Price slashed: Shadow Warrior reboot is free right now

Hie thee to Humble to grab Shadow Warrior [official site] for free. No, unlike the last time, this is the 2013 reboot of the demon-stabbing FPS – the one with less comedy racism and a whole lot more splendid ultraviolence. It’s fun video games.

As Adam said in his Wot I Think at launch:

“Completely against my expectations, I can’t think of a first-person shooter I’ve enjoyed more this year. Owing as much of a debt to Serious Sam as to the game that it takes its name from, Shadow Warrior rarely pauses for breath. In fact, it rarely changes pace at all. Wang’s movement seemed erratic to me at first, too fast and slippery, but I soon realised that I had it all wrong. Other games are too slow. When there are this many demons to kill and so many ways to kill them, it’s better to move fast and to carry a big sword. Job done.”

Swing by the Humble Store to get a Steam key for Windows, Mac, and Linux. That’s the Special Edition too, which comes with some extra weapons and bits and is £40 on Steam at the mo. It goes down to £4 on sale but hey, £0 is an even friendlier price.

You’ve got until 6pm on Saturday (10am Pacific) to grab it.

1. Zach Fett says:

The “official site” link just leads to RPS posts tagged with “Shadow Warrior”.

2. stringerdell says:

Wow! Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to this one

3. Wellzy4eva says:

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! RPS has been a great resource for finding out about free pc game promotions.

4. CelticPixel says:

Similar to Adam’s review it caught me by surprise when it was released and went from being a game I wasn’t especially bothered about to the best FPS I played that year. If it’s free you should definitely go get it!

5. Morat Gurgeh says:

Thank you so very much for the heads up on this, I’m having an absolute blast. I actually feel guilty for not paying. I’ll have to buy the sequel to make up for it!

6. RobinOttens says:

Um.. I must be missing something. But I don’t see how it’s free, the store just says “€4.99” for me. Do I need to be subscribed to the humble monthly thing for the price to go down to €0 ?