Ridealong: A real comedian goes to Comedy Night

It didn't go well

In Ridealong we send Brendan into game worlds to meet the inhabitants that dwell within. This time, he introduces a professional comedian to the hecklers and horror of Comedy Night

“I hate this,” says Glenn. “What an absolute hellscape.”

Glenn Moore has been a comedian for years. He has written for TV and performed on panel show Mock The Week. Last year his Edinburgh Fringe performance won an award for ‘Best Debut Show’. But on this stage, none of that matters. Here, he is nervous and uncomfortable. It’s hardly a surprise. He’s just had “nigger” shouted at him, over and over.

We’re playing Comedy Night. This is a game in which players take to the spotlight in a small room and perform comedy routines or songs to the rest of the audience. It all takes place online, so each big-headed cartoon avatar in the seats is a real human sitting at home, waiting for their turn to tell jokes. Imagine a chat room where each person’s voice has a “microphone” effect for a limited time. In theory, Comedy Night is a space for wannabe comics and performers to hone their acts. In practice, most of the 12-person rooms are repugnant shouting matches between anonymous bobble-heads.

comedy-night-2

Glenn isn’t a complete stranger to games, but he isn’t a dyed-in-the-wool PC gamer either. (“I’m a shop-bought traditionalist,” he says at one point). I get him to install the game. At first, he thinks it’s going to be some kind of turn-based role-playing game (“Like FIFA’s journey mode or something”). He doesn’t realise it’s a stage with live speaking between players. A kind of open mic night for the detritus of humanity. When he finally does enter one of the servers, to scout it out as a silent audience member, he understands the full weight of what he has agreed to do.

“This game is so utterly bizarre,” he says. “I’ve never done stand-up just sitting at a desk before.”

We enter a room together on the American server. To get on-stage, you have to click a small “perform” button. This adds you to a line-up of people who want to stand under the spotlight. There are emote buttons too. Some clap, others cause your character to shake their head and boo. Some buttons raise a whooping fist in the air, others yawn or whistle. There’s even keys mapped to each of your eyebrows, allowing you to form expressions while on stage.

comedy-night-3

In these ways, you’re supposed to be able to judge the emotional response of the crowd, to “read” the room, and respond to it in kind. But the emotes are the least of a would-be stand-ups worries. Heckling is not only commonplace but customary. You can turn “audience noise” off in the options, but this just means you won’t hear your abusers while on stage. Everyone else still does.

You can opt to leave the stage at any moment. Failing that, you may be booted back to your seat by the room’s admin for not soliciting enough laughs, or simply because they do not want you there. Anyone can create their own room, so becoming an admin just comes down to whoever arrived in the bar first.

The bar Glenn and I are sitting in is called the “French learning room”. We soon learn why. It’s a jibe at the French woman who has taken to the stage and is offering to translate whatever the audience recommends into French. It isn’t clear if this is part of a routine or just a sideways approach to the problem of suddenly being in front of a dozen people. Whatever the case, it’s hard to hear her over the sound of the audience yelling.

comedy-night-4

The loudest man in the room, sporting green sideburns and a prison jumpsuit, is demanding that she translate the most offensive things he can think up.

“What’s ‘nigger’?” he orders.

“We never say that. It’s bad.”

“Say nigger.”

“No. No.”

He slows down, gets louder.

“NIG-GER”

“It’s bad to say that.”

The French woman is kicked from the stage.

Glenn sits in the front row, waiting. His avatar is more or less a representation of himself. Glasses, wavy hair, a neat suit and tie. You can’t emote sweat in Comedy Night, but if you could, I get the impression Glenn would be glistening.

Eventually, it’s his turn. He takes the stage.

comedy-night-5

“Wow, you guys really seem to enjoy the n-word,” he says. “It’s nice to be here in–”

The speech bubbles above the heads of several audience members light up.

comedy-night-speech

They begin to talk loudly over Glenn and each other. The slurs continue and, if anything, increase. I can’t hear any of the jokes, so drowned are they in chatter and abuse. The prisoner with green sideburns simply repeats his racist catchphrase over and over, not caring that it too is almost drowned out by the noise of other hecklers. After just 58 seconds of inaudible jokes, Glenn is kicked off the stage by the administrator – a blonde, lipstick-wearing Luigi called ‘Cucking Funt’.

“Sorry,” says Funt, “I’m the only British guy allowed in this room.”

