What are we all playing this weekend?

While games are still releasing and bursting all over, we’re starting to think and argue about games for this year’s Bestest Best Games advent calendar. Digging up that link has made me re-read last year’s bestest bests and damn, yeah, I’d forgotten about Devil Daggers being the very bestest but I’m still entirely on board with it. I’m bad with these whole ‘time’ and ‘memory’ things so I’m excited to be reminded what came out this year. As if I wasn’t just playing Plunkbat and Isaac anyway.

What are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re clicking on.

Adam: I’m planning to spend some time with the wildlife of Assassin’s Creed Origins. Still holding out hope that I can ride a hippo.
Alec: American Truck Simulator, of course. There is only American Truck Simulator. Also it’s a lot of effort to unpack the USB steering wheel from the loft and set it up, so I’m damned well going to make the best of it while it’s out.
Alice: As we start putting the RPS Advent Calendar together, I should play some of the games other folks are arguing for. I can’t tell you what they are. But I will say: woe betide anyone who doesn’t play The Norwood Suite, the surreal hotel game from the fella behind Off-Peak. It even has a demo now, for goodness’ sake. I’ve also grabbed my free copy of SC2: Heart of the Swarm so I’ll be summoning alien meatmonsters.
Brendan: If I’m not Opus Magnum-ing, I might give the samurai soulsness of Nioh a spin. I also had a fly-about in Elite Dangerous last night, for old times sake, and have since constructed a playlist of “Space Trucking” music. It would be a shame to let that go unplayed.
Graham: I started Call of Duty: WW2’s singleplayer campaign last week. My verdict: it’s a Call of Duty game, for better and worse. I quite like most CoD campaigns and this seems as pleasant a head-popping manshoot as they ever are. I am finding myself already quite bored though: at least the futuristic games had surprises among their spectacle. Here I feel like I know what each mission will be before I get to it. So this weekend I will play… The Norwood Suite? Yes, that.
John: On Saturday I am playing no games, because I am doing a parachute jump! Cripes! On Sunday I hope to be recovering in a dark room with my Switch.
Katharine: Once again, gaming time will be at a premium this weekend, as I’m spending most of Saturday trying on wedding dresses. Reader, I’m getting married in March, but apparently I’ve already left it far too late, according to one horrified shop owner, so I guess I better get on with it. At least I might be able to cram in a few more Super Mario Odyssey moons while I wait, and if I’m really lucky, I might finally finish that second episode of Life is Strange: Before the Storm when it’s all over. Because nothing says wedding stress like an angsty teen drama.
Matt: While I’ve been enjoying the game, my Ass Creed stamina will probably run out this weekend – there’s only so many times I can repeat the same type of missions. I’m hoping to get my old Dota crew back together, seen as we haven’t had a proper go with the Duelling Fates update yet. I might be able to lure a couple of them into playing Battlerite with me, too.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing?

1. Morte66 says:

I think I’ll start Divinity: Original Sin 2 now that it’s had a few patches.

• Dynamique says:

Nah, I’ll wait for the Enhanced Edition.

• Zenicetus says:

I’ve been playing it in 2-player co-op, maybe a third of the way through the game now. The game feels solid. We haven’t hit any quest-stopping bugs, or else they’re in minor quests we didn’t find, or follow all the way through. The devs are continuing to patch the small stuff. Play it, it’s great!

• Blad the impaler says:

I played split screen with a friend last night. It was a good experience. With slave collars around our neck and magisters everywhere, he thought it wise to steal the leg of a murder victim. We restarted. I am upset with him for wondering aloud why it was such a big deal.

2. Scurra says:

So this year’s RPS GotY is a tie between Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, right?

• Carra says:

If only it weren’t a PC gaming site.

My bet is on Divinity: Original Sin 2. Or maybe that’s wishful thinking.

• SaintAn says:

Breath of the Wild is emulated on PC. And deserves to win every category anyways, even the categories it’s not a part of.

• Unclepauly says:

SaintAn I like the cut of your jib.

(what is a “cut of a jib”?)

• poliovaccine says:

It’s a sailing term. A jib is a certain sail on a boat and their various different styles, or “cuts,” would indicate nationality. So if someone liked the cut of your jib it meant they were friendly to your people.

• SaintAn says:

Odyssey, while great, is not anywhere near being as good as BotW. BotW is just one of those games that change gaming for the better, like OoT was.

