Podcast: The Electronic Wireless Show talks Gamescom, The Long Dark and Plunkbat

longdarkpodcast

Toss another podcast episode upon the fire, stranger. The cold is closing in but the Electronic Wireless Show will keep us warm. Pip, Alice and Adam gather round the podfire this week to talk about the lies (Adam tells) at Gamescom, the icy reception to The Long Dark‘s story mode, the cleansing rain of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, and the deadly climates of No Man’s Sky.

We then turn to you, listeners, to discuss your favourite in-game weather. And somewhere in the middle there’s also a long discussion about karaoke, for some reason.

You can listen above, or go straight to Soundcloud where you can download it for later.

You can also get the RSS feed here or find it on iTunes, Stitcher or Pocket Casts. Our campfire music is by Jack de Quidt.

Want to write in with questions for a future episode? Now you can, to podcast@rockpapershotgun.com.

Links:

Gamescom is like this

Artifact is a Dota card game

Pip reviewed The Long Dark ep 2

Adam previewed Frostpunk

More Plunkbat chat

Details of No Man’s Sky’s new update

The best 7/10s including Mad Max

Alice’s mod readme Tumblr

This is Adam Smith

1. kababowie says:

Hey, put your Podcast on Spotify! Please?!

2. Ben King says:

I’ve skipped the past couple shows for no good reason but I have a 6 hr train ride to The town of Carbondale IL to hang out with family and watch the eclipse this weekend so I think this will be a good train pod:-)

3. caff says:

Cool episode.

It’s nice to have a vocal commentary on games, with side thoughts and randomness that the human brain can offload, and not just written words. And the love of No Mans Sky is no bad thing – it’s had so much hatred in popular circles, but you make me want to fire it up again.

Also, Alice’s microphone reverb echo makes her sound like a powerful, omnipresent and yet benevolent English but-living-in-Scotland-not-quite-sure-why god. This is not a criticism, strangely it seems very apt given her posting frequency on RPS. I hope this won’t change (but I’m only saying that so I don’t get zapped by a shower of duff edinburgh fringe comedians, or something).

DuncUK says:

Personally I hope she fixes it because I found it very distracting.

• Alice O'Connor says:

There’s no fix: I live in a flat with high ceilings and laminate floors so every room has an ominous echo.

Well, no fix that I’m willing to pay for as a mere backup backup podcast guest.

• RobinOttens says:

You sound like a god joining in on the games conversation. I loved it. Don’t worry about it.

• Undermind_Mike says:

You could sit under a duvet for an hour ;)

I agree with Robin though – you should say things like “My child… you must not go near the tower!” or “Oh, stop grovelling!”

4. someoneelse84 says:

Where is the next episode???