What are we all playing this weekend?

Saturday night’s alright for fighting, I’m told, and to be honest I would be fascinated to see Elton John fighting. I bet he’s way scrappier than you might expect.

What are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re clicking on.

Adam: I’m going to be playing the Universe mode on WWE 2K18 and trying to figure out if it’s much of an upgrade on 2K17 and 2K16 and 2K15. Initial impressions suggest not!

More importantly, I’m hoping to finish The Evil Within 2 which is wonderful and grisly and splendid and horrible.

Alec: [Alec has been fired -ed.]
Alice: I’m on holiday next week, taking an exotic staycation to the living room to sleep for a week. I’m forcing myself to do nothing, just be quiet and hopefully calm. Though obviously I’m playing Isaac and probably Plunkbat too.
Brendan: I’m being reunited with my girlfriend and cat this week, who’ve been trapped in Canada. I have to introduce this cat to a giant, over-excited dog called “Odin”. If I manage to fit in a game between all this mayhem, it will be the chunky new Zachlike, Opus Magnum.
Graham: I feel like shooting things, so this weekend I’m going to return to Plunkbat. I’ve not touched it for a few months, which means there’s been all sorts of updates I haven’t seen yet. The one I most want to try is the new fog weather variant, which means I’m almost certainly doomed to never encounter it on any of the matches I play.
John: [Also fired! -ed.]
Philippa: This weekend I will be playing Fresh Hits ’96 with the top down and the sound up. I will also visit the Emerald City. If there’s time I could try to fit in a spot of sketching some Warhammer figurines.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

Lexx87 says:

I’m quite enjoying Pip still giving updates even as she sails away from the shores of RPS ^_^

This weekend i’m playing moving house which is all sorts of lovely fun ohlordkillmenow

2. His Dudeness says:

Bomber Crew, Freaky Awesome, maybe some Stellaris or L4D2 with friends. Want to try new update in TF2, but not in solo.

SoundDust says:

After months and months of nerve issues, my hands are well enough for some light gaming. The vertical mouse has helped a bit, so thanks to the folks who recommended it here.

So I’m back to my XCOM 2 campaign. Working through the final mission now, and it’s a bloodbath. I keep getting my star sharpshooter, “Deadbolt” Leroy, killed in the most inconvenient places – it’s going to be a while until WOTC can start.

4. dangermouse76 says:

After 600 hours of playing Oblivion and never touching the main quest I have finally completed that task now it is time to take on the ultimate Bethesda Elder Scrolls game Morrowind. Any hints and tips on quality of life mods?

Or tips in general?

Should I stick with the default combat mechanics?

• His Dudeness says:

Use overhauls, vanilla Morrowind made of pain, suffering and ton of bugs. Also, general tip – do not made character with athletic and acrobatic. They are just boost your level too fast, so you after few in-game days will interact with autoleveled monsters without actual fighting skills. And this is just terrible.

• dangermouse76 says:

Cheers is “overhaul” a specific mod? Thanks for the tip.

particlese says:

Similar goes for the alchemy skill. It’s great fun to have all three of those skills maxed out – running like the wind, leaping tall buildings in a single bound, and making/drinking hundreds of levitation potions at a time – but it does break the game just a little. :)

I haven’t played it for more than a decade, though, and I wasn’t so into leisurely exploration at the time, so I’m of little use for modern modding advice…

• Velthaertirden says:

I did not use any mods back then. The way I enjoyed it the most was to make a Dunmer mage character and plan all the statistics level ups so that each time I would get the maximum number of attribute increases. I did this with pen and paper, but I bet that you can get a character planning app these days.

