Humble adds some of Bethesda’s best to the End of Summer Sale

ROW_Wolfenstein_II_Weird_Shit_1503395627

As you may have spotted, Humble has been running an ‘End of Summer Sale’ over the past few days to ring in the Autumn and, well, discount a bunch of games. The sale only has a few days left to run and the final wave of titles has been added as of today. This batch is entirely from Bethesda and features some of the company’s best stuff – from Doom to Wolfenstein to Call of Cthulu. Just me on that last one? (it did sneak into our list of best horror games! – ed).

You have a few days left to pick up this range or any number of discounts (like Hitman’s entire first season) before the sale is gone for good.

Here are some highlights of the Bethesda range:

Prey for £19.99 / $29.99 / €29.99
Fallout 4 for £13.39 / $20.09 / €20.09
Doom for £13.39 / $20.09 / €20.09
Dishonored 2 for £22.49 / $29.99 / €29.99
Skyrim Special Edition for £14.99 / $19.99 / €19.99
Wolfenstein: The New Order for £11.24 / $14.99 / €14.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for £7.49 / $9.99 / €9.99
The Evil Within Bundle for £7.19 / $9.99 / €9.99
Rage for £1.99 / $2.49 / €2.49
Call of Cthulu Dark Corners of the Earth for 99p / $1.24 / €1.24
Ultimate Doom for £1.49 / $1.24 / €2.49
Quake 4 for £3.24 / $3.74 / €3.74
Quake 2 for 99p / $1.24 / €1.24

In addition to Square Enix and Bethesda, you can also find titles from Capcom, Rockstar, Deep Silver and more, all on offer for the next few days with some decent discounts. As always with Humble, a portion of the proceeds will go directly to charity, too, which is extra nice.

1. Arioch_RN says:

A very nice widescreen fix came out for Call of Cthulhu last year: link to thirteenag.github.io

• Jay Load says:

Just a shame the game itself is dating horribly and still prone to crashing. Yes, it’s tense in THAT chase scene but overall it’s a rather ropey experience everywhere else. I wouldn’t recommend it.

• Whelp says:

Yep. I played it a couple years back and I wasn’t impressed. It’s buggy as hell and didn’t age well.

• Arioch_RN says:

I’d recommend it for just shy of a quid. I played through it earlier this year and the only snag I encountered was with the Shoggoth – the player walking speed was just a touch too slow to get past an attacking tendril. A nifty program called DCoTE Tools helped me tweak that right.

2. wombat191 says:

Score I get paid before the sale ends :)

I’ve been meaning to pick up Prey and Evil within

3. napoleonic says:

Prey is ace. Watch out for pairs of mugs…

4. Darth Gangrel says:

Pretty weak discounts overall, just like every other sale they’ve had. Can’t find Skyrim Legendary Edition anymore, only the more expensive version (which, discounted, costs 2-4 times as much as I’m willing to pay for it) and the standalone expansion for Wolfenstein costs as much as the base game.

I’ll say this, though: I like that they haven’t ditched Doom 3’s regular version and that they’re even discounting its DLC, making old Doom 3 + expansion cheaper than the BFG Edition, which itself has a generous 75 % discount. I own Doom 3 on disc, played it quite much at the time and don’t want to pay twice, so I’ll wait a good while before I consider buying it, but it figures that it’s the only good deal here.

• LivingfortheNight says:

I quite like Doom 3 and it’s aged surprisingly well, it still looks relatively nice today.

Also, someone went ahead and remade Ultimate Doom episode 1 in Doom 3s engine. It’s particularly glorious if you ask me.

5. SaintAn says:

Don’t forget to boycott this trash. As was recommended by Bethesda themselves when they said “Don’t like it then don’t buy it.” about paid mods.

You can find all this for free on certain sites if you really want it. No idea why RPS would even post this poorly thought out article.

Comment on this story