sales that a corporation can be bothered with it, even if all they have to do is just have someone look in some boxes. Which makes sense for them – by the time they pay the lawyers to dig up the contracts, look them over and write up a new sales contract between the companies, there’s a question as to whether the game could sell enough copies to even make a profit; certainly at best the revenue would be a rounding error of the revenue off of anything else they’ve got going.

• April March says:

Imagine playing a game set in the 80’s and seeing the television playing (bad) 80’s series and the jukebox paying (bad) 80’s songs because copyright is only valid for 30 years, extendable for another year, but owners of these bad properties didn’t bother extending them.

• pepperfez says:

But there’s still a minuscule value in refusing to let anyone play them for free, because that would just be competition for whatever new thing the owners are trying to sell. Best to destroy as much culture as you can so it all has to be purchased anew.

• UncleLou says:

It is actually less convoluted than free distribution. Trying to get hold of, say, a book or album where the copyright has expired is often the stuff of nightmares.

Good luck finding the *real* copy of this album (and it’s comparatively easy in this case), with the proper tracks, album art, and sound quality:

link to amazon.co.uk

• pepperfez says:

I have no empirical evidence for this, but I imagine that in the current age of plentiful bandwidth and storage many of those problems would be obviated. There are widely distributed, high-quality versions of artistic works (and even ephemera: see the Nintendo Power collection recently removed from archive.org) available even though it’s completely illegal to make, distribute, or receive them. Without that hurdle, it’s unthinkable that a wiki-style system of organization and distribution wouldn’t spring up, to say nothing of government or academic efforts.
        There’s also the complication that Kind of Blue isn’t in the American public domain, and its status elsewhere isn’t perfectly clear. A more coherent, less fear-based IP system would address that.

• SimonSays says:

It is very easy to get a proper copy of Kind of Blue – I bought a copy on vinyl for like 20 dollars a few years back and converted it to Wav using a USB turntable and then applied a light mastering to it using Logic Pro and my Presonus Studio Live to get a competitive MP3 for my iPhone. It was work for sure but definitely doable.

I get what you are saying though – and I do have albums in my collection that were significantly hard to track down (my most prized one is a copy of the unreleased The Band album Tombstone that I had to master from bounce downs of tapes. Using a slightly aggressive denoiser and a decent amount of multi band compression and limiting I was able to get a very nice dynamic and competitively loud album that sits alongside the rest of their discography very nicely. Obviously that is an extreme example – and there are albums I own that are more akin to your example (both Neutral Milk Hotel albums) but I’d still say archiving music is easier than archiving games if you are looking at the pure mechanical practice of doing it.

I’d also say that rights management for games is likely about as convoluted as as any form of entertainment that is published.

Luckily we are entering an age across all forms of media where it is fairly easy for the developer to go without a publisher should they just want to make art without a focus on making money. I myself have released 4 albums in the last 8 years that I have not made money from but have been met with some critical accolades and I haven’t had to stray from my creative goals because of this. I mean it helps that I didn’t spend 10 years chasing a dream of rock stardom and instead chose to be practical and got a real job that helped me pay for my ambitions. Honestly it is a great time to be a creative – whether you work in film, music, games or any other medium of entertainment the equipment needed to develop these projects has become increasingly affordable over the last few years and so long as you have free time and creative drive you can pretty much do whatever you want.

All this is to say to stay relatively on topic anyway, that going forward we may see great games like NOLF released that are not subject to the burden of publisher rights and intellectual property rights so long as the developers choose to self publish.

Or maybe I am just an optimist…

SoundDust says:

Never heard of the Tombstone album before – RPS is pretty great :)

• SimonSays says:

link to theband.hiof.no – it is one of the 4 albums they did without Robbie Robertson, and my favourite of them. Partially due to the roughness of the mix gives it that less polished sound I loved about Music From Big Pink and The Band, and more guitar based than either of the 3 official released albums.