Then I joined a couple of guilds and started training the select (according to the plan) skills with guild trainers, doing quests from time to time, pilfering stuff and re-selling it to pay for the training. Oh, and doing some basic self-training like making an inexpensive spell and casting it over and over. When I got to a satisfactory point, I obtained the boots of blinding speed (they blind you, but increase your speed :) but with some magic resistance enchants you can decrease the severity of blindness), enchanted pants to permanent levitation and set off to conquer the world. Main quest, reaching the top of all the possible guilds (quite a few of them), building your own estate with one of the major houses, contracting and curing the vampirism, daedra quests and just the general exploration of the wilderness. Oh, and of course there are the add-ons and several of official plugins to enjoy.

• dangermouse76 says:

Thanks. It sounds like you had a great time. Magic seems to be a good route to go down.

• Velthaertirden says:

Yes, I did :)
          Probably the best gaming experience in my life. No other game was able to repeat it (maybe WC3 and early WoW did). I wanted to play it ever since reading an article about it in a magazine and getting it was a journey on its own.
          However, they say that the best TES game is often the one people play first, so for many it would be different.

Magic lost a lot of freedom as TES games progressed (levitation especially), so there is that. On the other hand, Bethesda has improved the combat gameplay, though I have never had an issue with the concept of hits missing based on rolls rather than on my reflexes. Training my character in the combat skills before heading out on adventures helped, of course.

• malkav11 says:

I would use one of the graphics overhauls (either MGSO or one of the do it yourself guides) and not worry too much about modding the gameplay, aside from maybe something to make running not consume stamina or up walking speed (because the default walking speed is very, very slow). It’s never going to have Skyrim-style combat and a lot of the gameplay tweak mods are made by masochists who want the experience to be an appalling slog while closing all the broken tricks that are part of the classic Morrowind experience. But it’s up to you.

Personally, I never once felt like it needed mods when I was playing it back in the day, unlike all of Bethesda’s games since.

• Seyda Neen says:

The most important Morrowind mod is the Code Patch. Fixes tons of engine bugs that aren’t otherwise fixable, including broken skills and mechanics. There’s also a lot of optional quality of life features, like being able to cast magic with a single button press instead of having to first ready your magic stance. And making pickpocketing an actual viable option.

• Sin Vega says:

I would find it impossible to play now without 300 mods, but the most useful advice I can offer is not to expect anything.

I don’t mean that in a negative sense. I simply mean that Morrowind and Obliv are very different games (and for the record, I think Obliv was a huge improvement in many ways), and the best way to go into Morrowind is with curiosity rather than demanding particular things.

It probably wouldn’t hurt to keep some paper/notepad nearby either. There is an in game journal, but it’s cumbersome and non-editable. Even if you stick close to vanilla, there’s bound to be SOMETHING you’ll want to mod a bit. I’m generally an un-fan of graphics mods but there’s one that improves the character models that really is a nice improvement without ruining the art design etc. And as people above have suggested, gaming the levelling system is sort of necessary because it’s simply a poorly thought out one. The more you level your main skills, the more dangerous everything gets, even if your main skills are carving, pointing, and Bulgarian fluting, so even if you don’t go full Game The System, it is wise to either pick several very practical, fight-heavy major skills, or mix in a few that you will never use so you can retard your own levelling and thus that of the world.

• dangermouse76 says:

Wow, leveling system sounds interesting cheers. Gonna maybe read a few guides on how to best approach that.

• malkav11 says:

Not everything. It’s not Oblivion, where the world scales purely based on your level. Large chunks of Morrowind don’t scale, period. The parts that do scale in bands, cap at various levels (and there’s a lower end to the scaling, too), and are mostly out in the open world. It’s wise to either pick a couple combat skills to level by or at least not grind up noncombat stuff if you go with that, but it doesn’t need to be managed to nearly the degree Oblivion does. And if you do manage to get lopsided, they don’t cap training like the later games so you can grab whatever you’re short on as long as you have some cash (which is only even a little hard to come by due to limited purses on the merchants), or you can abuse alchemy or enchantment or…

• Chaoslord AJ says:

Pick up the official Addons. Tribunal adds +skill-spells which are broken and lore and Bloodmoon revises the journal so you can actually use it to look things up.