3. Chaoslord AJ says:

American Truck Simulator’s New Mexico will be competing against AC’s Egypt.
    That and Rolemaster “offline multiplayer”.

Thulsa Hex says:

Breath of the Wild! Finally taking the plunge. The paraglider is in hand, you see, so I’m jumping off the Great Plateau the next chance I get. Genuinely excited.

I’ll also be joining a friend or a little Rainbow Six: Siege. Mostly dying, probably, but we’ll see.

• welverin says:

Make sure to get lost at the first opportunity, that’s where the fun is!

I shall be playing AssCreed Origins, mixed with a bit of Destiny 2 and Street Fighter 5.

• PiiSmith says:

RS6: Siege will be a lot of dying. It is really quite unforgiving and also it is rather hard to grasp how someone can kill you.
      So you are in for a treat.

5. mashkeyboardgetusername says:

I expected to be going back to Rome 2 since they patched it, but played it one evening this week and remembered why I gave up on it. The game just doesn’t have that “just one more turn” impulse, for some reason.

So, probably either Warhams 2, or Mass Effect, which I’m trying to get into for the third time.

• brucethemoose says:

If you can’t get into ME1, play through Mass Effect Genesis, and/or watch YT vids. Then give Mass Effect 2 a shot.

ME1’s gameplay is definitely a weak point, as are the side missions, if that’s what’s making you bounce off. ME2 vastly improves both, while 3 and Andromeda have some of my favorite gunplay anywhere. And once you finish those, you’ll be eager to play 1.

• mashkeyboardgetusername says:

I’ve found turning the difficulty down so I can just blast through the combat bits helpful. Means I can get back to the delicious talky stuff sooner.

Ninja Dodo says:

To enjoy ME1 more: It helps if you make active manual use of squad abilities and positioning instead of letting AI take care of it. Possibly skip most side missions as they are 90% copy-pasted filler with flavour text. I’d say do the one with the Biotic hostage situation, missions suggested by squadmates, DLC Bring Down the Sky and otherwise focus on story missions.

Also I found New Game Plus more enjoyable as you get to skip all the inventory micro-management because you already have everything and leveled up most skills. You could use someone else’s savegame for this purpose (though I guess you’d be stuck with their Shepard too).

Oh and if you bounced off ME with BroShepard, try it with FemShep.

• Unclepauly says:

I bounced extremely hard off broshep. Not for the reason of most I bet. Default broshep looks like my girlfriends kids dad. He’s the essence of white trash boiled down and distilled. He lives in Florida, shoots up drugs, owes 90,000 in child support, and has done 7 years in prison for shooting people and stealing boats/cars/what isn’t nailed down. Yeah, broshep can go to hell.

• malkav11 says:

ME2’s gameplay is the worst in the entire series. If the characters weren’t so much fun I’d not even recommend playing it, much less have slogged through it a second time myself.

• SaintAn says:

Mass Effect 2 is complete garbage though. So if he doesn’t like the masterpiece Mass Effect 1 then he shouldn’t even bother. ME2 and the others are lowest common denominator trash and are a tragedy to have as sequels to a game that had such a bright future.

• brucethemoose says:

That is a highly contested opinion.

Though to be honest I didn’t love 2’s gunplay, it was just OK.

Ninja Dodo says:

First time around I was mostly there for the characters but I really enjoyed the combat in ME2 on my second playthrough on Insanity difficulty. ME3 has better combat but ME2 is not bad.

• SaintAn says:

I recommend using the cheats for the 1 shot gun in Mass Effect 1 if you can’t handle the combat. I’ve played the game over 20 times since it has come out, and the last 4 times I’ve become numb to the combat and wanted to get a fresh Paragon save to try one again to play through the horrible, brain dead, poorly written, bland, hallway shooter sequels, but I never can stand replaying the sequels because of how bad they are. Actually just did another playthrough of ME a few weeks ago and am attempting to get through ME2 again, but it’s just so so bad.

6. brucethemoose says:

StarMade dev build with the new power system. I want me some spaceship building, but Empyrion isn’t quite to my taste and Space Engineers is too… simple.

I’m sure there are better ones out there, but there are just so many to sift through.

Also, as a pledge to curb my Steam sale addiction, I’m committing to 1 backlog attempt a week. This week is Block’hood.

• dangermouse76 says:

I’m going through my 270 game steam collection alphabetically. Doing the untouched games.

