Fallout 4’s Ruff Riders mod adds dog-riding raiders

Raiders on giant armoured dogs ride out across the Commonwealth Wasteland in a new mod for Fallout 4, which bears the remarkable name of Ruff Riders. I do like post-apocalyptic wastelands to be weird and horrible B movie oddities, and murderers atop wardogs clad in scrap armour including metal shades and a horn, yup, that’ll do for me. The mod scatters a few dozen Ruff Riders around the place, and if you off ’em you can make your own regular-sized dog buddy dress up like the big nasties. You’ll need a different mod if you want to ride dogs yourself but one does actually exist so…

Ruff Riders plonks 40-odd dog-riding raiders down across the Commonwealth, waiting to eat your face.

I am delighted by these dogs. I prefer my post-apocalyptic worlds to be a little grotesque and weird, trash and oddities like The Roller Blade Seven, Cherry 2000, Mad Max: Fury Road, and Rats: Night of Terror. Sure, Fallout has mutant giants, megacrabs, and that retrofuturistic vibe, but it is a little boring these days. People riding armoured wardogs? That’s more like it. I’m in a trashy mood this week.

Lead doggodev “BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah” released the Ruff Riders mod on Sunday, and you can download it from Nexus Mods.

If you want to ride dogs yourself, “BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah” released another mod last year which lets you do just that.

Drib says:

Well, honestly I think this fits pretty well into Fallout. The series has always had some body horror / mutants / FEV-is-magic kinda nonsense going on, so this fits right in. Stupid as it is.

• fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

It’s a pity that centaurs were cut from Fallout:4. There was a lore-appropriate cavalry option.

Admittedly, the riders never looked all that happy about it.

2. mlcarter815 says:

It’s like LOTR’s wargs.

3. gabrielonuris says:

Imagine if this guy creates a battle royale stand alone game, and calls it: BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah’s Battlegrounds?

Now how would you shorten that, RPS?

Nauallis says:

I’ll admit it’s better and more lore-appropriate than smurfs riding pigs, from Dragonborn.

• fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

They annoyed me greatly; but in fairness to the Rieklings they were pretty much dead-on in Dragonborn’s “let’s revisit stuff from Bloodmoon in Skyrim” concept. Potentially even more lore-appropriate(though less fun) than the whole “kill the Cthulhu Hermaeus Mora cultists” central plot.

• GallonOfAlan says:

I liked them purely because they reminded me of Ewoks, so I thoroughly enjoyed plugging loads of the little bastards with the Nightingale Bow.

5. Flavour Beans says: