Great gifs of games being worked on!

carrion1A rainy lunchtime saw me shun my nature walk for a trip through the Gifs of Games Being Worked On thread of the TIGSource forum. I’ve collated favourites below so you can take a peek too!

This one isn’t actually from the thread but I found it while looking at a walljumping sprite gif for the same game by forum user, muki. Here’s the walljumping so you can see that side of the game idea too:

This next one is by a user by the name of Carrion from a game currently known only as Project0v0:

The art style is so ace – a kind of organic shabby whimsical pixelation! This Garden Sentinel character with a companion walking bush from the designer’s tumblr is great!

Garden Sentinel by Carrion

This is a particle experiment by AaronB which made me think of firework displays and sparklers and neurons firing!

The gif led me to Aaron’s Particle Space which is a pay-what-you-want alpha project over on itch.io which looks cool as a toybox/sandbox to play around in!

This one goes in the opposite graphical direction (in my reckoning, anyway!) – it’s an ASCII art RPG called Stone Story – official thread here – with some really evocative backgrounds:

Sean Noonan’s Jack B Nimble is out on mobile now, I think, but on PC it’s a Steam Greenlight thing which is in that stage between being Greenlit and being released on the store.

If you’ve seen any good gifs do feel free to link them below! I’m behind on my internet trawling and I haven’t even had a chance to go through the last two Screenshot Saturdays on Twitter!

1. muki0 says:

look ma, I’m on RPS!

and yes, Carrion’s stuff is legendary

2. Halk says:

Some great ones from the past few days :

Sebastien Benard’s Zero Volt X : link to twitter.com

Renaud Forestie’s Power Play :

Malcolm Brown’s Charge :

3. PancreaticDefect says:

Everything on this Tumblr. I’ve been waiting on this game for what feels like forever.
    link to eitrthegame.tumblr.com

4. poliovaccine says:

Love the look of the background city in that Project 0v0 one… incidentally, I hope that’s more than just the working title, cus I kinda love that name haha..

5. Marrow says:

Inglenook have been releasing some good gifs from Witch Marsh. I just wish they’d hurry up and release the game, as they’re like a year behind schedule

• vahnn says:

Yes! I was hoping to see Witchmarsh on here.

I was looking forward to playing it along with a friend (I ordered two copies for us.) We went to the same schools but were never really friends, but we bonded the last few years online through our love of indie games and games with retro/pixel art. Unfortunately he passed away earlier this year. This game’s release will be bittersweet for me.

6. TheBetterStory says:

I love how cheerful and positive this post is!

Bloom Shrooms has a pretty fun pixel style where the whole world dances: link to gfycat.com

7. BlankedyBlank says:

Project0v0 reminds me of Moon Hunters, but better:

link to static.blog.playstation.com

link to static.blog.playstation.com

8. literarylottie says:

I mean, everything @punchesbears posts on Twitter is comedy gold (make sure you have the volume up):

link to twitter.com

(not exactly gifs I guess but whatevs)

Pepper Grinder continues to look great:

And I am hyped as heck for Mineko’s Night Market:

9. Quickly says:

Stone Story is something else. Amazing to see the creative use of character-based animation.

10. chuckieegg says:

Theres a very nice Bugaboo vibe on the Walljump Wip.

Comment on this story