What are we all playing this weekend?

Welcome to autumn! This is the first weekend of the season, a time to sit on a park bench watching leaves rust and tutting at those which are already falling. A few weeks from now, we’ll be gaily kicking through leafy streets and puffing little clouds of steam. A few days after that, we’ll be unleashing big steamy puffs as we cuss up a storm at the damn fool sodden leafmash that made us fall on our jacksie.

What are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re clicking on.

Adam: [Adam is at EGX this weekend and therefore likely bombarded with so many coloured lights and noises that he’ll flash back to his days as a Bez tribute act and wobble from side to side muttering Black Grape lyrics -ed.]
Alec: It’s another heretical weekend for me I’m afraid, but that’s because Metroid: Samus Returns just turned up for my 3DS. It’s another Metroid game: I hope you can understand the importance of that. Here is a controversial claim: Metroid games are the best Metroidvania games. Go figure, right?

I also might play more of 1996 DOS racer Screamer 2, as it just got a Steam re-release and it’s still ace-o, I tell ya.

Alice: Hey, it’s me, still playing Plunkbat and Isaac. I did pick up the endless cyberhell bikeblaster SWARMRIDER OMEGA after Alec pointed it out and will play more, though so far I find the difficulty curve quite unsatisfying. I’d also like to catch up on engineering detective game Infra before the third and final episode launches next week.
Brendan: [Brendan is also at EGX. He probably won’t do that Bez stuff -ed.]
Graham: I’m going to play one of two games this weekend. Dishonored 2 is one potential, which I installed this past week after never getting to it during its original release. The other is Heat Signature. I’m friends with its designer, Tom Francis, and so this statement contains no journalistic integrity whatsoever, but I played it during beta and enjoyed its space japes. I’m looking forward to infiltrating more spaceships and trying to improvise my way out of mistakes.
John: This weekend it’s my wedding anniversary, so we’re off to a little AirB&B in Cornwall, after ditching the kid with relatives. So obviously no gaming… ha ha, who am I kidding?! I bought a Switch, so I’m going to playing Zelda until I’m entirely divorced.
Philippa: This weekend I will be playing Plunkbat. I should also visit the swimming pool. If there’s time I should try to fit in a spot of protesting some butterflies.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

1. Lars Westergren says:

Did hand surgery yesterday, broken finger. So this weekend and next three weeks until the cast is removed, anything I can play with one hand.

Finished West of Loathing. It was good but combat a bit simple and repetetive. Now I just started Divinity: OS2.

I should download some point & click adventure too, haven’t decided which yet. Obduction? Thimbleweed Park? The Blackwell series maybe?

• Fede says:

The Blackwell series is very nice, I played it all a couple months ago. The first is the weakest, but I’d still suggest not to skip it.
      I’d also recommend playing them all close to each other.

Wish you a fast recovery!

• ninjapirate says:

Regarding adventures: I found “Contradiction – Spot the Liar!” (a murder/mystery/detective game) to be entertaining and quite memorable.

• Konservenknilch says:

If you liked the Myst games, I can heartily recommend Obduction. While not part of the franchise, it’s very much a spiritual sequel.

• Synesthesia says:

Anything by Amanita design. Specially if they gave you some fun painkillers!

But for real, just watching those games is a treat. Currently ooing and aahing my way through Samorost 3.

jssebastian says:

I’m sure there’s a bestest best list for this up on RPS somewhere…

If you have not played day of the tentacle or grim fandango already, I would recommend those. For the more recent ones, Fran Bow is pretty good (a bit uneven, but the first 2 or 3 chapters are great), and so is Broken Age. I have not yet played Thimbledweed Park but I plan to at some point…

• poliovaccine says:

Ah, so turn-based strategy and adventure games it is, then!

I went through a period of having one hand rendered unusable surgically, I feel your pain. I mean I’m both a gamer and a pianist, it sucked haha. But the worst part was learning to wipe and jerk off with the non-dominant hand. Though hey, now I’ll never forget! I’m contextually ambidextrous!

• Unsheep says:

GOG is having a big sale right now, which includes a number of Adventure- and puzzle games. Some favourites from the selection:
      – the Blackwell series – Shardlight – Gemini Rue
      – Technobabylon – Resonance – Samorost 3 – Primordia
      – Machinarium – Kathy Rain – The Witness – Obduction

They are all really good, and worth playing.