Currently on company of heroes at the tutorial. Which is fun in its self.

7. His Dudeness says:

Hand of Fate 2, Left 4 Dead 2 with friends and may be some trial WoW.

8. EgoMaster says:

I have finished Demonicon. It wasn’t long to begin with. While better than I expected, it was the worst Dark Eye experience so far. My main gripe with it was the “auto lock-on” thingamabop. You lock on an enemy and beat it to a pulp, but before the finishing blow it locks on to another one for some reason, and that enemy with 1HP keeps hitting you in the back. I died quiet a few times because of this. Also an RPG with autosave as the only saving option? No, just no! Still, it had its moments. The swamp level was atmospheric. Story was decent, but it could be better written. Over all, it was much more darker in tone than every other Dark Eye game I’ve played so far, with Demon worshipers and all.

Demonicon is history, but I’m not finished with demons yet. I have headed of the WWI (anybody want anything?) to deal with hellspawn in NevroVisioN. I have played and finished it when it came out, but didn’t play Lost Company. Now I want that finished too, and since I had fond memories of the first game, I decided to play through it again. Sadly, it isn’t as good as I remember. It seems like devs couldn’t decide between a horde shooter or survival horror. I slash through hordes of enemies but there’s rarely enough ammo. At least that was the case in the first two levels. Movement is also somewhat clunkier than I remember.

My Mars liberation efforts in Red Faction: Guerilla continues, as are my deliveries in ETS2.

9. wcq says:

I’ve been playing a bunch of older games since last month, and enjoying every one of them. First played both Legend of Grimrock games (the second one was particularly excellent) and then the Sega Saturn cult classic Panzer Dragoon Saga (pretty dang impressive for its time). Currently I’m into Vandal Hearts, the PS1 TRPG.

Man, video games are just good, aren’t they?

10. JB says:

I’ll be playing Brigador (I must regain my 100% level/loadout status) and maybe some more Spintires:Mudrunner with chums. Good times.

11. Vacuity729 says:

In my Total Warhammer campaign (game 1), Chaos has just rolled up on the doorstep of the Empire, and I’m woefully underprepared for them. Hellcannons are… hell!
    Sigmar’s breath! Those things are overpowered! How am I supposed to take them out before they’ve broken my battle line? And my battle line *needs* to be intact when the melee troops connect; those Chaos Warriors aren’t swinging inflatable squeaky hammers!

• larpsidekick says:

Light cav is your friend here – pistolliers vanguard deployed to go round the chaos flank and shoot the hell outta them cannons. Needs a bit of micromanagement but without flyers it’s the bat Empire can do

• Haplo says:

Hellcannons are brutal. They’re Chaos’s only real ranged option besides the cavalry, but they hurt a lot. Using great cannons to ‘cannon-duel’ the Hellcannons is one option but that’s still a lot of time for them to blow chunks in your line. You can try using a unit of flagellants to draw their fire whilst you intercept them with cavalry.

Other good options:
      * Celestial Wizards on Pegasi can be good with lightning bolts, but Celestial Wizards w/pegasi do not grow on trees.
      * Thin out your unit lines to 3 lines or 2 lines deep- the deeper your formation, the more missiles tend to hit.
      * Hellcannons have rubbish accuracy, and they tend to ‘lock’ onto the first thing they can see. If you have a Lord on a horse or griffon, you can charge them at the enemy line then have them juke around, drawing their fire.

Unfortunately, the Empire struggles a little with countering Hellcannons (although not as bad as the poor Dwarfs). Cavalry and flying wizards are your best bet.

• Vacuity729 says:

Hmm…

I shall certainly try the thinner lines tactic, and I’ll have a go at using cavalry as an anti- Hellcannon strike force.
      I don’t think I have anything like enough celestial wizards on pegasi for that to be anything like a general plan.
      I never really found a place for light cavalry in my armies; most everything I’ve been fighting thus far (undead, Norsca, Beastmen, other Empire factions) mostly revolved around melee troops, and mostly infantry/monsters at that. The undead in particular had quite a lot of monsters and heavy cavalry, but none of that necessitated light cavalry. I recently ended up scrapping with a wood elf faction, which caused my melee infantry-heavy armies some trouble, but pistoliers in particular seemed very underpowered.

I have heavy cavalry in all my armies, so I shall see how that works out against the hellcannons, and work from there.

