Grab a new look at Beyond Good & Evil 2, live right now

Hurry hurry hurry (or, y’know, watch the archived stream a bit later) – Ubisoft are just about to show off the much-anticipated, much-delayed sequel Beyond Good and Evil 2. Michael Ancel and colleagues are live on Twitch, talking more about – and most importantly showing more – BGE2, a game that finally stepped out of the shadows in this Summer’s E3.

Swearing, space pirates, online gubbins and prequel timeframes have raised a few eyebrows previously – will this bring ’em back down to earth or send ’em further skywards? Find out below.

Watch live video from Ubisoft on www.twitch.tv

I’m watching live, so you know as much as I do right now – but it sure feels like the right time for this game, doesn’t it? A mix of joy and paranoia, and plenty of invention from a mainstream publisher. Let it be so!

1. Lobotomist says:

Very ambitious. But it seems they are still very very early in development. I would say at least 3 more years until launch.

2. klops says:

Tongue and horn symbol with fingers -> No.

• Crafter says:

hahaha, I came to say something like this but you nailed it.
      It feels so much like “How Do You Do, Fellow Kids?”.

Also, I still don’t see how this is a BG&E game. Maybe this will change .. but it feels like it could be its own IP because it pretty much is.

• fray_bentos says:

^This. I cringed so hard when I saw that image that I pulled a facial muscle.

• Buuurr says:

Ronnie James Dio making life tacky (still) from beyond the grave.

Ninja Dodo says:

I can’t believe everyone is still getting bent out of shape over one banner image. They’re space pirates… They’re going to have some attitude. Did any of you actually watch the stream?

3. satan says:

Anybody watched the entire video and able to give a short summary?

• durrbluh says:

A sensation of loss for what might have been, mostly.

Ninja Dodo says:

I’m concerned about the scope but I liked what they had to say and show.

They had some cool concept art and showed a sort of hybrid character generation demo shifting from human to various animals, shark, monkey, rhino (which might also end up feeding into character creation)… also spaceship generation/variations with a few different classes of ship from freighter to tuk-tuk. They talked about some of the themes and how they’re gathering thoughts and suggestions from fans and very much using that to inform the direction of certain parts. One thing is that they’re very much wanting to draw from a wide range of cultural influences.

It’s a game about space pirates, online/multi aspects will be optional… and they’re definitely still trying to tell personal stories, not just going for a generic procedurally generated thing. How they intend to marry that kind scale to the intimacy and heart of the original I’m not sure yet.

That’s what I remember. For the rest you’ll have to just watch it.

• satan says:

Thanks guys.

4. Raoul Duke says:

That picture above the article is just awful. It looks like it was made by the marketing department of a French mobile phone company. This is shaping up to the Poochie of computer games… I feel we should rastafy it by… ten percent or so.

NOTE: Beyond Good & Evil 2 died on the way to its home planet.