He pauses briefly, then adds:

“Jesus is up next.”

A man wearing a white suit, with long hair and a beard, takes the stage. He silently wiggles his eyebrows.

comedy-night-jesus

“I hate this,” says Glenn. “What an absolute hellscape.”

I’ve called him to ask how he thinks the first show went.

“What the hell is this game?” he says. “That’s amongst the most uncomfortable I’ve ever felt… I’m trying to think what on earth it could possibly be like.”

He thinks on it.

“The hardest thing in comedy is starting out… and when you’re starting out you’ll do any gig you possibly can just to get a few minutes of stage time. Sometimes that involves just going on stage in the corner of a pub where no one’s listening, one of those gigs where anyone can perform, and the person who’s gone up before you is this insane racist and they’ve really ruined the mood of the room, and everyone feels uncomfortable… That is, I guess, vaguely similar. But this is just… I experienced more stage fright just then than I have done on TV or in front of the biggest audience… It was just crazy.”

The developers of Comedy Night sell it as a harsh place to prove your comic worth. There’s even a mode in which you compete with another player, two of you taking up the stage at once, trying to talk over one another. Each audience member can mark you with a loud, buzzing ‘X’ if they judge your jokes to be awful. Three strikes and you’re out, leaving the other comic as winner.

comedy-night-6

“If you are an aspiring comedian,” says the blurb from Lighthouse Games, “this is a great sandbox to try out new material and perfect your show.”

I ask Glenn if he thinks that’s good advice.

“That game is not in any way going to be used for the purpose it was intended for,” he says. “It just seemed to be this insane, far-right racist forum, with people goading French girls to say the N-word. I’ve just never seen anything like that. It was absolute insanity…

“If anyone is considering going into stand-up and that is something that’s brought up as an option, I cannot stress how little comedy is like that… That was the worst gig I’ve ever had right there.

“That was like trying to a stand-up gig on the tube to strangers… like doing a stand-up gig in a nightclub without a microphone and no one knows you’re doing a stand-up… It was unreal. It was horrible.”

He pauses.

“Shall we go back on and try it one more time?”

comedy-night-7

The second room we enter is titled “The Hiroshima Memorial Service”. The toxic atmosphere hits us almost immediately.

“–because she is a woman and she cannot know jokes because she is a woman ha haaa.”

After waiting for his turn, Glenn gets on stage again. For this set, he’s decided not to waste any time with introductions.

“Hey, my grandma is an Elvis impersona–

He vanishes. Just seven words into his routine, Glenn has been not only kicked off the stage but banned from the room. It’s probably a relief, because all subsequent routines have picked up on the grandparents theme and degenerated into sexually explicit non-jokes about grandmothers. A man with dreadlocks called Fetus Fajitas goes on stage and gives a weary sigh.

comedy-night-9

“Fuck it,” he says. “I’ll play Wonderwall.”

I’m out of the room before the sound of the second guitar string.

As we search for a new club, Glenn tells me he has a new tactic. He’s going to try and blurt out five of the shortest jokes he can.

“After the first couple [of sets] I realised that everyone’s got such a minimal attention span,” he says. “I just needed to say the very very shortest jokes I could think of. If anyone tried to launch into a story or something it’d just be unbearable.”

We enter a new room called “Papa John’s Pizzeria”. The admin is a big-cheeked guy with a mohawk. He’s holding court, rattling off second-hand quips (“He’s just saying Tim Vine’s jokes,” observes Glenn) in front of a quiet room of four people.

comedy-night-10

“Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon?” says Papa John. “The food is great but there’s just no atmosphere.”

The French woman from earlier cheers at this joke. She’s in here too. The room fills up after a few minutes. The line-up at the side of the screen is now packed. Seven people want to go on stage and the crowd is beginning to boo and heckle the pizza magnate and his dad-like two-liners. Finally, the admin concedes and lets the others perform, stepping in between them as a kind of master of ceremonies. After many brief performances, Glenn gets up for a final set.

“I lost a court case battle against a popular frabric softener,” he says. “I fought Lenor and Lenor won.”

He manages to get two more jokes off without any heckling before being bounced by Papa John. It’s as much as either of us can handle.

comedy-night-11

“That was a more normal,” he says afterwards. “It followed the structure of… normal people. The guy who was just telling really old jokes – he was functioning quite well as a compère. He was giving the show some kind of structure by coming on between each person, and it wasn’t just some crazy alt-right rally.