2. LW says:

Warframe, oddly. A Steam friend was playing it, and free’s always the best price. Get loot, fill bars, shoot a million bad guys in the face, but it’s not bad for something four years old.

• Unclepauly says:

You squeezed my bait response gland thoroughly with this post, bravo.

• LW says:

I’m not sure how, but okay. It’s just a decently fun game that hasn’t cost me more than a hefty download.

3. Morte66 says:

Mostly “clear the house up and clean the kitchen because my relatives from Australia announced on Wednesday that they would be visiting tomorrow”.

But maybe I’ll buy the Guild Wars 2 expansion when they’re gone.

• Morte66 says:

Well, guess I’m not playing the Guild Wars 2 expansion because it’s broken, nobody can get into the expansion prologue instance, client losing connections, hundreds of posts about it in the support forum, etc etc.

Maybe I’ll try again after I wash the bathroom floor.

• the poison king says:

It’s not broken. There are a few hours of disconnect issues yesterday, but that was about it. That was resolved quickly. It’s been stable since …and, it’s pretty great.

• Morte66 says:

I have not been able to enter the expansion starting instance (meet Ellen Keel) since I bought it at lunchtime.

See link to en-forum.guildwars2.com

… or go to Lion’s Arch on a European server and look at the crowd of people outside Ellen Kiel’s office trying to start the instance…

p.s. are you in North america, by any chance? I heard it was working (better) over there.

• Morte66 says:

The relatives have been, the relatives have gone, and Guild Wars 2 which was apparently fixed about when I went to bed last night and worked all day today has died again in the last hour.

I do have D:OS2 (kickstarted), but I want to wait a while for that.

So, I’ll use what’s left of my weekend in Crusader Kings 2, probably with leprosy since the disease DLC is on sale at the mo.

4. hoho0482 says:

Rise of tomb raider now realise been on a humble monthly subscription these last few months…

5. dangermouse76 says:

Streets of Rogue still coming along nicely, so some of that. Also had Company of Heroes for ever from a sale so going try this for the first time. Single player campaign.

6. GernauMorat says:

Original Sin 2. First time I’ve ever got into one of these massive isometric RPG’s, and I’m loving it. I think what really helped draw me in was the good (and often genuinely funny) writing: I get put off many fantasy RPG’s by the unrelenting po-facedeness of the plot. Meanwhile, in DO 2 I have, among other things, put out the cursed flames burning a family of pigs, spoken to a bunch of argumentative heads on sticks and assisted a chicken in regaining its’ stolen eggs. The combat is excellent, but to a newcomer bastard hard though.

7. Scurra says:

Minecraft: Better Together, as I’ve been looking forward to being able to play online with my nephew who is on Xbox.

8. Kreeth says:

Also bought a Switch recently and have been Zeldaring till my eyes bleed for the last couple of weeks. Probably more of that.

I’m a bit stuck for PC at the moment. Finishing off finding everything in Nier, have been dicking about avoiding getting to the end of Blood and Wine etc. Dishonored 2 and Prey are installed but i can’t face starting them yet for some reason.

I need to get a wiggle on before Mario hits though. I have the feeling that may take up all my gaming time for months…

9. Sic says:

Like everyone else and their gran, I’m obviously also going to play Divinity: Original Sin II.

However, one thing that rather annoys me is that Larian couldn’t come up with a better name for it. Honestly. Divinity: Original Sin II? Doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue, does it?

It also is, at the outset, a poor title for something. Seems like just random words thrown together, without any regard for aesthetics whatsoever.

What seems like one of the best RPG’s ever made deserves better.

• LennyLeonardo says:

Yeah, more like ‘unoriginal sin’, amirite?!! Hahaha. Ha?…

• Buuurr says:

No matter how great a game is made or improved on, there is always more room for tears. Cry on, Son! Cry on!

The Borderer says:

It’s better than Divine Divinity.

• Morat Gurgeh says:

To be fair, there’s already 3 words and punctuation in the title. Adding a fourth might have sounded a bit silly.

