Humble selling best Telltale games for 15 smackeroos

Oh boy, have we got sales news for you, vast gaping maw of collective consumerism. Isn’t it a beautiful day for buying things? The Humbler Bundlers have put together a bunch of Telltale’s better games for $15. Yes, everyone has probably already got their critically acclaimed zombies ‘n’ conversation games based on the Walking Dead. But has everybody got Batman? Has everybody got Game of Thrones? Has everybody got…

*squints at notes*

“Bone: The Great Cow Race”?

In other words, there’s a fair smattering of the developer’s oeuvre, and more will be added next week. The average price will currently get you the likes of Tales from the Borderlands, the Michonne Walking Dead spin-off, some Sam and/or Max games, as well as some Poker games and a coupon for 50% off the latest zomboromp, Walking Dead: A New Frontier. Bump it up to the full $15 and you get Batman and Minecraft Story Mode.

It’s also worth saying, if you are one of the three people who hasn’t played the first season of the Walking Dead, you can get it for a single United States buck, even if you don’t fancy the rest. That’s less than the price of a refreshing #Pepsi #Drink.

I haven’t got much else to say other than to say it lasts until August 1 and to direct you to the Humble Bundle website where you can utilise your commercial leverage in a satisfactory fashion, valued customer of video games. Delicious content for the process of economic ingestion, it feels so good to purchase!

(Hello? Yes, it’s me. Yes, I think they bought it.

No, they don’t know part of the sales money goes to charities like Water Aid.

I think I was very convincing, yes.

…Mr President.)

1. Keios says:

Don’t knock Jeff Smith’s Bone. It’s a truly brilliant comic that effortlessly switches between comedy, pathos, utter ridiculous silliness and high fantasy. It also has a character called Ted The Bug. His name’s Ted. He’s a bug.

• klops says:

I think it was mocking of Telltale’s The Great Cow Race instead. Other news: I really like your writing Mr. Brendan. I like most likely every other people’s writing on this site too, but you I might fancy in the top 12.

• InfamousPotato says:

Just thought I’d chime in to say I concur. The writers on this site are gosh darn delightful.

• welverin says:

Doesn’t matter, you don’t talk shit about Bone! Even if the game is crap.

Oh, and I disagree with Keios, not brilliant, it’s the best comic ever made.

2. Booker says:

Too bad it’s almost the identical selection as the last telltale humble bundle. I already got game of thrones and all that from the first one. I wonder which games they are going to add next week. Probably Wolf Among Us.

Nauallis says:

Damnit, my bank won’t convert the national currency to smackeroos.

4. MikoSquiz says:

NB. The bundle appears to contain only the first two seasons of Sam & Max. They’re okayish, passable, decent enough, but..

The third season is the good one, worth going out of your way for; the first two aren’t.

• kalirion says:

I’d say chances are very good that S&M S3 will be added to BTA tier next week.

Gnarl says:

Yeah SamnMax’s first two seasons are great in their own ways, but much rougher than Telltale’s later stuff. The third one is wonderful in a more general fashion, so I hope they do add it in later. And that they actually make more at some point.

I mean, I understand it’d basically be a charity move at this point compared to the mega-money that their popular licences are bringing in. But I don’t think they’d be where they are today without them, so I think it’s the only possible way to show their gratitude. Or they could actually finish off the Bone stuff…

• Darth Gangrel says:

I got the third season on one of their previous Telltale bundles, my email says it was in April 2016, so I’m very glad that I got to complete the collection for just 1 dollar.

5. TotallyUseless says:

Hi RPS,

please for the love of lord Gaben and all that’s holy, KEEP POSTING NEWS ABOUT HUMBLE BUNDLES! It’s great to see news like this, but sadly RPS doesn’t regularly post about HumbleBundles, so please keep it up, keep it up, KEEP IT UP!! Any new bundles for Humble PC, post it even if they are about Japanese games. If I’m not mistaken you did not post anything about the bundle for Sekai games. :P

Love you RPS.

6. AbyssUK says:

How can you not mention you can get the awesome Puzzle Agent 1 + 2 for just $1…

Also odd why the Back to the future games are missing.. i liked them…
    Would also have been good to get the wallace and gromit games too..

• Gurrah says:

Thank god someone mentions Puzzle Agent, a shame they haven’t pursued the series further but for me it’s the best thing Telltale have ever done. Such a charming pair of games. And yes, 1$ – if you like puzzles and odd humour go get it.

7. frelled says:

I played through the first Walking Dead game and walked away from the series even though I purchased the 3 seasons at the same time. Maybe it is age, maybe it is having kids, but it just felt like they attempted to find the maximum amount of horrible shit they could do to a little girl without any sense of redemption or reprieve. I can’t sit through any more of that.

Sam and Max is fun though.