“Because it had a performative element to it. People were kind of performing… but before that it was, like, oh my god… It felt like just a huge internet forum, one of those 2003-2004 unregulated internet forums.”

Glenn may have been able to get a few jokes out of his mouth in the end, but he stands by the opinion that this isn’t useful to any younger comic hoping to sharpen their wit or improve their delivery.

“It’s unbelievably unhelpful for anyone who wants to be able to give it a go. It’s so much more terrifying than what a normal comedy night would be… My god, if someone can conquer that room, then they can play Wembley.”

comedy-night-12

To Glenn, it isn’t only a bad way to practice. Comedy Night is essentially a set of lawless rooms on the internet where everyone has a microphone and is told to be “funny”. The degenerative offensiveness you see in this game is inevitable, no matter how well-meaning the intent.

“It is absolutely begging to be abused… It’s open to so much mischief that of course people are not going to play by the rules. In an actual comedy night, a heckler… will always be someone who sits at the very back of the room, where they know the lights aren’t on them. And they do this without fear of repercussions because they’re sat so far back. This [game] is sort of the ultimate cowardice of hecklers. You can go on this and you can, with complete impunity, yell under the guise of an avatar, and just say whatever the hell you want. Of course that’s going to be abused.”

1. Seafoam says:

The good old Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory (“GIFT”) is in effect once again. The thing is so easily observable I don’t know why they don’t include it in Psychology textbooks (or maybe it is, I wouldn’t know).

Part of me is afraid that in the future internet there will be almost Orwellian regulations to combat this behavior, and a part of me fears that I would enjoy it.

• April March says:

And every time I see the GIFT, I respond: there’s no such thing. Anonimity plus audience plus lack of consequences has never turned me into an asshole, even though I’m in the same internet as those assholes. Instead, it goes the other way around: asshole + consequences for behaviour + consistent identity = [person whose behaviour is undistinguishable from a] normal person. Or, the shorter form: The internet doesn’t turn normal people into assholes, but rather real life makes most asshole act like normal people.

I feel that the fact that the proponents of the GIFT nowadays score themselves quite high in the asshole scale leads great credence to my counter-theory.

• Seafoam says:

Of course none of these things apply to everyone 100% percent of the time. No one has never even proposed that.
        However it’s precence as an actual phenomenom cannot be denied, look to this article for example.

Whereas I would too like to think that people that act like assholes are just always assholes deep down I cannot agree on that on philosophical grounds. Human beings are complicated, every man is a river, and all that.

• Ghostwise says:

The GIFT makes no sense from the POV of those belonging to a group that can be harassed in real life without consequences.

• Kitsunin says:

Too true. Assholes on the internet are by and large the sorts of people who are transphobic, racist, cruel…in ways which are considered socially acceptable by their peers.

I really believe in the majority of cases (definitely there are exceptions) assholes on the internet either are, or would be assholes if they knew there’d be no repercussions. If you’re an asshole because you’ve got anonymity that means you clearly don’t think about the effects of your actions upon others. Which is basically what it takes to be at least susceptible to being a bad person.

Then there’s mob mentality and people who just don’t think for the two damn seconds it would take to realize what they’re doing is fucked up rather than good. I guess they’re not technically assholes, but if it’s that easy to make them quack like one…

Masked Dave says:

I’ve a long held belief that if it was magically possible to have a person’s true age appear next to everything they posted on the Internet then it’d be a very different place.

A death threat/obscene insult from a 13 year old just doesn’t carry the same weight.

2. N'Al says:

As interesting as this article is, the one joke that Glenn did manage to make is… not that good?

• Brendan Caldwell says:

Sorry it brought you no Comfort.

monsieur_cronkypont says:

Not every joke will appeal to everyone. Comedy is Fairy Persil in that way.

• April March says:

I didn’t even get it. English is not my first language, so I guess ‘Lenor’ sounds like ‘the law’ in a way I can’t figure out?

• BooleanBob says:

They rhyme and share meter.

phuzz says:

In a British accent, Lenor is pronounced similarly to len-aww, the last bit of which rhymes with law. They’re also both two syllables.
          Now I come to type it out, it doesn’t feel like they’re really that similar, but you’ll just have to take my word for it, that to a Brit they’re close enough to make an ok pun.

