Destroy all monsters! Gigantic released

Gigantic, the free-to-play multiplayer brawl-o-shooter where each team has the support of a honking great monster, has left early access and launched in full. It offers class-based 5v5 fisticuffs, and did I mention the big monsters? Matches climax with the two bigguns scrapping, see, each team trying to help their megafriend out. It’s a bit MOBA-y, but what isn’t nowadays? Here, have a look in the launch trailer:

The update bringing Gigantic to a full launch introduces a new character, text chat, tutorial improvements, and plenty of tweaks and balance changes. See the full patch notes over here for full details.

Gigantic is free-to-play through Steam and publishers Perfect World’s Arc client, though the Steam version goes through the Arc launcher anyway. It’s also on the Windows 10 store but that version can’t play with Steamers, only other Tenners and Xboxeers. If you’ve played on the Windows 10 version, you can transfer your account to Arc.

As is the usual free-to-play way, characters can be unlocked with a virtuacash earned while playing or with a microtransaction currency. If you want to skip that, you can pay £23.99/29,99€/$29.99 for the ‘Ultimate Pack’ upgrade which includes access to all present and future characters. People who paid for the Founder’s Pack before launch are upgraded to the Ultimate Pack and get some extra shinies.

1. Author X says:

Wow, I was super excited when I first heard of this game, and had some fun playing in the beta at some point, but had forgotten about it for a while.

Anyway, a shame it’s coming out right as Splatoon 2 does, and a new Overwatch character.

2. Joey Fudgepants says:

Hope the game is good so that I can work “A big big love” into the review.

3. ersetzen says:

Really happy that this is finally out after it looked like the studio might not make it several times. It is one of few games where I regularly finish a match and think `wow that was *really* fun`!

4. Pizzzahut says:

Don’t think the world needs another Overwatch clone.

• Darthus says:

I’m confused about what makes this an Overwatch clone, do you know what the game is about? However, your comment is inherently credible since if the game looks like an Overwatch clone to someone who is more familiar with Overwatch (which is everyone), then it’s in trouble (despite the fact that it pre-dated Overwatch and actually has almost nothing to do with it aside from that it’s team based and action is involved).

• MisterFurious says:

Like “Overwatch” is at all original.

• nindustrial says:

My guess is that you’re complaining about the art style. This game plays *nothing* like Overwatch, it’s… extremely unique; I’m pretty excited about learning how to play.

• Dances to Podcasts says:

The art style reminds me more of Paladins, actually.