10. yogibbear says:

I’m playing the original Divinity original Sin original but enhanced original version. It’s mighty fine. Just got up to Braccus Rex and need to do some crafting as had spec’d pretty much everyone with fire damage up to this point. >:(

• Hoot says:

How did you clear the fire area and the Twins-By-Fire-Joined? I too am also playing the first one through on Tactician mode and feel like I’ve hit upon a fairly strong and adaptable setup with my party and skill choices :)

Which is surprising after bouncing off the game 5 times since I bought it when the Enhanced Edition came out. Obviously I’ve changed between now and then because I’m loving it now ;)

DelrueOfDetroit says:

‘Twins-By-Fire-Joined’

I’m pretty sure you can beat that one by teleporting them into the magma.

• Hoot says:

They must have fixed that in the Enhanced Edition mate, because a few Charred Soliders and the Boss walked over Lava to engage one of my guys and healed to full HP from it.

As I said, I’m on Tactician so I don’t know how much of a difference that makes.

11. FizicsMcmanus says:

Another vote for Original Sin 2, “beat” Dead Cells and had to shelve Horizon: Zero Dawn because I can’t get enough of that backlash backstab!

12. Vandelay says:

I’ll likely be staring at new Divinity and thinking I should get it after all the great things I’ve heard about it. Memories of enjoying, but not enjoying enough to play to completion, the original Original Sin puts me off slightly. Also, I’ve just discovered that there is a Kickstarter for a return of the card game Doomtown Reloaded with a new expansion that I am very likely to spend far too much money. So, purchasing new games might go on hold for a bit.

Instead, I’ve been playing quite a bit of Bloodborne again. I got very stuck against both the Vicar Amelia and Blood Starved Beast for some reason, so progresses was halted for quite some time. Eventually defeated Vicar Amelia and now everything is flying again. Going for a heavy skill build, mostly using the cane for the moment, with the hope to switching it up to something else when it comes along. Nothing has particularly taken my interest used though.

On PC, should be continuing with some X-Com 2 (sans War of the Chosen.) Had a bit of tense fight when the UFO caught up with me, which was fun but quite exhausting. Had to reload it a couple of times, as it took me a few attempts to realise that I needed to be more defensive, rather than the usual always pushing forward of standard X-Com levels. Did manage to end the level getting everyone out alive, with only a few wounded though.

• Minglefingler says:

My experience with the first Original Sin was the same as yours, the sequel is a far better game though, which is not to say that the older game was in any way bad. I think the writing and plot weren’t strong enough to keep me going for the first game, both have definitely been improved for number rwo and the whole game feels more cohesive whilst still having the feel of an enormous playground. I have a sneaking suspicion that once I’ve finished it, Original Sin 2 may be one of my favourite rpgs ever.

magnificent octopus says:

I just bought Niche, so I’ll be playing that. But first, I have to wait for my Slime Rancher induced nausea to wear off. (I’m usually fine in 1st person games, but something about slime rancher is slightly disorienting, and too long play session leave me a little queasy. Still a good game, though).

DelrueOfDetroit says:

Initial thoughts on Niche?

Have you tried adjusting the FOV in Slime Rancher?

magnificent octopus says:

I’m only a couple of hours into Niche, but it feels surprisingly frantic for something that’s turn based. Trying to balance food, breeding, recruiting new members, and moving evolution in a chosen direction is challenging. It’s good, though, I’ve found it easy to learn how to play, and the art is good, and I’m enjoying it so far.

With Slime rancher, I think the problem is that I tend to get lost and disoriented. I’ll try to FOV, though.

14. particlese says:

Lawbreakers because it’s loads of fun and I like the recent additions/changes, and Overwatch because it has a free weekend going on and I want to “research” good team shooters with large player bases so I can be ever so slightly informed about such things. Also, it’s supposed to be fun, and I have time for two good games at the moment, so why not?

Tangentially related is that I’ve finally put Skyrim to rest and uninstalled it. Only took 6 years…

• particlese says:

Yep, Overwatch is pretty darned fun. There are plenty of things to compliment and a few to be mildly annoyed by.