• Catesby says:

…and, for my money, it being an awkward pun heightens the comedy. It being a bit naff is a good thing, as the punchline is already coming at you sideways.

3. Sleepymatt says:

This sounds like the Trump campaign strategy for stand-up – shout the loudest and be the most obnoxious to have the most effect, regardless of whether you are any good at it or not.

I hope that the people ‘playing’ this ‘game’ don’t graduate to going to actual comedy nights next, I quite like being able to actually hear the jokes, however bad they might be.

monsieur_cronkypont says:

Great article. Thanks Glenn for being brave enough to face the dark side of the internet!

5. MattM says:

After the initial wave of players dies down, this game will inevitably be taken over by the most toxic and I don’t think any kind of centralized moderating can stop that.
    It might be possible with dedicated rooms (servers) owned and paid for by individuals who then have the ability to delegate moderating powers to community members.

6. Danda says:

I knew that this game was going to become exactly that cesspool of trolls as soon as I read the description. Good idea in theory, incredible lack of awareness of the reality of the interwebs.

7. sagredo1632 says:

Something like this is not going to work without an account-linked reputation system. Looking at the game page the barrier for entry is $5, and though bestowing ban powers on a select group of room-hopping mods would probably do wonders for clean up, I don’t know how much the dev will be able to stomach the lost sales from the toxic portion of its customer base. Pretty much a classic Twitter dilemma.

• MattM says:

I believe that a global rep won’t be effective. I’ve only seen truly effective moderation when the game allows its users to create individual communities with self-determined moderation standards.
      Especially with comedy, I think there needs to be user controlled permanent servers where regulars have a chance to form relations that would act as constraining forces on toxic behavior.

8. mygaffer says:

Do we believe this game is really filled with “alt-right” folk and not just younger people pushing socially acceptable boundaries in an anonymous forum?

• Gomer_Pyle says:

I was thinking that, too. That’s what it seemed like to me.

• rustybroomhandle says:

Correct. However, these kids will have learned by now that people trying to correct such behaviour are ‘orribe and much dreaded “SJWs” that should be opposed. In all likelihood a fairly sizable chunk of these kids will never grow out of this, since they’re being raised in the cesspool. It takes a village and all that. Are they “alt-right”? Strictly, no… but what the hell is that even? If it quacks like a duck…

• April March says:

Yeah, pretty much. The rise of the alt-right can be pretty cleanly traced from people fostering these behaviours ‘ironically’ in internet forums and the like. I’m sure a sizeable amount of those people were not that ‘ironic’ but anchoring is a powerful thing.

9. DEspresso says:

Wow, what a horrible experience. Based on that Audience I guess you can only tell the ‘Aristocrats’.

Then again why would you want to please that crowd? (Except the French Lady)

• Vandelay says:

Doubt it. Aristocrats is meant to be a long joke that gets more and more extreme. In this crowd you wouldn’t even get beyond “A family enters a talent agency…”

As others have said, this is kind of inevitable. I imagine on the first week of release it probably wasn’t too bad, but it only takes 2 or 3 people in a room to make it a shitty experience for the others. When this happens a few times to someone who doesn’t want to listen to nonstop racial abuse and misogyny, they will leave the game. Eventually, only those shouting the abuse are left.

I do hope and still believe that those people are the minority. The world wants to keep testing that belief though.

10. Synesthesia says:

We need a LOT more of this, when talking about online games. This is not a bug. Game developers need to start approaching this, and we as their audience need to make enough noise to be heard.

I’m glad Brendan has the guts to do it, and to show it in all it’s ugliness.

( Overwatch is another one to tackle, the rampant misogyny in there is disgusting.)

• Be_reasonable says:

Unfortunately, misogyny, racism, bigotry… whatever makes you “different” can and will be used against you on the Internet. Especially on Overwatch and apparently in this comedian club game. It’s so bad that I just turn off all the chats, no matter what game. And I hear some people say, well that’s not being a good teammate, you should join the chat, etc. but I just want to play the game and not partake in the toxicity.

That will make me less efficient than if I had used a microphone and joined voice chat. But at least I had more fun.

As far as the “boys will be boys” “pushing boundaries” comment, I reject that. I was a teenager once, I didn’t go running around the Internet spewing hate just to see if I could get people angry. No, rather that comes from within. That is a specific personality flaw and weakness inside of a specific person that can’t be brushed off. Some people are just jerks. And they are rotten to the bone. I reject the comment that it’s just growing up or trying to be funny.