Unfortunately it was after Richard Manuel’s death and only a bootleg live track that caps the album features him. Like you might imagine it is as heart breaking as anything he ever sang.

I believe it is unavailable for download anymore – but feel free to reach out to me on my website email and I might be able to get you a copy if you are interested. Just click my name to get to my website (I don’t want to post it as I am not sure the advertising policies on RPS or whatever). :)

And yes RPS is awesome, it is my favourite site on the internet and the only site I check daily. Partly because it is British with all the acerbic wit I adore (I am Canadian and grew up with a strong appreciation for British humour as I was taught music by Brian Griffiths the guitar player for The Big Three who were considered the best band on the Merseybeat scene of Liverpool during the early 60s before The Beatles hit it big) but mostly because they are consistent in releasing news relevant to PC Games with each writer presenting their own unique perspective and style that doesn’t seem to be held to a corporate directive like say PCGamer (or IGN, or Gamespot, Kotaku, etc).

11. The Sombrero Kid says:

Intellectual Property makes thought a crime and I think that’s a crime.

• jeremyalexander says:

Intellectual Property is necessary for creators to maintain control over their creations for a variety of reasons, but copyright and trademark laws need serious reworking when basic words are now challenged in courts.

Angstsmurf says:

For a variety of reasons, I think the world would be a better place if creators did not try to maintain control over their creations. It would be a very different world and worse in some aspects, but on the whole one I would much rather live in.

Neurotic says:

ffs, don’t “reach out” to anyone until I’ve finished downloading! (Even though I still have boxed copies on my shelf, ehehehe).

13. GenialityOfEvil says:

There are widescreen patches for both games.
    link to wsgf.org

link to community.pcgamingwiki.com

14. Jay Load says:

If my downloading these is seen by anyone with power of the IP (yeah, I know, remote) I’d like it to be known that I am currently downloading these games as suggested as the BIGGEST pair of raised middle fingers I can muster to a twisted Intellectual Property system I hate beyond hatred.

Squeeeeeeeeeeee NOLF2!

15. Marclev says:

There’s something about downloading these that feels very very wrong, and therefore a bit thrilling (yeah, I need a life).

I did actually buy both of these back in the day, so not like I don’t own them and therefore probably not being too naughty, but the discs / boxes have long long gone so looking forward to replaying them.

16. Joe Clark says:

You look like you need a monkey!

17. ResonanceCascade says:

Unfortunately, all that will happen now is that the people hosting it will get C&Ded by the staff lawyers at a company that isn’t even sure they own it, but is 100% sure that the minnows they’re sending it to won’t have the resources to fight it anyway.

• GenialityOfEvil says:

That’s fine, we can just take it in turns reuploading it.

• ezelkow1 says:

The site isnt new though. Its been around for over a year hosting those releases. Been spread pretty far and wide too since they started

• ResonanceCascade says:

It’s not new, but it hasn’t had flashing neon lights bladting SUE ME across its face until now.

That said, I don’t blame John. I think this is a wonderful and necessary bit of civil disobedience. I just feel bad for the almost inevitable collateral damage that will occur.

18. Baron Bacon V says:

Damn this is a ballsy move. Kudos to RPS, that garbage publication PCGamer would never do this.

19. Polite Rude Boy says:

Consider it officially stuck to The Man

20. MacTheGeek says:

No One Stays Unavailable Forever.

Dios says:

Remember, capitalism is the most efficient system for distributing resources.

Indigo says:

Some additional information, from a technical point of view.

If you still have some troubles with these versions, you can get a lot of useful information and solutions there:
    link to pcgamingwiki.com
    link to pcgamingwiki.com

For NOLF, I had trouble with mapping because of my French AZERTY keyboard with an English Windows 10 (yeah….). Also, I still had the black screen issue under water (which I think is related to the graphic card so you may have it, or not).