• malkav11 says:

I don’t think it’s even possible to buy the game without the expansions unless you go out of your way to buy a used CD, at this point.

5. Vandelay says:

I ended up double dipping on The Witcher 3 this week, having already owned it on the PS4. I managed to get up to around the middle of Skellige on there, so a fair old way into it, but the very long load times always made me reluctant to return.

So, the recent sale made me pick it up for PC. I’ve already played for about 4 hours and still strolling around White Orchard, effectively the tutorial area. I can see this sucking up many, many hours all over again. Plus it looks beautiful, even though it already looked pretty good on PS4.

Speaking of graphical finesse, I also picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider last weekend. From what I have played, this feels like it is a great expansion of what the reboot brought to the table, but looking back to the older games too. And we have swimming back! Might be a little bit limited compared to how it was done in the older games, but I always felt that the previous game’s exclusion of water was indication of its shunning of exploration and that proved to be somewhat true. It’s return here seems to also be joined with a return to exploring, which is great to see.

particlese says:

It’ll mainly be Lawbreakers for me. I’m curious to see how the new ranked mode plays and to see how class selection goes with its one player per class per team limit. I also plan to watch the end of the official tournament since it’s always a good learning opportunity and the action is fun to watch besides, since they’re all great players.

Last night was just objectives-based quick matches, though, where I had the usual good fun. At first. Coincidentally or not, starting when a dev joined in for a couple matches, the balance went right out to lunch for the rest of the night. With us all suffering the same apparently interminable fate, our lobby just played as best we could (or off-main for some, depending on the way the match went) and bashed the matchmaker and player count roundly. We even had a both-teams jumping party around someone’s deployable recharge thingy during warmup, such was the mood.

The matches were not great (not balanced), but the company was good and the chat civil, so when I quit for the night, I was bemused to see yet another article on this site relating to player toxicity. Lawbreakers has its share of leavers and other unreasonable people, but it’s been pretty pleasant on the whole. I’ll be interested to see how ranked mode compares on that front, since the stakes for egos are higher.

Also, maybe, finally, I’ll get back to playing Echo. I’m going to want to replay the intro if this keeps up…

• Unclepauly says:

I’ll be playing LB as well. Pc was dead for a week(mobo pooped when a controller was plugged into the usb). Finally back to gaming and it also gave me a chance to roll back to win7. Win10 was giving me so many headaches. Games run better now too.

particlese says:

Ah, man, that stinks! Been a long while since I last saw a motherboard fry. Glad you’re already back up and running, at any rate.

• AutonomyLost says:

Damn, I still have not downloaded LawBreakers. I remember asking you a question regarding the state of the game a handful of weeks ago, and afterwards being intent on trying it. Just hasn’t happened.

It still sounds like fun, and if the community isn’t insufferable that’s a notable advantage. Thanks for continuing to bring it up, as it always seems to escape me.

particlese says:

Yeah, happy I can keep the good word going for this long! They keep adjusting the balance, and it seems to be in a pretty good place right now, at least once one’s learned a some of the ropes. They’ve also added a new “linear” tutorial in this latest patch, which is essentially a guided, voiced version of the existing “sandbox” mode. It certainly seems better for newcomers, but I wish they’d give all the characters’ movement quirks a proper treatment.

Anyway, whenever you get it installed, have fun! I’ll probably keep going for a while…

7. LennyLeonardUK says:

I just started West Of Loathing which from my short play time looks excellent so far. So definitely more of that.

I also have a High Elves campaign going on Total Warhammer 2 so I hope to add a few turns to that over the next 48 hours.

And then I have the game of ‘Waiting for Mario Odyssey to arrive’ which is both exciting and excruciatingly painful in equal measure. Mario Galaxy is my favourite ever video game but I’m hopeful that this may usurp it.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekends.

8. Crimsoneer says:

I’m playing Shadow of War because I so desperately want to love it, but the difficulty is just so all over the place the whole game built around it falls apart. Even on hard, it just feels awfully easy with moments of guaranteed failure.