If someone was a teenage hatemonger and has somehow grown out of it, good for them. I can forgive. But it doesn’t change what happened.

• FeepingCreature says:

In my experience, games that require either financial commitment or time and effort tend to have a more mature community. (Individual exceptions abound, of course.) People may still be dicks, but they’ll be a higher class of dicks, who can actually spell their insults correctly and write complete sentences. As such, you can often select the game to filter against that kind of low-effort toxic personality type.

Qazinsky says:

I think I read something once, I can’t remember where, so take this with a grain of salt, that empathy is one of the last things a human brain develop. Teenagers are just not quite done mentally yet.

Of course, people differ, some will develop earlier, some will be nice because that is how they are thaught to behave without reflecting on WHY they should be nice.

Really, give some ‘teenage hatemongers’ a chance to grow out of it, a bunch of them probably will. If they still act like that after twentyfive, that’s when it’s time to be worried…

11. MacTheGeek says:

So the audience members can boot the person on stage, but they can’t boot the boors in their midst?

Would it be too hard to include the ability for an audience member to mute the people who are only interested in being an ass? Maybe include a mechanic where if three or more members mute someone, they’re silenced from the channel?

Your freedom to shout filth at the top of your lungs does not include the freedom to force said filth into my ears. If the developers don’t recognize my right to tune you out, I can’t see the point of buying the game.

• DodgyG33za says:

Interesting concept that could be vastly improved by tinkering with the mechanics.

For starters don’t allow the audience to heckle continually – give them a certain number of seconds per set. Make sure the volume of the performer is louder than each audience member, allowing the performer to ignore them if they choose. And don’t allow admins to arbitrarily remove a performer. It should be via audience vote, and only after a minimum time has been reached.

12. DoomBroom says:

VRChat might be a better fit, especially the moderated events like Open Mic Night.
    link to youtube.com

It’s for both people with VR and no VR and it’s free on Steam.

13. Dherian says:

Well, there is someone not researching before going on an adventure.
    Yes, most Comedy rooms are frankly a S++tshow.
    Yes, Hecklers are a topic.

But…

Every room lives and dies with the quality of the host. For the last quarter, actually since the game started, a group of hosts, called “The Respect Club” have moderated amazing rooms.
    With the likes of The Dooo and for example Korean superstars like Charmin_Jo (200.000+ Clicks per video) and some of the best musical artists on Twitch coming in regularly, the created safe spaces for the beginners to try out, and the semi/pro´s putting on a real show.

Unfortunately, in the Comedy area there are even less hosts with proper attitude, than in our “Music”-Habitat. That makes it really hard to stand.

Extremely quick response times on the DEV-Side have by now enabled the performers, to just turn off, crowd chat (a function that should already have been available at the time of this review) so there is no heckling at all, for the duration of the performance.

It´s important to not only go somewhere and try to play the big league. You have to learn the rules and tools of your environment.

Comedy Night is unique in its form, and has grown over the last 4 months. Is it perfect? No! But a very elaborate and dedicated group of hosts is striving for it. With the Likes of “Deaf Pitbull”, “xGaudion”, “MissKitteh”, “Buzzbomb”, as well as the soon to be partner “24kBrownMagic” as well as me, we got hosts who take it seriously. Not only because they want to, but also because they have to, most of them are Twitch Streamers as well and perform live on air.

So if you really want to know, how this game is played, join one of the Rooms tagged with “Respect” and see what it really can be.

The trolls have not won, and they won´t. At least as long as the Respect Club has any say in it, and at the moment, we have a lot to say about it.

• Guy Montag says:

I can appreciate your sentiment, but it’s pretty flawed. No one’s going to ‘research’ before going into a game, which means most people will get the experience detailed in the article, as it stands right now. If you’re actually trying to get the overall experience of users changed, I hope you work with the devs to get what you describe as a basis, not as something you need to develop an understanding of the game to achieve, because otherwise (especially with the low cost of the game) this seems like it will be a ‘one play and done’ for most purchasers you’d be interested in appealing to. The trolls always win unless other people work to make sure they don’t.

• Pantalaimon says:

I respect you for fighting the good fight, but the fact that this behaviour is happening en masse already means the game is doomed in the long term. The game devs obviously have not bothered to set standards and are not regulating behaviour properly, so they’re more or less part of the problem. That’s always the death knell with these things. New players shouldn’t have to carefully pick and choose how they play the game in order to avoid that kind of stuff.

