See Geralt cut into Soul Calibur VI

As rumoured and expected, Geralt of Rivia will indeed cross over into Soul Calibur VI. Everyone’s seemingly known for ages that the monster-hunting hero The Witcher would appear in the upcoming fighting game sequel, but now it’s official. One of my main interests in life is hearing Geralt talk in a weary voice so you betcha I’m up for throwing him through a portal into a new fightworld. He doesn’t sound best pleased with the situation in this new trailer. Good.

Geralt will use his swords to stab people while pirouetting elegantly, as well as his magical sign powers and home-brewed potions to spice the action up. His witching home, Kaer Morhen, will appear as a level. And they’re borrowing the song Hunt Or Be Hunted off the Witcher 3 soundtrack too.

Our Katharine expressed hope that he’ll also call in his horse, Roach, and I certainly want to see a horse kick an anime in the face. I’m hopeful that his mega-special move will be to sigh and look away in a way that makes opponents feel absolutely dreadful that they’re putting him through this, more of this, all this, after everything. And our Adam will surely be delighted he can do… whatever it is he wants Geralt and Voldo to do I don’t know I don’t really follow.

I’m sure I don’t understand.

Soul Calibur VI is due out sometime later in 2018.

1. Jokerme says:

Glad to see him as a guest in a game he doesn’t seem too out of place. I imagine this move will do lots of good for SC6’s popularity among gamers.

2. a real Monkey says:

Vader and Yoda from Star TREK? Ahahahaha, I’m gonna die. Who wrote this article.

phuzz says:

Gerald, from Care Moorhen.

4. MushyWaffle says:

I’m just shocked she hasn’t edited her article to reflect the proper Star (something).

5. LennyLeonardo says:

Which sword does he use against Nightmare etc?

• Amstrad says:

Just based on the release video, it doesn’t seem like he’ll ever be drawing the silver sword. I really like that they’ve got his signs worked in though.

6. Captain Narol says:

Please send a Rescue Team for Adam, he just had a Near-Death-Experience Orgasm just from watching the Trailer !

7. Evan_ says:

This is some good promotion. If I get to like Geraldt in the game, I may decide to try The Witcher too. :)

8. Veles says:

Ah finally a game featuring Geralt that has a decent combat system.

• Darth Gangrel says:

The Witcher 1 has one of the most fun combat systems in any RPG I’ve played, but that says more about combat being the weak part in RPG’s and that I haven’t played the right RPG’s, right?

9. LilGary says:

As guest characters go, Soul Calibur has seen stranger. Previous visitors include Link from Zelda, Kratos out God of War, and Darth Vader and Yoda from Star Trek. and Darth Vader and Yoda from Star Trek. AND DARTH VADER AND YODA FROM STAR TREK!

Comment on this story