23. Dareg says:

Seems to not work with wine. :(
    Has anybody succeeded to run it under Linux with wine?

• Dareg says:

Thanks.
        It’s strange I cannot get it to work.
        I hope it’s not because of the the modifications they made to the executable for running it easily on modern os… –“

• Baggypants says:

Works ok for me, just followed the HOWTOs in the GOTY version.

• W8JcyyU says:

Hi there,

just a quick note, you need to install vcrun6 via winetricks. Additionally, I installed the following libraries in winetricks:
      directx9, directx10, directx11, corefonts

Without vcrun6, you should get the following error message:
      “Unimplemented function msvcirt.dll …”

A little bat file for easier debugging purposes [1]. Save it in install dir and execute via wineconsole. The script starts the game in windowed mode (makes it easier to see the wine debugging output).

[1]
      lithtech.exe +windowed 1 ++screenwidth “1360” ++screenheight “768” ++screendepth “32” -rez engine.rez -rez game.rez -rez game2.rez -rez sound.rez -rez gamedll.rez -rez mappack001.rez -rez mappack002.rez -rez update_v1x3.rez -rez custom\mods\livesforever\livesforever.rez -rez custom\mods\livesforeverplus\livesforeverplus.rez -rez custom\mods\livesforeverplus\widescreenfix-nolf2.rez

24. bill says:

I may be wrong, but a long while back I was talking to someone about the IP/Patent rules in Japan and they said that, while they start off similar, they have this interesting idea where you have to pay every few years to renew the copyright, and the price slowly increases each time.

It seems like a similar system would fix a lot of these crazy problems.
    By all means, allow copyright to go for 100 years, if the company keeps paying to renew it every 20 years.

25. voidmind says:

Ah the year 2000. A time when you could make a game with a feminist protagonist and no MRAs would be there to start an online petition to whine about it. These were the days.

• KRVeale says:

By weird coincidence, there were fewer nazis around then too.
      I’m sure that’s completely unrelated.

• pepperfez says:

The problem is MRAs keep stopping female protagonists from defeating nazis!

[maybe this is a funny joke in a world where it’s not literally true]

• KRVeale says:

This IS true.
          And the overlap between the MRA manbabies and the actual-no-shit nazi manbabies is significant enough to be of concern in itself.
          oh wow.
          Can you imagine the gyrating turdstorm if the new Wolfenstein that’s been announced had a woman as the protagonist? We could build a gigantic walled enclosure out of all the brix shat by the manbaby brigade, and *leave them in there.*

• meeples says:

No one talks about how brilliantly NOLF 1 frames a bunch of feminist themes and unabashedly portrays the sexism Cate faces working as a spy in the 1960s. There is a whole spectrum ranging from people who treat her like trash because she is a woman working as a spy, to the standard sexist comments and attitudes of the day, all the way up to people who treat her as an equal. So good.

26. funkstar says:

its not just the menus that are broken in widescreen in NOLF2, its the whole in game UI (e.g. turn on subtitles and you wont be able to see them.)

At least the mod also enables hi-res 4:3 resolutions without these problems, which, assuming your screen doesn’t stretch them, is probably the best way to go at the moment

• PsychoWedge says:

Your screen doesn’t stretch games, your graphics card’s drivers do. You can deactivate stretching there to play in whatever box you want. In the nvidia control panel it’s found under display -> desktop size and position.

27. dethtoll says:

I think it’s a shame that these games, as popular as they are, don’t seem to have made it to Re-Release land. But I personally found the first one to be pretty shit and didn’t bother with the 2nd one.

28. SimonSays says:

I also reached out to the Revival team about Contract JACK but haven’t heard back. I know it is nowhere near as good as NOLF or NOLF2 – but it is a solid 6/10 shooter with an little bit of backstory for NOLF2 that I never had as much hate for that everyone seems to. I’d love to see Revival apply the same TLC to it just to have the complete series playable with ease.