You will never outpace the trolls, and they’ll grind you down and exhaust you. Even though they are a minority, they have developed keen honing instincts for these little corners of the web where they get to act out their dysfunction. Ban each of them and more will arrive to replace them sooner or later. Your energy is probably better spent out in the real world where – sometimes at least – there are actual consequences for that sort of behaviour.

• poliovaccine says:

This comment makes for an encouraging follow-up. I hadn’t heard of this thing before this article, and I was just thinking what a shame it would be to let this cool little thing go to such predictable waste. Glad to hear it’s not entirely (which is really the most you can ever hope for). I don’t like doing open mics in my town cus I’ve lived here too long and there’s too many people I don’t want to see, also my schizophrenia is pretty well managed in my daily life but not in loud public crowd spots where there’s lots of overlapping voices, and that makes those environments more difficult than they need to be – not to mention I’m not much of a drinker, which just doesnt help. I’d kind of love a thing like this game, and within the first paragraph or so of this piece I was already thinking of trying it out for myself. I was momentarily deterred by the next few paragraphs in, but now I’m heartened again, haha. Thanks for posting that.

Btw, I wouldn’t have known they do music rooms too if you hadn’t said so. I’d be interested to see if the slightly less off-the-cuff mentality of the craft encourages any difference in the crowds, or not. For what it’s worth, I always preferred forums to chat rooms, because the slower pace seemed to engender more thoughtful discourse overall – that’s kinda the distinction I’m wondering about.

• Dherian says:

There are literally dozens of people with anxiety thriving in this game. Giving awesome performances, in front of player governed safe spaces.

Thing is, a platform like this makes way for any and all kinds of abuse, because it is literal free speech for all. As this has never been tried in an open mic fashion. (at least, not that I know of)

So most of it is literally “learning by doing” for the Devs and everybody who supports them. But yeah, it was to be expected, that the Internet is a dark and gruesome place.

Then again, it also is a place where you can see all those beacons of light and hope really shine, and thats when Comedy Night is at its best. The Comedy Night, we know and love.

In any game that is open to a majority of the internet, there will be servers (here rooms) that are just a literal Poopshow, and those that will be spoken of, when the game is long gone.

Judging by the success of some of the Streamers who focussed on Comedy Night as their outlet, it works for this game as well.

Any show lives and dies with the quality of its host. Thinking that Comedy Night could be any different, is closing your eyes to reality. You have never seen a show that has run itself. And that´s what Comedy Night is. Your local open mic/open stage, shared with people around the world.

14. disconnect says:

Michael Richards Simulator 2018

15. Misha says:

This article sums up perfectly why any game description with the words “multiplayer” and/or “online” in it will cause me to immediately hit “no sale”, delete the link I found it on and burn the HDD, just to be safe.

My life is simply too short to waste on online squeaking tweens still waiting desperately for their testes to drop.

16. Cyrano says:

I wonder if the developers spoke to a few actual comedians before starting work on this? I’m fairly sure anyone with a bit of experience of both stand up gigs and the internet would have seen this coming a mile off. As an amateur comedian myself, it’s literally the stuff of nightmares.

17. woodsey says:

On a largely unrelated note that’s just kind of struck me, how on earth have we allowed neo-Nazis and far-right extremists to rebrand themselves (not very effectively, I admit) as the “alt-right” and gone along with it?

• Pantalaimon says:

“It’s hard to imagine someone would have the technical competence to make a game like this and the naivete to not foresee its immediate descent into awfulness.”

This describes a majority of games (and films and books and so on) that are created, though. Technically able people creating things without being culturally exposed enough or creatively minded to do the ideas justice. The good games we all play a lot of are the exceptions to this.

18. Catchcart says:

This was a really interesting take on it. Excellent article, thanks Brendan.

19. aguasingas says:

Is it possible to create a private room, and only allow approved people in? That sounds like something me and my friends could enjoy.

• Dherian says:

Soon, it´s, as far as i recall, the next update to come.
      And it is very much due. We all think that way. But by now you can already disable heckling, which means, that nobody can throw racist slurs, or heckle… they just can´t, the option is greyed out.

It is not like the “mute Audience” you had before, where only you couldn´t hear, what was going on, in order to perform undistracted. It´s literally silencing the room.

Comment on this story