The Almighty Moo says:

Enjoy the jump John. Ive never been more terrified and subsequently exhilarated, so good luck. Are you parachuting or skydiving?

The Almighty Moo says:

Oh, right, yeah. This weekend I’m going to be on a plane as well (though hopefully one I won’t have to jump out of) so will be playing Advance Wars 2 on by GBA SP, as I don’t have a Switch yet.

The Almighty Moo says:

Blasted supporter expired again… I had wondered why there had been so few articles of late

particlese says:

Lawbreakers is in the midst of another free weekend, so I’ll be playing that with a greater variety of folks. Probably also trying to finally finish Xenoblade (Wii, but on a PC) again. New things? Maybe work on learning (playing!) the first movement of Beefoven’s moonlight sonata. It’s another of those things I’ve been meaning to get around to for ages, and I’m really feeling it this weekend.

As much as I love playing Lawbreakers, I think my choice for bestest best this year would be Dead Cells, if we allow games still in early access. I’ve played it enough now that it’s my go-to comfy-yet-exciting game, as Devil Daggers was before it.

• Chaoslord AJ says:

Funny thing, I was playing Xenoblade a long time before giving up, read the plot then and found I was just at the half-point. GUess it’s really really long.

particlese says:

It is. I’m nearly 113 hours in, and though I’ve been enjoying the sights, I haven’t been diligently chasing sidequests at all. However, in my case, it’s had a few particular JRPG plot moments that make me think it’s actually drawing to a close soon…

14. wombat191 says:

Slowly building a museum out of Vault parts at Star light drive in in Fallout 4

15. SuddenSight says:

Playing a little more Stephen’s Sausage Roll. I gave up on it months and months ago because there was a puzzle I couldn’t solve. I came back to it and was able to solve it, which made me feel great! We’ll see how far I get this time.

16. Mi-24 says:

Having dabbled in HITMANs goty content which was a tad disappointing I’m back to looking through my games library and trying not to feel guilty when I come across something I’ve neglected for too long (Divinity OS 2 and the evil within are both giving me hard looks atm). I’ve been enjoying some more wonderful day of infamy, and maybe some cities skylines.

Good luck with the parachuting John and good luck with the preparations Katharine.

17. mcdreamer says:

Finally back working through Prey. I think I’m about 2/3 of the way through now. Still not sure whether I’m really enjoying it as it feels a like a constant slog with no ammo available. Perhaps I’ve missed a trick. Either way, I just want to get to the end as quickly as possible now as the story seems pretty good.

Other than that I’ll be sinking more time into Zelda: BotW and Sonic Mania on the Switch.

jssebastian says:

A great ammo-saver for me in Prey was upping the repair skill and carrying around some turrets… they can take care of the basic spider enemies very easily at no ammo cost.

Also I guess it’s one of those games that uses limited ammo to force you to vary your tactics: you can’t just pick a weapon and use it all the time, you have to cycle through the weapons and powers to use all the different kind of ammo, and save the more powerful weapons for the enemies that require it.

You do find blueprints to manufacture yourself some ammo for the various weapons at some point, that should also help.

I did not finish prey myself, but I think I’ll get back to it at some point as I was enjoying it (..it’s just that I got XCOM 2 and got distracted!)

Thulsa Hex says:

Weird! I never really ran out of ammo and wasn’t exactly holding back. I just made sure to stock up at fabricators whenever I passed one by. It may have helped that I picked the Neuromod that gives you greater recycling yield early on. There’s multiple blueprints for each ammo type, if I remember correctly, but maybe I got lucky by finding the pistol and shotgun ones relatively early? Either way, the drought doesn’t need to be!

18. FelipeCC says:

Back to Overwatch, ocasional Dota 2 and fresh spawn in Killing Floor 2.

19. Ben King says:

I am away from my PC housesitting so I am listening to D&D campaign design podcasts and doodling dungeon maps instead. I keep looking for entertaining games on mobile but I just don’t find a lot that I feel I can sink my teeth into. I am slowly working my way through Sapkowski’s “blood of elves“ and season two of deadwood instead of games.

• welverin says:

If you’re unaware of it, I’d recommend Matt Colville’s Youtube channel for good talk about running D&D and the game in general.

20. Jaykera says:

I’m playing Far Cry 4.

I wanted more subtle gunplay after Wolfenstein II so I’m assaulting outposts on an elephant.