9. gabrielonuris says:

In this weekend, still following my nostalgia row, it will be Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis. Is it good?! Oh God, YES, it is sublime.

• Hoot says:

My Dad is in his seventies now but I remember as a kid we used to play all the old Lucasarts classics (well, they were new classics then!) on the PC him and his friend had put together from spare parts nabbed from his work and the odd computer faire here and there.

Indy was our favourite though, followed by The Dig and Day of the Tentacle.

• gabrielonuris says:

I was replaying The Dig not so long ago too! For me it’s the best sci-fi game to provide that real sense of “discovering an alien planet”. I just wish Mass Effect Andromeda could provide that feeling aswell…

Ninja Dodo says:

I never finished The Dig either (got stuck early). I think Andromeda succeeds at evoking that feeling some of the time, but not as much as it could have. The exploration side is good, but it oversimplifies the mystery and miscommunication with the whole ancient-but-immediately-usable-alien-tech and no language barrier… bit of a missed opportunity, that.

• Chaoslord AJ says:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 actually executed the exploring of a foreign planet well. The way Andromeda and No Man’s Sky should have been.

• and its man says:

My LucasArts/LucasFilm Games classics are dustier. They are Ballblazer, Rescue on Fractalus and The Eidolon.

Ninja Dodo says:

I need to go back and finish that game. Got stuck at the Greek (or was it Cretan?) dig as I recall and then never came back to it.

Skabooga says:

It is soooooo good! I played it for the first time only recently, and it felt like I had stumbled on a long-lost fourth Indiana Jones movie.

• Hoot says:

For me it WAS the 4th Indy movie. It’s been at least 15 years since I’ve played it. I might have to get on GOG and get it installed.

10. Kefren says:

I thought I was near the end of The Evil Within, but there are five chapters to go. A Shaky start, but it got better the longer I played, and as I learnt to ignore the silly bits (you can only carry five matches in a box unless you upgrade your body; some low walls can be climbed over, some can’t etc.)

11. Hoot says:

I’m gonna try and finish Divinity Original Sin 2. Probably one of the best isometric RPGs I’ve ever played, if not THE best. I say this as a massive Pillars and PST fan as well so the pedigree of the game should be clear.

If you’re on the fence about getting it, I heartily recommend it :)

After that there will be a void which hopefully I can fill with actual productive things that I need to do outside of gaming.

• Unclepauly says:

Blasphemer! PS:T strike this heathen down! I call on the isometric god who shall not be named to silence this message!

• Hoot says:

Haha! The plot and writing in PS:T is still the best, but D:OS2 is a far better “game”, if you know what I mean.

I’ll keep my eye out for a potential smiting just in case though :P

Iamblichos says:

Shadow of War-dor-dor… as soon as I can get a few minutes to spare. The game mechanics are excellent, but it’s about 25% more grindy than it needs to be. Not enough to drive me away, but enough to give me that sand-in-the-eye WoW feeling of “does this really need to take this bloody long?”

13. ScoutAbout says:

One of my favorite Hearthstone streamers took a break from HS and streamed Throne of Lies this week. It is one of those social deception games in the same vein of Mafia and Town of Salem. I was very quickly drawn into it and downloaded myself on Steam. It has close to 50 different classes with usually 2 or 3 abilities, day/night cycles and is really a lot of fun. I suspect I will have a hard time pulling myself away from it this weekend.

14. FelipeCC says:

Cuphead: going for 100% achievments. Oh god, why I do this to myself.
    Dota 2: with friends!
    Seeing sunlight once again!: there is a small chance that I’m doing something in the outside! Its been more than a month since last time

15. Konservenknilch says:

Lands of Lore 3. For whatever reason, I thought of the first two games recently and realized that I never played the third one. So I checked GOG, and bingo. I’m not terribly far into it, and of course it aged horribly, but it’s mildly entertaining so far. Amazingly bad writing though, i don’t remember that from the other games. Though I find it amusing that losing your soul is just a minor annoyance in this world, about which you can chat with just abaout anyone without batting an eye.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny is one of my early gaming memories, but never got that far, because reasons (and those spiders, had serious arachnophobia back then). It’s also the game with the most ridiculous title I’ve ever played and the one with the funniest acronym, LoL:GoD. I never played the first or third one.

