Deadpool game being pulled from Steam again

2013’s kooky comic book stab ’em Deadpool will soon be pulled from sale, again. It’ll vanish from the Steam store this Thursday, November 16th, though people who buy before then will get to keep and still play it. Deadpool has a 70% discount before it vanishes too, if you want to break both faces and the fourth wall. Publishers Activision never explain why their games vanish like this but presumably it’s due to licenses expiring.

whoa hallo there fourth-wall-breaking font tbh maybe skip because the game seems kinda ehhh and the game is still not megacheap so w/e

So! Deadpool came out in 2013, made by High Moon Studios. It’s a comic book hack ‘n’ slasher with jokes and silliness and ultraviolence. According to our John’s Deadpool review, it’s a mediocre action game and the jokes are not good.

I don’t know what else you would expect in an Activision licensed game starring a character that is so easy to push into the realms of kooky-koo-koo-wakka-wacks.

This is the second time Deadpool is vanishing. Steam delisted Deadpool on January 1st, 2016 then it returned on July 2016. Annnd now it’ll vanish on November 16th. Easy come, easy go.

Trust me on this; I have years of professional experience of writing garbage kooky jokes. LOOK AT ME.

If you buy Deadpool you will still have it in your library and be able to download and play when you wish.

I’m still surprised by how the Deadpool film ended up. Good jokes, good murders, good fun. How did they not entirely ruin it.

So until it vanishes again, Deadpool is £9/€12/$12 on Steam.

Fourth-wall-breaking stuff? idk man. I miss Pip. Pip would point out that what I’m doing is awful in several ways I know I dislike but think I can get away with yet definitely cannot.

1. ArcusC says:

This is actually a surprisingly fun action game, even for those of us who don’t particularly like or excel at action games. The voice acting is brilliant, so if you like a bit of a silly-billy game, I’d recommend Deadpool.

2. stringerdell says:

No thank you

Mungrul says:

You HAD to do it, didn’t you Alice?

COMIC SANS?!

BAD Alice.

• Darth Gangrel says:

Using Comic Sans is nothing sans-ational, since the licence is based on a comic, which has jokes that some would say are as annoying as writing things with comic sans.

• Crafter says:

that’s seems like a fairly good use of comic sans.

It’s use has been criticized on serious documents.

For an infantile comic book character ? that’s about right

• int says:

True writers only use Wingdings.

• dare says:

Never mind the Comic Sans, this was a superhero game article by Alice that _didn’t_ start with punchy sound effect non-words. I’ve got everything I need in the world.

4. Danda says:

I liked it. Nice jokes by Daniel Way, great acting by Nolan North. 8/10

5. Da5e says:

Hahaha, he’s so wacky and random!

6. Slazia says:

Donald Trump’s Twitter feed should be forced to Comic Sans.

It really is a wonderful font when used correctly.

7. TrentTech says:

It was a flawed but fun game. It was never going to be a great game, but it hit all the notes a Deadpool fan would want from a game like this and would have been a solid double-A game if it had some extra time spent on it or even decent post-release patching. Shame Activision “restructured” the team into oblivion the moment the game went gold and put the rest of the studio in CoD purgatory alongside the likes of Raven and Beenox.

8. Jalan says:

Seems likely the game will reappear once the second film is released. Unless some other studio has been toiling away in the Fox salt mines on a *shudder* tie-in game.

9. Phantom_Renegade says:

Two questions.

1. Why is your log in system so incredibly shitty? Seriously, fix that godsdamned shit.

2. Any news on why Deadpool is being pulled again?

10. Urthman says:

You’d think Deadpoool was a Disney character they way they keep put his game in and out of the vault.

11. R. Totale says:

I miss Pip too ;_;

Neurotic says:

I just bought it today, actually, on the strength of it being a High Moon jobbie. (They having made two of the very best Transformers games ever).

13. peterako1989 says:

They are removing it because they cant monetize it

Comment on this story