• MattM says:

I just got done with FC 4 myself. I dabbled with pure stealth approaches (quiet takedowns and hide the bodies) on a few outposts but found that most of the time the enemies were too clustered for that to work. Aggressive stealth where they saw the bodies but didn’t have a fix on me worked really well, but going in guns blazing was the most fun.

21. Creeping Death says:

I’ll be neglecting the PC a bit this weekend to get back to chipping away at Persona 5. 50 hours in so I think I’ve hit the halfway point.

I was so excited for this game at launch and, while it is fun mechanically, the characters are completely ruining it for me. None of them have any charming or decent qualities to them and their insistence that essentially taking away their targets free will makes them the good guys is infuriating to me.

22. Darth Gangrel says:

Finally playing Deus Ex: Invisble War. I say finally, because I’ve had it on Steam for years, despite liking the demo way back when it was a new game. I also say finally, because I can now see how my own experience matches up with those who pretend it doesn’t exist or isn’t worthy of the name Deus Ex (Deus Ex: The Fall, anyone?).

First impressions are really good, lots of voice acting and stuff to read and listen to, which adds to the atmosphere. I’ve already got several weapons and biomods that let me choose how I want to tackle situations. Been playing for 5,8 hours, but not gotten that much further than the first open city area.

That’s a testament to what I like most in immersive sims – the ability to explore and fiddle with the environment. I love being able to flush toilets, move furniture and leave the lamp on when I break into someones apartment, lol.

• Unclepauly says:

Weirdly enough I wish toilets had stuff in them to flush. Talk about immersive. Imagine doing a double take at Alex Yu’s bowl after he forgot to flush. O.O

• Darth Gangrel says:

As much as I think achievements are meaningless, it would be fun to get an achievement for flushing all the toilets in a game. Saving the world is one thing, but first I have to make sure that all the toilets eveyrwhere I go actually work.

Ninja Dodo says:

Played some VR stuff:

Universe Sandbox 2: neat but the interface is pretty unusable/non-existent (you keep having to remove the goggles and switch to mouse) but it’s early access, so…

Adrift: pretty cool, nice environments.. though some of the movement is VR-sickness inducing which is not ideal. Interesting in short bursts.

Superhot VR: I have concluded I don’t have the space right now to play this properly which is a shame cause it seems awesome.

Batman Arkham VR: short but very well-done. Some cool ideas with manipulating objects and visually impressive.

Rest of the weekend I’m going to see if I can do a late quick entry for PROCJAM (link to itch.io) and maybe start playing Life Is Strange.

particlese says:

Hmm, yes. Superhot VR was pretty great in a 3m by 2m space. It does a good job of making gameplay work in such a space, but I can imagine more cramped quarters would take away a good chunk of the fun. More breathing room would surely make it even cooler…

I haven’t played the others you mention yet, but I did try out the co-op room escape game We Were Here with a friend this weekend. The high-level VR implementation seemed mostly good, but it crashed for me pretty early on. On the upside, the game is free. On another upside, the game was stable without the VR, and pretty neat at that. And on yet another upside, it definitely would have freaked me out later on, had I continued in VR; it was creepy enough as it was on a basic screen.

Have fun with the jam!

24. Daymare says:

I’d played through Destiny 2’s story and farmed up to 240. Now I’m supposed to … somehow find a clan and then hope I’m good enough to play Nightfall and/or raids?

I’m not sure. I’ve managed to do all these things fine in WoW for over a decade, but now having to try the same in a different game just made me instantly stop playing.

Maybe I’ll play some LoL, reinstall Prey or finally get back into Dark Souls 3 again.

25. Someoldguy says:

Felt like dipping back into Torment: ToN again, so having another run through it as a different type of character.

26. username7 says:

I’m going to play hatoful boyfriend this weekend. :) perhaps some backlog games as well, if I feel the urge.

Also I am going to refresh known.zone approximately 50 million times hoping part 4 comes out or something.

27. and its man says:

I’m having my first ever experience of HyperLight Drifter. I’m enchanted.

• FelipeCC says:

I played halfway through it. I don’t know why, but it just didn’t work for me. Never got the feel of the thing. Maybe I’ll try that again.

• and its man says:

Oh, I was won over even before I launched the game.
        I knew from its trailer that the soundtrack by Disasterpeace would bring back sweet memories of Fez, and its color palettes already reminded me of beloved Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor.