The one thing it does a lot better which Lawbreakers really needs to improve is the onboarding. If the latter were to add moving targets and things to heal/support in the sandbox mode, that would bring that part effectively up to snuff, and actual botmatches would of course be massive, but as it stands right now, OW has it handily beat in that pretty important area.

On the other side of the coin, I rather dislike OW’s barriers to you getting back in the action. Yes, newbies generally die a lot. And yes, there’s one char who can occasionally create a teleporter to cut that time down and another who can resurrect you, but there was still a ton of downtime in the push-/defend-the-car mode I typically found myself in. The passive part is different but effectively as useful as it is in LB, by my reckoning. The active part (running back to the action), however, generally takes more time and is less fun than in LB due to the apparent lack of quick movement options for all characters. On the whole, though, I find the delays tolerable enough that I might find myself playing OW in lieu of LB if the latter fully implodes. And if LB does implode, I will seriously miss its take on movement. OW has some fliers and some grenade jumpers and sprinters and things, but it seems not all characters have such options, and even for those who do, moving around with them doesn’t seem anywhere near as much fun as it is in LB.

15. elvirais says:

I should get to Original Sin 2 but I’m terribly addicted to Path of Exile since a week or two – darn you positive RPS reviews. Seriously, it’s as addictive as Diablo II.

16. Zorgulon says:

When I get some spare moments they’ll be spent fleeing spaceships with unconscious hostages in Heat Signature and getting to grips with Mercy 2.0 and new-fangled rocket D.Va in Overwatch.

Grizzly says:

I’m still browsing my way trough DEATH of the OUTSIDER and it’s quite cool, but the things I want to say havce already been said elsewhere. It’s good! If you liked Dishonored’s DLC, you’ll like this.

I’ve been playing Project Cars 2, and I am very impressed by the way it handles weather. Rain is a tricky thing on racetracks, especially with the mountainous tracks like Spa: Rain doesn’t mean you get less grip as you go along, it means puddles forming on certain parts of hte track whilst other parts stay dry, it means that some parts of the road become treacherous, it means trying to exploit dry lines, dry bits of track, and avoiding puddles that destabilize yhour car. Dirt 4 had something similar, and it’s just as impressive here. Rain isn’t an additional difficulty setting – – it’s an event, and that’s the best thing.

• Kreeth says:

Oh gods I haven’t played Brigmore Witches yet either. I have so much Dishonored lined up to get through.

18. redgore says:

The Division as usual, trying to get some better stuff for my build. I may also jump into the PTS to try out the new PVP stuff. Of course as Overwatch is free this weekend I will give it another go.

19. Jonfon says:

Since next week is when pay happens no Divinity until then. In the meantime still Xcom2. Pretty much done now, nearly everything researched and that point where your roster is full of scary individuals with scary weapons. Still two Mumm-ra wannabes to deal with so I’ll beat them up next I think.

20. Konservenknilch says:

Trying to finally wrap up Pillars of Eternity. I lost interest for a while during White March Part II, but now I’m back into it.

21. and its man says:

HA! NO Divinity : Original Sin 2 HERE, you freaks.

Since I’m done with the excellent Darkwood, let’s finish Samorost 3, play sadly-not-included-to-this-week’s-Unknown-Pleasures The Nose, try some nice games from the itch.io Hurricane Relief Bundle like FJORDS and Beads of Orange Glass, watch some smosabs in metal bikini bounce in Arena: An Age of Barbarian Story, plant fungi in wacky artificial life simulator Vilmonic, and bring super cute Jettomero: (unwise giant robot) Hero of the Universe‘s story to its conclusion.

22. Morcane says:

No Divinity. I tried the first one and bounced off heavily of it.

Path of Exile, and more Heat Signature since it’s really good. I tried Overwatch one more time, but I still think it’s really boring.

23. Minglefingler says:

Divinity and if I can drag myself away from that then some more War of the Chosen. I really want to get Heat Signature and Death of the Outsider but there’s no chance of me touching them until I’m done with both of the games I’m currently playing.

• Jonfon says:

Games seem to be like buses. You spend all summer waiting for something new and then of the buggers show up practically together (Xcom, Divinity and Heat Signature). Plus that Stellaris expansion. I may need clones…

24. Caiman says:

Playing the first Original Sin game, about 85 hours into it and still a way to go! It’s still got me in its clutches, managing to stay fresh enough to keep going. I’m alternating this with Prey, which I’m enjoying quite a lot.