16. GernauMorat says:

Bomber Crew!

17. buzzmong says:

I’m knee deep in the X-Piratez mod for OpenXCom.

It’s crude and bit unhinged, but it’s very, very xcom.

• Kefren says:

I enjoyed it, but didn’t complete it. And that’s from someone who completed TFTD twice without ever reloading when a mission failed!

• Sin Vega says:

Don’t feel too bad. It took over my life, I reviewed it, and play it heavily every 6 months or so, but I still haven’t completed it either. And only some of that is because it’s still in development.

Skabooga says:

Yeah, I admit I’m playing X-Piratez almost exclusively right now (thanks for the recommendation, occasional RPS’s Sin Vega!). Crude and unhinged, definitely, but also that X-Com feel of declaring this to be my last mission and then staying up for two more hours.

18. mgardner says:

I haven’t touched my 3DS for a while, but Etrian Odyssey V was just released this week and will consume much of my free time. On the PC side, Fields of Glory II.

19. Morat Gurgeh says:

Going to try the Dawn of War 3 free weekend. Then back to total Warhammer I suspect.

• Vacuity729 says:

I’m also trying the Dawn of War 3 weekend, as best as I can find time for at least.
      Although I own DoW2, I’ve never really played it; was a dab hand at DoW multiplayer though back in the day. I think it’s the only game I’ve played a large amount of competitive multiplayer in. I have no idea how many hundreds of hours of my life were spent in DoW multiplayer.

20. Unsheep says:

Evil Within (1) on my PS4, continuing my re-play before jumping into EW2. While I enjoy the gameplay the main attraction for me is the world-design, I think it’s fantastically done.

On PC it’s all about WRC 7, Ride 2 and MotoGP 17. Maybe some RaceRoom custom Championship-stuff and some MXGP3 as well … if I can find the time.

Tried some Gran Turismo Sport and was not impressed at all. It’s all about multiplayer it feels like, which is not what I’m interested in. The previous GT games were more or less single-player focused, which is what I want.

Thus I’m picking up Project Cars 2 instead of Forza 7 and GT Sport, as Forza stopped being good after Forza 3 and Gran Turismo heading in the wrong direction with ‘Sport’.

21. Spuzzell says:

WWE and the Evil Within 2.

What a parade of mediocrity :/

Someone check Adam is ok.

22. Ben King says:

I’m away from my PC house sitting so it’s mobile for me. Picked up Hundred Rabbits’ Arcade ecosystem pack. Hiversaires is a great little myst-style adventure set in a stark world pulled straight out of BLAME! that I have yet to completely decipher. The alien sex-em-up Ledoliel was a little too random for me to enjoy, but I still have Oquonie to try out. I already know I enjoy DONSOL from their itch, but it’s nice to have in my pocket as well. Also gonna do some planning for my next session of Curse of Strahd, but my players are far better at combat strategy and clever magic use than I am so it’s tricky for me to appropriately challenge them.

23. geldonyetich says:

In Elite: Dangerous, I’ve finished the grind to unlock my Anaconda at last. I’m now in the lofty retirement pastures of owning one of the big three. Those pastures look an awful lot like grinding reputation and weapon upgrade materials. I might be done with Elite: Dangerous for awhile.

Cogmind is out on Steam and wonderful. Go get it if you want to see what a real roguelike can do. A disclaimer: I post along with the author on the roguelikedev reddit so I might be inadvertently plugging a semi-acquaintance. But Cogmind really is quite good, as RPS has written of in the past.