28. MattM says:

I got 11 games out of the backlog this week. Most notable was Rogue Warrior. How did Bethesdia think this pos was worth publishing?

Qazinsky says:

When Mickey Rourke walks into your office and curse up a blue storm, you either make a game for him to voice somewhere else in the building, or you have to invest in earplugs.

29. fish99 says:

Probably either some Destiny 2 or Assassin’s Creed Origins.

30. Zenicetus says:

Assassin’s Creed Origins, which I’m enjoying a lot more than I did the new Wolfenstein, even with all the Ubi-crap layered on top of the game.

Late evenings are for 2 player co-op in Divinity Original Sin 2. We’re having a blast… probably my GOTY candidate if it holds up through the end game.

31. malkav11 says:

So far this weekend I’ve polished off Bithell short Subsurface Circular, which was interesting but a touch limited, and dipped my toe into Pyre, which is gorgeous and well written with an interesting sport system that I can definitely see struggling with as opponents get more challenging. I’ve also spent a couple sessions with Secret World Legends, still one of my favorite MMOs despite the F2P cancer they’ve infected it with, now back into Egypt, and I finally did The Ankh, which is pretty great as dungeons go. Finally, I’ve been working on the main plot in FFXIV again. Just about to confront Garuda. It’s at turns interesting and infuriating, and the ongoing DDOS attack on the game is not helpful in the least.

I project more FFXIV and SWL in my future, plus some time with Destiny 2, Wolfenstein II, Pyre, Nier Automata (now on my second playthrough) or some random other thing that takes my fancy.

jssebastian says:

Played a bit of sunless sea… not quite sure yet what to make of it… Experiencing all the incidental stories during my travels feels a bit like 80 days, but I seem to instinctively play it a bit more like a management sim where I try to min-max my “echoes” and all the other bizarre valuables on which the game’s economy runs…

Also finally gave in and decided I had to start categorizing my steam library into “finished”, “done for now”, “not started”, so I don’t forget what’s in there…

33. SaintAn says:

Replaying Starbound. Using the Frakin’ Universe mod and playing as a Japanese fish-person (Hitoli?) since that seems to be their culture.

Waiting for Warhammer 2 Mortal Empires Darker Campaign Map mod to get updated to look like that guys Better Campaign Map mod’s lighting from the first game combined with his Vortex campaign lighting. The original game and Vortex looked so good thanks to his mod, so I can’t stand playing without it. Right now it is out for Mortal Empires, but very primitive compared to the first game’s version, so probably needs months of work. Hopefully it will be in good shape by the time Tomb Lords, Alith Anar, or Malus are added, because I’ll really be in the mood to play.

34. celticdr says:

American Truck Simulator, bought the New Mexico DLC (damn you Alec!), finally saved up enough pennies to buy my first truck – I’ve got a fleet of 9 in Euro Truck Sim 2 but ATS for some reason hasn’t grabbed me as much, probably because most of the terrain reminds me of my home Australia and I’ve driven much of the country and find endless salt bush rather boring.

New Mexico is cool though – it feels more real than the other states in ATS for some reason (it’s not as “look at me I’m a flashy American state”). My goal tonight now that I’ve got my own truck is to drive down the new Death Valley highway… Death Valley sounds impressively ominous you see :)

35. sunahe says:

Still trying to enjoy Witcher 2.
    The normal difficulty is way too hard, easy is so unchallenging that it is boring.
    Only going through it with a hope that it will give insights on how to play Witcher 3.

36. Carra says:

Killing more Nazis in Wolfie 2.

After that it’ll be back to divinity 2. Still have two acts to play.

Skabooga says:

I can commiserate, Katharine. One April day when my wife (then fiance) and I were walking downtown, we ducked into a dress shop out of curiosity. We told the proprietor we were getting married in July, and we had about 10 seconds of chit-chatting before the gears clicked into place, and he said, “You mean July of this year?” I thought he was going to have an aneurysm. He started doing some super-rapid scrolling down the list of options he had at hand.

Instead, my wife got a $50 dollar dress and had a friend fit and embroider it. She was perfectly happy with that, and she looked fabulous. Then again, we’re both kinda hippies, and neither of us work in the fashion industry.

Don Reba says:

Looked it up in Wikipedia and marvelled at the number of ways you can spell Catherine.

I volunteered to work this weekend, so Imma just have a quick bout of Warframe here…

Comment on this story