25. AutonomyLost says:

I’ll be finishing Nioh, continuing on into New Game+ immediately, and hopefully begin character customization in D:OS2. Great gaming weekend!

Big Dunc says:

XCOM 2 WotC. Because it’s still there and I’m still breathing.

27. fish99 says:

I’ve spent the last month hooked on the first Destiny so I expect that to continue, at least until I beat Rise of Iron. My Hunter is now level 40 and I’m finding the gunslinger subclass to be the most fun to play. My Warlock looks cooler, but the jumping is annoying and the super can miss. Think I’ll go Hunter in D2 also.

• welverin says:

I’m going to hazard a guess and say you stcuk with Voidwalker while playing Warlock, and ask: did you try Sunsinger or Stormcaller enough to get a real sense of them?

I only played Warlock and Sunsinger was my preferred subclass, while I typically saved my super to res myself (that being the eeason they dropped it in two), popping Radiance and chucking solar grenades everywhere was quite fun and highly effective (perks and gear can extend your grenade duration, shorten it’s cooldown, and increase damage from other sources by affected enemies).

Stormcaller’s Stormtrance is really good for mobs, can be quite cheesy in PvP, and is still effective against bosses.

And neither of them is as likely to whiff they way Nova Bomb does. No real solution to the jump though (I like glide, but I didn’t really play the other two classes), I think blink is awful.

• fish99 says:

You would be spot-on, I barely played the other Warlock subclasses. I didn’t even know one had a rez.

I’ll have a good look at the trees next time I log-in, but I don’t know if I want to invest the sort of time to fully unlock them. I bought the game mainly just to prepare for D2, so my goal was just to do all the story and strikes and then stop.

28. TheAngriestHobo says:

Pip’s mention of butterflies reminds me that I’ve been seeing a bunch of Monarch butterflies lately. It’s good to see, considering that there’s been a massive population drop in recent years.

I will be continuing to personally slight all PC gamers by playing on my Nintendo Switch. Zelda, Splatoon, and Mario Kart are on the menu this weekend. I’m still eyeing Divinity 2 as well, but I need to strong-arm a few friends into buying it with me so that we can play co-op.

jssebastian says:

Was wondering just the other day: where did Monarchs hang out before humans were nice enough to bring Eucalyptus trees over from Australia?

29. Ben King says:

Heat Signature for me as well. I’ve enjoyed watching Tom’s dev vlogs so I sprung for the supporters edition to listen to more clever game lectures. Lost yesterday evening to it resulting in a huge pile of dinner dishes in the kitchen sink waiting for me this morning when I really just want to be making myself French toast. In spite of all the creative possibilities 75% of my guard kills are still just ambushing them at corner with a wrench. Hopefully I’ll get some Destiny 2 in with family to the north, and seeing that FF9 was rereleased on PS4 has me hoping I can talk my GF into playing that one with me. I keep hearing good things about it. Lastly I played through Tacoma this past week. The story was not as strong as I hoped after Gone Home but the presentation of the AR ghosts was great and Sareh was a pretty awesome character. Nothing crystallized just how heartbreakingly isolated they were from home like seeing the doctor’s rug oriented towards earth spinning outside of her quarters window. Also trying my hand at making Acorn flour with the changing season. It’s a thing.

30. Synesthesia says:

A lot of heat signature, it seems. Tom Francis was such a surprise auteur. And if I don’t get cold feet, I’ll continue my iron man xcom2 campaign. Just killed the hunter, and the berserker queen. I’m too scared to go on!

31. BaronKreight says:

League of Legends. Surprised there’s not a word about Worlds on RPS.

32. geldonyetich says:

I keep restarting in Divinity: Original Sin 2, such is my thinking that I rolled up my characters wrong. But it may be impossible to roll them up completely right. Summoners seem like the min/maxer choice, I reckon.

I got into Factorio again. Beat the campaign, but it’s basically just an introduction to the real game, the freeplay mode. Never did completely beat the freeplay mode. If that’s my goal, it’ll probably be about another 40 hours until I do.