Considering going back to finish Shadow of Mordor. So much bothersome orc shanking. It’s supposedly an open world sandbox that invented the nemesis system so I enjoyed in XCOM2:WotC, but I feel like it’s more of an orc vivisection simulator.

Traitorously, I have Mario + Rabbids here. I finished XCOM2:WotC at the highest difficulty I dare, but it seems I can still get my turn-based game fix. Ubisoft’s talent has been put to good work to create many talented vignettes of Nintendo branding. You haven’t lived until you’ve seen Rabbid Kong throwing a fit over being denied its bananas.

• ventricule says:

Cogmind is really amazing indeed. I can’t wait for the next tournament, the last one during the alpha was one of my best roguelike experiences ever.

• floogles says:

Damn, Cogmind is out?!!! Thank you, I’ve been waiting for this for ages. Funny, I was subscribed to email updates.

24. malkav11 says:

Since it’s a Dawn of War III free weekend I’ll be checking that out with an eye towards perhaps picking it up at $20 if I like what I see. (The tutorial’s a bit awkward but we’ll see.)

Also the usual cavalcade of MMOs and Hex. And I’ve been poking at Nightmares of the Deep: The Cursed Heart, one of those Artifex Mundi hidden object adventures. I’m surprised by how much I’m enjoying it. It’s certainly casual, but the production values (terribly compressed cutscenes aside) are solid and there’s that traditional adventure game satisfaction of pulling objects out of the scenery and then matching them to puzzles, interspersed with innocuous minigames. I don’t quite understand why you can switch back and forth between hidden object scenes and mahjong, of all things, but I guess it’s nice to have the option.

I’d also like to at least dip into some critical darling or other that I haven’t touched yet, if only to have a frame of reference for awards season coming up. But I’ve no idea if I’ll get around to it.

25. Darth Gangrel says:

Just installed the DLC Blackguards: Untold Legends. I got it through a trade, which I’m very pleased with, since I’m really reluctant to buy DLC.

Alice, if you want to see Elton John fight, then go see Kingsman: The Golden Circle. It’s a great movie, as good as the first one and way better than many other recent movies.

26. parsley says:

Breath of the Wild. I’m so used to short indies that I have no idea how long I’ve been playing this. 3 weeks now? I know that’s not a TON, and objectively, I know it’s value for money. But yikes, I’m less than halfway through.

I may also play a board game, if anyone shows up. That would be nice.

syllopsium says:

If you want to see Elton John fighting, go see Kingsman : Golden Circle. It’s flawed, but the Elton John bits make up for it.

This weekend I will mostly be playing Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem (GBA), Prince of Persia SNES (so good), and No Man’s Sky if I get the second hand 780Ti installed in my main system.

• Vandelay says:

Really? I found the Elton John bits to be some of the more cringe-worthy moments of the whole thing (excluding THAT scene, of course.)

Very disappointing after the wonderful original. The best moment was when it repeated a sequence from the first and reminded you just how good everything about the first was. Even the direction of that moment, which repeated many of the shots from the original, showed it came from a superior film.

syllopsium says:

Well, it was mostly THAT scene I was referring to, but yes much weaker than the original.

Also no stand out scene, although I liked what they did with the doughnut.

28. mcdreamer says:

Street Fighter V, SNES mini games and will hopefully start Breath of the Wild!

FeloniousMonk says:

I made a cointoss between Evil Within 2 and Shadows of War, went with Shadows of War and have spent the time since wondering if I picked wrong. The reviews on Shadows of War are spot-on – the game is just a mess of contradictions, and when they say that the main storyline is stupid and not very fun, it really is STUPID AND NOT VERY FUN. The Nemesis system and combat are absolutely fabulous and the siege/territory management systems really do make it better, but the degree of sadism on display (both in terms of the gleeful ultra-slowmo vivisection of your orc enemies and the dodgy “slavery as game mechanism” mechanics) just get more depressing as the game starts to repeat itself, which it does… relentlessly.

