Humble Bundle packs Dead Rising, Resident Evil & DmC

The latest Humble Bundle is crammed with Capcom content for savvy bargaineers who fancy killing demons and zombies. The star game for me is 2013’s DmC: Devil May Cry, which can be had for less than a quid, though I suppose some folks would be far more excited about all the Dead Risings and Resident Evils. It’s a decent bundle, which you have another 13 days to grab.

The Humble Capcom Rising Bundle runs on the usual scheme: pay what you want, getting to more games in tiers as you pay more. You can decide how your cash gets divided between Humble, Capcom, and charity.

At least $1/77p will get you side-scrolling fight-o-platformer Strider, the competitive multiplayer Resident Evil spin-off shooter Umbrella Corps, and DmC: Devil May Cry.

“Ugh, DmC,” you rudely interrupt me with. “Isn’t that the game for MILLENNIALS and HIPSTERS with their COFFEE and their PULLED PORK and their INABILITY TO PURCHASE HOUSES and their HAIRCUTS and their DOOMED FUTURE and their TIGHT TROUSERS and their COLOURFUL LIPSTICK and their SPOONS and their ELITISM?”

Mate, come on. Even for a straw man, you’re being a bit of a pranny. DmC: Devil May Cry is a wild ride of a beat ’em up, Adam will tell you, and its ‘tude grows on you. Though it is a shame that we on PC never received the ‘Definitive Edition’ consoles saw.

Anyway! Paying more than the current average price (which is $7.26/£5.62 as I write) also gets you Resident Evil HD Remaster, Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster, Resident Evil 6, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, and some extra bits for Umbrella Corps, as well as coupons for discounts on other Capcom games.

Lastly, pay at least $12/£9.29 and you’ll receive all that plus Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition.

All games come as Steam keys.

1. dystome says:

What dominion do millennials hold over spoons? As either the oldest millennial or the youngest gen-x-er I want to know if I can get in on that…

• Spuzzell says:

It’s ‘Spoons, not spoons.

Wetherspoons, grandad.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to get HOME with the downies.

• dystome says:

Pah! We were calling it that when I was attending pre-legally while failing to properly compose my own monophonic ringtones. Get out of here with your boom box and your Bermuda shorts.

• Duckeenie says:

At least he didn’t call it witherspoons.

• Someoldguy says:

The truth is, there is no spoons.

2. Dodgy says:

I must not be available in Europe I see. Seeing as there is no € price added.

• Askis says:

It is available in Europe, but over here in Germany, all of the Dead Rising games are removed, because the BPjM didn’t appreciate over-the-top violence against zombies.

• IonTichy says:

Yeah, apparently in our country adults are still not allowed to decide what they expose themselves to.
        So ridiculous…

• Someoldguy says:

It is entirely up to you where and when you make yourself available and what currencies you choose to accept.

• Slazia says:

People in Japan are out of luck, too.

TBH, I hate Capcom, but I still feel angry that I couldn’t buy it if I wanted to.

3. malkav11 says:

Yeah, that’s definitely the best part of the deal. But the rest of it will get you a decent amount of zombie biffing, so there’s that.

4. TotallyUseless says:

Good bundle, but ugh, those are some ugly in between games. 1$ is enough for DmC and Strider. Not a fan of dead rising either so nope, just paying 1 bucks for this bundle.

5. konondrum says:

First time I have ever been tempted enough to actually try the Humble Store. Usually the bundles are full of awful filler, and I already have a big enough backlog as is.
    A couple bucks for Strider and DMC, though? That was enough to get me to bite.

6. Mara says:

I had a good time durdling through DmC, definitely an experience I’d recommend for a dollar.
    Due to living in Germany the offer is so much less attractive for me though, since it completely cuts out all the Dead Rising titles and adds no different games (something Humble has done in the past).

DelrueOfDetroit says:

DmC is no straw man. It’s a Devil May Cry game that plays like a Devil May Cry copycat. It might have better visuals but that doesn’t change how limp and lifeless the combat feels. Dante’s haircut isn’t close to being the main problem.

They don’t even get the sound effects right, for crying out loud.