I’m going for the “Lazy Bastard” achievement, which requires I make my assembly plants do the work of building things, I build as little by hand as possible. This achievement might actually accelerate my reaching the rocket quite a bit, as this is the smart way to build.

I started next to a squarish lake. This not being my first Factorio excursion, I’ve already split up my factory into ore-receiving and power generation on the west side of the lake, smelting on the north side of the lake, item assembly on the east side of the lake, and finally everything that’s left can go into research at the end of the line on the south side of the lake. It’s a good plan in that it allows unlimited expansion on all sides of the lake, and putting research last is also the right way to go about it.

33. Darloth says:

Heat Signature.

All of the Heat Signature.

34. harvb says:

Nothing. My PC ‘sploded this morning. Bugger.

• fish99 says:

A moments silence please for harvb’s PC.

Hopefully it’s just the PSU.

• Morat Gurgeh says:

Ahh! I feel for you mate. I had XCOM2 downloaded, launch day, all hyped up to play…. hard drive went tits up.

• harvb says:

Cheers peeps – it’s in t’shop more because the case is the worlds worst case to work on than me being incapable of testing/changing a PSU.

Mahaku says:

“Grief over Pip’s departure” I suppose… RPS & podcast will still be great, but never quite the same again!

In actual fun games it’ll be Plunkbat for Plunkfame, or Quake Champions for the shorter gaps between family busywork.

36. Captain Narol says:

I just got addicted to Stash :

link to store.steampowered.com

It’s a Free-To-Play MMO with Turn-based grid combat, something that I’ve been looking after for quite some time now !

Apart from that : Magic Duels, Eternal, Smite Tactics and maybe a little Hearthstone if I have time left…

I might also give a try to Insidia, a new turn-based skirmish game with simultaneous play (ie WEGO system) where you control a team of 4 characters.

37. Viral Frog says:

Divinity: Original Sin 2. It takes everything that was great in the first game and makes it better. Then it takes everything that wasn’t great about the first game and either removes it or makes it amazing. I’m amazed by their voice actors, which is odd because usually I’ll just read the dialogue and not let the sound bits finish.

I’ll also sprinkle in some Plunkbat. Perhaps some Golf With Your Friends and Overwatch as well.

• Buuurr says:

Ditto. It’s a great game. Been going super slow and trying to do all the sides and hidden stuff. I just don’t want it to end.

jssebastian says:

I’m in the early phases of war of the chosen, so still figuring things out and having a lot of surprises…

Might also finally finish Blood and Wine if I get a few straight hours to wrap up the final series of quests: in the middle of vampire apocalypse already so there’s no turning back.

Ninja Dodo says:

Mass Effect Andromeda. Bouncing around a low-gravity asteroid in the Nomad is kind of awesome.

• Seyda Neen says:

That’s absolutely the best part of the whole game. Good stuff.

• Unsheep says:

To me the best part of Andromeda is the big open-world you have available to you, something that was desperately lacking in ME2 and 3, … especially ME2.

• Hoot says:

I wouldn’t call ME1 and ME:A “open-world” games. Not by a long shot. Rambling around mostly lifeless areas wasn’t my idea of fun and was certainly the weakest part of ME1.

The sequels actually got it right when they kept the planet hopping scope but kept the narrative tight with less dicking about and aimless vapid exploration. ME was always about the characters, the story and the simple but punchy combat system. A stark contrast to say, the Elder Scrolls games, where wandering is actually fun because the world is seamless and you know, you actually WILL find things that are interesting.

It’s not surprising that the exploration in the nomad is the best part of ME:A though, the game was a pure travesty with a UI designed by a man with eggs for eyes and hooks for hands who had clearly never played a PC game before.

Ninja Dodo says:

They really nailed the exploration. I think the characters of MEA don’t get enough credit though. There are some false notes (Addison) but there are a lot of great characters. I really like Drack (senior Krogan) and Vetra (the lady Turian), Jaal (the new alien) is pretty cool, the crew… even hyper/detached PeeBee (the asari) is growing on me. And the human squaddies (always inherently less interesting) are not bad either.

