Crashday: Redline Edition revamps 2006 smash-o-racer

Big news, gang: Crashday is back! (Psst! This text is written in special ink only visible to people who didn’t play Crashday.) Developers Moonbyte Games have announced that Crashday: Redline Edition [official site], a revamp of the 2006 smash-o-stunt-a-shoot-y-racing game, will launch on August 10th. (I’ve never heard of Crashday but it does sound like a game that would’ve meant a lot to someone a decade ago.) The Redline Edition is prettied-up, fixed-up, and expanded. (Look, for a decade they’ve been met with blank faces when they talk about this game they played so much of – let’s pretend, to give them a happy day.) Observe:

Crashday sees heavily-armed supercars racing, battling, and smashing in singleplayer and online modes. This here Redline Edition will bring new cars and tracks, “fully remastered” graphics, bug fixes, tweaks, and Steam Workshop support for mods.

Our corporate kin at Eurogamer were bored by Crashday back in 2006 but you and I know that fightcar games can make people fall unexpectedly in love with them. (This is true – I played so very much Quarantine.)

Crashday: Redline Edition is hitting Steam on August 10th. Gang, let’s share memories of playing it back in the day. (Shh! Let’s quietly observe them and discover why this re-release is exciting to some. Going by YouTube comments on the trailer, a number of people definitely are stoked. Let’s listen in.)

Top comments

1. Shirsh says:

That's story of my life, for ten years I tell people that only 3d racing game I really like is Crashday and they keep saying that never heard about it.
  1. GallonOfAlan says:

Had great fun with Crashday when the kids were small as it gave them the GTA-style car wreck shenanigans when they weren’t getting anywhere near GTA itself.

Had a modded version if I recall where the bus was basically the fastest and most indestructible vehicle, had immense fun building maps with stupid jumps and so forth.

2. Shirsh says:

That’s story of my life, for ten years I tell people that only 3d racing game I really like is Crashday and they keep saying that never heard about it.

3. dualestl says:

It honestly looks the same,mind you it was a very nice looking game for its time,but still you would expect more.

Its been over a decade since it got released and this is all? Wouldn’t be surprised if they just tried to make a quick buck over a long forgotten tittle.

4. Gomer_Pyle says:

Reminds me a bit of the Burnin’ Rubber games.

5. Syrion says:

Now that’s a name I didn’t expect to see again. I was very hyped for Crashday those years ago, and while it was disappointing in some regards and I understand all the criticism it received, I still had lots of fun with it. It’s quite the unique game, the kind of which seemingly just doesn’t catch on anymore.

I’m doubtful of this re-release, it doesn’t seem to offer any major addition or reworkings. Unless this comes at a cheap price I don’t see this faring any better than it did 11 years ago.

6. c-Row says:

Oh, that was a fun arena car shooting game. Now somebody do Split Second next, please.

7. automatic says:

Never heard of Crashday but someone should definitely make a persistent world Quarantine MMO with modern tech.