The Ninth RPS Cracker Of Christmas

While we’re all curled up in our shared Christmas hibernation cocoon over the holidays, the site gets a little quieter. But fear not, for each day of the ho-ho-holidays there’s a Christmas cracker to pull! Oh, and of course, if you’re after more posts you might have missed, why not join our Supporter Program, and unlock dozens of new posts from the last year!

Meanwhile, you provide your own party hat, and we’ll provide the groaner of a gag.

Q: Do you know the name of the mountain climber in Getting Over it?

A: He’s Cauldron!

phuzz says:

goddamnit

2. Retzinsky says:

I didn’t get it at first. Now I wish I still didn’t. What good times those were.

3. S-Hellequin says:

Right now I’m in a strange state of flux where I’m not sure if I get it (and it’s dreadful) or I don’t (and therefore an idiot)

• ThePuzzler says:

He’s in a cauldron. And he’s ‘called Ron’ (for the purposes of this joke). Does this help answer your question?

4. Potoooooooo says:

I created a profile on this site just to remark that this illustration looks like an exploding penis.

That is all.

5. Minglefingler says:

Q: Why was the man in such a rush that he ran to the game shop
    barefoot?

A: He really wanted Dark Souls.

Q:Why did his girlfriend do the same thing later on?

A: She wanted Dark Souls 2.

• Brendan Caldwell says:

We made this joke last year, slowpoke! link to rockpapershotgun.com

• Minglefingler says:

I fear I’ve made quite the fool of myself. I offer the following by way of recompense.

Q: What do you call a pair of annoying vampiric pop twins?

A: Jedward Cullen

Q: Why are metroidvania roguelikes becoming more popular with developers?

A: Because dead sells.

Q: What’s Ian Astbury’s favourite nature reserve?

A: The seashells’ sanctuary.

• hprice says:

A: Bennett Foddy because it is called “Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy (rather thought that was quite obvious, really).

Q: What do you call a pair of annoying vampiric pop twins?

A: Jedward the annoying vampiric pop twins (there really isn’t such a thing as vampires but they are certainly twins, and do suck the life out of you).

Q: Why are metroidvania roguelikes becoming more popular with developers?

A: Because the developers like making metroidvania roguelikes, and because they are quite popular.

Q: What’s Ian Astbury’s favourite nature reserve?

A: The Peak District National Park because it is roughly central to the whole country, is an area of great diversity, and is formed almost exclusively from sedimentary rocks dating from the Carboniferous period which Ian Astbury is allegedy quite fond of (Thanks Vikipedia).