Dragon Ball FighterZ system requirements unveiled

Here’s news for all you Ballheads. The system requirements for 3v3 anime punchathon Dragon Ball FighterZ have been unveiled by Bandai Namco. We also forgot to tell you the release date that was announced last year, so here you go: it’s coming out on January 25. That’s just two weeks from this bright cold day. Anyway, you’ll find the minimum and recommended bits and bobs below.

They were announced in this tweet and on Steam. But I don’t want you to go to those places, because you might not come back. So here they are:

OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Processor: AMD FX-4350, 4.2 GHz / Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon HD 6870, 1 GB / GeForce GTX 650 Ti, 1 GB
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400, 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i7-3770, 3.40 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB / GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

The set up in FighterZ is a 3v3 tag brawl with ranked online and a story mode with a new character, Android 21, designed by manga artist and prime Baller Akira Toriyama. It’s being made by Arc System Works, the developers behind other fighting game series like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. I’m too afraid to touch those fighters, having only the meagre ability to administer a bota en la cara in Tekken 7. But from what I gather, fisticuffs fans like them.

There’s some pre-order nonsense (two early unlocks for characters SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta) but I’ll beseech you not to entertain these notions. The game will be £44.99 on release. A “FighterZ” edition is £75 and adds eight extra characters. Woof.

1. Jokerme says:

These tell me DBZF is going to be a well optimised game. I hope that’s true, because it looks amazing.

2. noom says:

Is Dragon Ball Z still relevant? Serious Question

• abstrarie says:

Short answer: I would say so.

Slightly longer answer: DB Super is one of the most popular animes airing right now (even if it is mostly garbage, people just need to see their weekly kamehameha I guess) and the hype for this game is through the roof. The new show + this game has very much brought DB as a whole back into the spotlight for the moment.

• noom says:

Wow. So it’s still running in some form after all these years? In my mind, DBZ is just this ancient thing

• abstrarie says:

Yeah they just started Super up last year I think. It was the first new DB series in like 18 years. I guess Toriyama was running low on money or something. GT (which came after Z) is pretty much universally recognized as a disgrace, so I think most people were surprised they would try to make yet another series after Z.

• Chillicothe says:

This game will be those old shows without 3 episodes of HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH till you get to the good parts of the flashy ass-whoopin’.

• Crafter says:

Depends what you mean by relevant.

The dragon ball franchise is continuing via DB Super. It is pretty much the same as DBZ. It looks like they intend to continue the formula for as long as fans watch.

3. bmxbandit says:

Oh of course it’s not available on PC in Japan as it’s published by one of the big Japanese publishers. Not that I’d probably ever play it, but it’s yet again the PC market being totally ignored over here.
    I’ll put this with Metal Gear Revengeance and a slew of others that are either totally unavailable on PC (region blocking) or available at silly prices because of the whole Japanese price fixing system.

Back to Plunkbat then, I guess.

4. Greg says:

All minimum requirements aren’t taking into account Intel’s plan of using software to patch security vulnerabilities in their chips. Some systems are reporting as much as a 30% drop in performance with this patch. Running a game overtop of this environment could make it unplayable, even if it falls within the minimum requirements.

• Abtacha says:

I’ve only seen that 30% quoted in very specific benchmarks, performance impact on games should be minimal to non-existant. Performance for game servers on the other hand did take a hit in some cases I believe.