I think I’ll be able to squeeze about 10 hours of solid enjoyment out of my $60, which isn’t a particularly good investment when I still have Original Sin 2 sitting next to it on my to-do list.

tl;dr version – I should’ve waited for the Steam sale for this one.

30. floogles says:

Final part of diablo 2 – the cow level.

And Localhost which was covered here. Wow, cyberpunk awesomeness. Not for everyone, similar to the Analogue games if you like that kind of thing.

Cleared Neon Chrome for the first time, excellent game, not sure I’ll keep going though (it appears to have infinite NG+).

The Almighty Moo says:

IKEA visit. It’s like Helldivers, but with more long term ramifications.

32. Zenicetus says:

Divinity OS 2 in co-op with my S.O., and we’re STILL not off the beginning island yet, because she insists on finding and opening every damn barrel, and pickpocketing every damn NPC. We’re close to the boat though.

On my own time, maybe start a new Endless Space 2 campaign, which should last until the new Wolfenstein game is out.

33. Gothnak says:

Playing the Boardgame Gloomhaven which turned up this morning :).

34. Chaoslord AJ says:

As I’m a Piranha Bytes fan I’m indulging in “Elex” which is their usual formula of floating movement and combat, beefy jerks in three factions and getting one-shot all the time only futuristic and with a jetpack.
    I’m in the first camp stealing their brooms and mugs like I did back in “Gothic”, lol.
    Also “Office Space” and “Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms”, damn idles…

35. fish99 says:

Destiny, actually I’ve just finished it. Well, you don’t finish an MMO, or even an MMO-lite, but I’ve done all the story missions (AFAIK), every strike at least once (again AFAIK) and the Prison of Elders, and my Hunter is at LL 385. I don’t fancy doing the raids if voice and external websites are required, so I’m happy with my 2 months with the game and I’m content to hang up my cloak.

Roll on the sequel on tuesday… although I should probably play something else before jumping in (like Dishonoured DotO or Prey). Destiny was awesome though.

36. Seyda Neen says:

It’s LiS: Before the Storm for me this weekend. Bring on the tears! Also maybe a bit of Witcher 3: Blood and Wine, which has the only open world map that’s ever compelled me to seek out all the icons. The location is just so damn pretty that running around in it is a joy.

37. lglethal says:

Xcom 2 ironman playthrough and Total Warhammer 2 High Elves playthrough are comsuning my time at the moment. Oh and doing crazy amounts of cleaning to get the previously spare room in our flat (i.e. the dumping ground) ready to become our babyroom.
    Also I’m trying to decide whether to spend the €20 to get Witcher 3 at the moment or not. I know (from listening to all my friends) that once the baby comes, I will not have much time left for gaming. Will I have the time to get through a 40+ hour RPG or will it be a wasted purchase… decisions, decisions…

38. JimFalkayn says:

Just finished Dragon Age Awakenings and I started Dragon Age 2. And I’m really enjoying DA2 despite the reviews. Had to add a mod for Anders appearance though. He just looked so washed out I had to spruce him up. First time I’m playing a Rogue and I’m enjoying that too. I always hated having to depend on someone else to open crates, disarm traps, etc. I like the simpler combat and not having to worry about upgrading my squad mates armor. And I like that it is story heavy and lighter on the combat.

• malkav11 says:

Lighter on the combat? That is not how I would describe that game at all. Although to be fair I hated the combat in it so it may have occupied a larger role in my memories than actuality (especially those magically appearing two waves of reinforcements that were apparently mandated for Every Single Fight.)

• JimFalkayn says:

I’m in the Dark Roads now so maybe I was premature in thinking there is less combat. It does seem though that there is a lot more room for conversational exploration than the previous game.

39. poomanchu says:

I’ll be playing Bomber Crew. So far it’s a pretty fun game and can be relaxing if you just keep playing the infinitely reoccurring first three missions. Those first few missions are also a good way to grind money/xp to upgrade your aircraft before hitting the main campaign missions.

Comment on this story