Humble’s Day of the Devs 2017 is live now with some point & click classics

Humble Day of the Devs 2017

Day of the Devs, for those not in the know, is an event in San Francisco that lets fans meet and talk shop with a bunch of game developers in what usually becomes one big celebration of various nerdoms. This year’s event is taking place on Saturday, 11th November and Humble is celebrating the occasion with a big ol’ Day of the Devs 2017 themed bundle which offers up to $131 worth of games for $9.

In this bundle, you’ll find a handful of point and click classics in their remastered forms, along with some absolute gems of newer indie titles. If you happen to spend $9 (around £6.83) or more, you’ll even get a VIP ticket to the Day of the Devs event itself, if you can make it there. As an added bonus, Humble Monthly subscribers will also get $2 thrown into their Humble wallet to spend at a later date.

Here’s the full range of what’s available:

Pay what you want
TumbleSeed
Grim Fandango Remastered
Loot Rascals

Pay more than the average
ABZU
Flinthook
Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Pay $9 (£6.83) or more
Full Throttle Remastered
Everything
Day of the Devs VIP Ticket
$2 Humble Wallet credit (Humble Monthly subscribers only)

Arguably the most exciting thing of all, at least in my view, is the fact that you can pay any amount you want and get a digital copy of the entire Grim Fandango Remastered soundtrack. Absolute banger, that one is.

1. Carra says:

Full Throttle is really good but Grim Fandango Remastered is amazing. Missed it when it came out but man, it’s one heck of a game. Highly recommended, especially if it’s free.

2. mukuste says:

Funny that the worst of these three LucasArts adventures is in the highest tier.

;-)

3. comic knight says:

Its in the highest tier because its the newest and least likly to be owned by as many people. But its still a fantastic game even if the other to are fantastic-er. The worst thing about it is it is a short game. But everything else about it is top notch.

4. cheesysmell says:

That’s funny about the $2 voucher. I put my Monthly subscription on hold for the first time, and I wonder if this voucher is a response to others doing the same.

I’m sad I never managed to play GF. I got it on CDs when it was new, and I also tried the remastered version the first time that was in a bundle, but I could never get past the first puzzle—something with a tedious climb onto a rooftop and getting some eggs from a nest or something? And it had to be done in the exactly correct order? Ugh.

Drakesden says:

I really enjoyed the original when it came out, and I’m playing through Grim Fandango Remastered with my girlfriend now, and I had completely forgotten how hard and arbitrary those puzzles can be. Even with the new interface, there’s a lot of pixel hunting, and the puzzle logic often barely holds together.

It no longer has that 3D wow factor, but the ambiance and the characters are still great. Just use a walkthrough whenever you get stuck, and otherwise treat it like an interactive movie. All that fun dialog! The slam poetry! Mmmm …

5. Darth Gangrel says:

It’s a great bundle, but I’d rather get these games on GOG to relive the whole oldschool “don’t need no other program to run this game”-feeling.

I’m also trying not to add more games to my “don’t want to play, don’t want to just give away, when I might be able to trade them for something good”-list.

Comment on this story