You can pre-load Destiny 2 now, if you’re into that

"You MUST stop the Cabal, Guardian. It is.... your DESTINY 2."

“There is no greater love,” sang the late Amy Winehouse, “than what I feel for shooting hostile robots in their glowing stomachs.” If you also can’t get enough of sci-fi space shooting, then you’ll be happy to learn that Destiny 2 [official site] can be pre-loaded now. That’s a whole five days ahead of its release on October 24. On top of that, here’s the exact times you can start playing. Activision aren’t taking any chances, are they?

It’ll be releasing at the same time worldwide, say Bungie, who also give everyone this handy image of release times around the planet earth.

Time to die

They definitely want you to play their videogame at the correct and proper hour of the day, spaceman. For UK folk, that’s 1800 hours British Summer Time. For LA folk, it’s 1000 hours Pacific Daylight Time. If your own local time isn’t covered, you can check this link to timeanddate.com for an exact time.

You’ll be downloading the alien-murdering zap ‘em up via the app formerly yet forever known as Battle.net, which is where Blizzo games usually live, but where Destiny 2 is also planting its flag thanks to being part of the two-headed gaming goliath, Activision-Blizzard. It’s the only place you can currently download the PC version. Here are the PC system requirements.

We’ve already taken a look at it, considering its been on consoles for a month now. Despite being a MMO-ish romp, it can still be enjoyed as a single player game, says Alec. And if you know nothing about this former console exclusive, Matt has you covered with an explainer on the series’ origins. I think it is a pretty-looking and pretty-feeling quest for gloves with slightly-higher numbers, with unforgivably bad writing and a silent, purposeless vacuum where a heart should be. But Amy and I, in this respect, have always been at odds.

1. Maxheadroom says:

Picked it up on the PS4 and think im more or less done with it. I enjoyed my month with it but you quickly run out of stuff to do even playing causally like I did.

To use MMO terminology (which it really isn’t) its a ‘Theme Park’ with like 3 rides, and once you’ve been on those 3 rides hundreds of times and got to the power level cap theres no reason to log back in

• AutonomyLost says:

This sounds like roughly the equivalent amount of fun I’m anticipating having with the game, and that’s fine. I know what to expect, played the beta, and I’m all set to get my fix.

If it weren’t on PC, however, even though I own a PS4 Pro, there’d be no chance of me purchasing it.

Will be pre-loading, so thanks for the announcement.

2. mechavolt says:

Not only “can” you pre-load Destiny 2 through Battle.net, just opening Battle.net up starts the pre-load automatically (assuming you’ve already purchased it).

3. int says:

Yes indeed. Preloading things is my fetish.

4. AthanSpod says:

If anyone else, who like me bought a copy from somewhere like Green Man Gaming, needs to redeem their key and is banging their head against a wall trying to find out where to enter it, I eventually tried the correct thing.

Key is that the battle.net launcher did NOT have anywhere for me to redeem the key. Silly me thinking it would be an all-in-one thing. After rattling around various help sites I thought to check my battle.net account in a normal browser and there was a simple ‘redeem a key’ button/link.

5. Taerdin says:

I searched for this on the largest digital PC game distribution platform and didn’t find it…

That’s okay, there’s plenty of other stuff to play :)

• simontifik says:

Yes let’s all maintain Valve’s monopoly on PC game distribution, it’s working out wonderfully.

• MataDor says:

Same here, I hate it when I can’t add game to my Steam library. I truly hate having my games spread across all those game platforms, I’m too old for this s$!t. Due to this I rarely buy games without steam support since few good years. I can even pay more to have it on steam.

• fish99 says:

What exactly is so great about Steam that makes it worth missing a bunch of excellent games?

6. LieutLaww says:

I don’t see why we have to wait until 6pm to play a brand new game in the UK.

Comment on this story