Destiny 2 PC system requirements finalised

As Bungie wind up to launch Destiny 2 [official site] for PC on October 24th, they have finalised the system requirements. These are basically the same as the open beta version demanded, though now Bungie go into helpful extra detail on alternatives. Will you be able to play with your chums or is it your destiny to miss out? Destiny, yeah? Wordplay. Look, I’m told people like puns. No, I agree that puns are awful. Yes, I realise the irony of saying that while working for RPS. No, I don’t mean irony in an Alanis Morissette way. All I really want is for you to read the system requirements and be happy. God, no, that wasn’t meant to be an Alanis Morissette joke. You oughta know.

Destiny 2’s final PC system requirements are:

Minimum

CPU: Intel Core i3-3250 3.5 GHz or Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz / AMD FX-4350 4.2 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB or GTX 1050 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM: 6GB
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
Hard drive space: 68GB

Recommended

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.4 GHz or i5 7400 3.5 GHz / AMD Ryzen R5 1600X 3.6 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB or GTX 1060 6GB / AMD R9 390 8GB
RAM: 8GB
Operating system: Window 10 64-bit

Everyone’s on about Destiny 2 these days. That rabble gabbed about it on the podcast this week, young Matthew Cox wants to tell you what you need to know, and Alec will tell you it is also good for grumpy old men who want to play by themselves.

Don Reba says:

I have just one question. Who is Alanis Morissette?

• Spuzzell says:

She sang a song about irony that wasn’t actually about irony.

Which was either double irony and very very smart of her, or she didn’t understand what irony was.

“It’s like raaaaaaiiiin, on your wedding day!!!” = only ironic if you’re marrying a weatherman.

Don Reba says:

Haha. That would be ironic. Great explanation!

• mechavolt says:

You may be surprised to learn that there are multiple kinds of irony, and that song contains plenty of what is known as “situational irony”. Ironic that you’d misapply the definitions of irony, eh?

• Nick says:

Umm. No. It has no situational irony in it. Rain on your wedding day is not the opposite of what you would expect. Neither is good advice you didn’t take, 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.. um, well, I don’t think anyone expects that many spoons so maybe? Why are there that many spoons? Either way, stop trying to be snarky smart and failing. It’s terribly ironic that you claim its ironic that the person claiming it isn’t ironic is wrong and that is ironic only you in fact are wrong yourself.

Good song though.

• geldonyetich says:

Replying to a thread to refute sophomoric semantic quibbling when you believe yourself above such quibbling yourself is pretty ironic.

Especially when your old enough that your earliest memories of AM is her getting slimed on Nickolodeon.

Godwhacker says:

Oh God not this again

• fish99 says:

Except rain on your wedding day isn’t ironic, even if you’re marrying a weatherman since weddings are booked months in advance and weather prediction is barely accurate for 3 days.

Skabooga says:

I didn’t have have any of her music on CD, but I had a couple of her albums on Moricassette.

• Nick says:

Jagged Little Pill is one of the best albums of the 90s.

2. Darth Gangrel says:

It’s good that things haven’t moved too far from The Witcher 3’s requirements, which I made sure my not-so-new-anymore PC could run decently. Only bottleneck is the GPU, a Geforce GTX 680, otherwise I blow the rec. specs away.

Either way, I’m not sure Destiny is my kind of game, would sooner be playing Battlefront 2, but then I’d have to get Origin, which I don’t want to.

• Dominic Tarason says:

One of the great things about both Sony and Microsoft aggreeing that 4k gaming is the Next Big Thing is that for those of us still happy with 1080p resolution, a fairly cheap PC will run almost everything with maxed-out settings for the next few years to come.

The winning combo right now seems to be an i5-8400, a Geforce 1060 GTX and an SSD. All lower-mid-range hardware, all capable of doing gorgeous graphics.

Destiny 2 in particular will likely never drop a single frame below 60fps on that machine, even with every setting cranked to full.

The Almighty Moo says:

Are you calling me the kind of person who makes Alanis Morissette jokes?

4. mactier says:

They did not mention a mouse, because they are afraid what might happen when I upgrade the next few days from a (broken) standard Logitech to a Budget Gaming Mouse (even with a mousepad instead of the tabletop)! Right they are.

Comment on this story