I think the problem with the game, aside from a few serious technical issues, is that it starts really rough, frontloading many of the least interesting characters and missions in the opening hours. One of the first faces you see is badly written, badly animated, flatly voiced Addison (General Hackett she is not). She is is mercifully a minor side-character you barely see again after the opening. Eos, the first real explorable planet, gives you the Nomad vehicle (which is a lot of fun to drive) though the missions are a bit grindy initially. It starts to get interesting when you meet the Angarans and get to Voeld (blizzard ice-land, home of the resistance) and picks up further when you get access to Kadara (the outlaw/exiles planet) and some of the loyalty missions. There’s a good Mass Effect in there… it’s just held back by lack of polish and occasional bugs.

Ninja Dodo says:

It’s not that the whole game lacks polish, it’s that the level of polish is inconsistent. It’s like if EA made Vampire Bloodlines, only Mass Effect. (except this game can’t be modded or community-patched)

40. Mouse_of_Dunwall says:

Now that I’ve finished Death of the Outsider, I’m playing through some of my backlog, starting with Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. The first Mirror’s Edge is one of my favorite games. Catalyst is OK so far. The running is still great, and better than the first game in some ways (the faster pipe-climbing particularly). The world design is good, but not quite as striking to me as the first game. The original game’s city and technology were more or less like the modern day, but with bright and colorful buildings. This one is decidedly more futuristic. Still, it’s pretty fun so far.

41. Talahar says:

What’s even the point, now that Pip is leaving us?
    Woe is us!
    Seriously though, a good friend of mine gifted me Heat Sig as a late birthday present, and I was so sure I wouldn’t be able to get it before the everything gun promo would expire. BUT! Game is got, and E-gun is already got too. That’ll be the game for me this weekend, in the hours I’m not spending at my pub, which will be many, since my best buddy is tending the bar this weekend.
    (Heat Sig will be the game for me this weekend, even though I’m right now downloading every game I have in my steam account with Shadowrun in its title….)

42. benkc says:

A little Heat Signature, a lot of Zelda.

So far I’m rubbish at Heat Signature when there’s anything more than a couple basic guards to deal with.

43. Seyda Neen says:

I’m playing more and more of The Witcher 3, doing lots of quests and things I never did before. Third playthrough, and this time it convinced me to give the books a try. Picked up the official translation of the first one and enjoying it. Book Geralt seems noticeably less warm than Witcher 3 Geralt, so far. But that probably makes sense. I don’t think he’s even a dad, yet.

44. Unsheep says:

WRC 7. A fun game of rally racing in its purest form. It’s also a good simulation of what WRC is all about; an epic journey around the world on some of the roughest and toughest roads you can find. I only wish there was some kind of presentation of each country before you start racing, as in Milestone’s MotoGP and WRC games.

Some Yakuza 4 and Gran Turismo 6 on my PS3, still not finished with them. I keep getting distracted by side-missions or mini-tasks in Yaluza, and wanting to redo race events in GT6.

Space Colony HD and Sudden Strike 3, the GOG versions. Two excellent and relaxing games to play in the evening, while cathcing up with some podcasts and such.

45. second_hand_virgin says:

It’s hardly a game, but Torment: Tides of Numenera after 25+ hours pumped in looks like my favourite visual novel (not hard, b’cause i don’t play visual novels)

46. melnificent says:

Mainly the new Stellaris expansion. I must help the galaxy upgrade from the weak, weak organics.

With a side of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock

47. lglethal says:

Xcom 2 primarily, and a bit of The Division on the side for when I want to feel like a hollywood action movie hero.

But considering that it’s probably the last weekend of good weather for a while, will probably try and get into the local forest and breatzh in that crisp autumn air…

48. RaymondQSmuckles says:

Finished “Rise of the Tomb Raider” (as part of Humble Monthly) and going through the huge stack of un-played games in the collection. Started playing “Enslaved” and its good but controls feel clunky compared to Tomb Raider. Then switched over to “Transformers: War for Cybertron” and its also good, but still lacking something I haven’t put my finger on yet.

Finally went the opposite direction and checked out “Abzu” for the first time. I’m entranced!

49. welverin says:

Destiny 2, I should only have a few more new things to do before settling into just doing the periodic weekly things with others and having to decide what to move onto next.