Best PC gaming deals of the week

7th guest

While I’ve still got Frostpunk, Dark Souls Remastered and State of Decay 2 sitting in my current backlog, it’s a comfort to know that no matter how far removed in time we get from FMV games, just the sight of one will make me want to instantly drop everything and go play them instead. Case in point, this week’s batch of the best PC gaming deals of the week includes multiple FMV adventure games from the mid-to-late nineties in all their campy goodness.

As usual, we’ve also got deals that’ll work in the UK, deals that’ll work in the US and some deals that will work in both the UK and US, as well as presumably many other places. Let’s get started.

UK & US Deals

humble free til june

From right this very second until June 1st, you can grab a quartet of free games that are usually only available as part of a Humble Monthly membership. Knight Club, Quiet City, Hitchhiker and Uurnog may not be titles you recognise but hey, there’s always time to try out some new things, especially if they’re free. Get ‘em while you can.

Knight Club, Quiet City, Hitchhiker and Uurnog free on PC from Humble

john hurt tender

This week’s GOG sale features recently released puzzler Q.U.B.E. 2 for £15.99, old-school strategy gem Evil Genius for £2.39, Rogue Trooper Redux for £9.99, and dubious shooter Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death for £1.49. It also features some of the best in campy FMV adventure games, including The 7th Guest for 89p and its sequel, The 11th Hour for 89p each, and Tender Loving Care (starring the late John Hurt) for £1.09.

Up to 90% off GOG Weekly Sale

technomancer

The latest in the long-running series of Killer Bundles – the Killer Bundle 11 – will cost you a whopping £4.49 and features 10 games including The Technomancer, Zenith, The Swindle and even the official PewDiePie game if that’s your thing.

Killer Bundle 11 from Fanatical

enthusiastic

This month’s Humble Monthly offering is arguably one of the bigger ones. Destiny 2 is up for grabs, along with a stack of other games once the month finishes. All of that will cost you £10 / $12 if you feel like signing up. You’re free to cancel after this one month too if you just wanted a really cheap copy of Destiny 2 and some extra games on top.

Destiny 2 for $12 / £10 with Humble Monthly

UK Deals

Gigabyte GTX 1060

Those of you looking for an affordable graphics card can attempt to pick up this GeForce 1060 GB model while it’s discounted to £235.99 over at Overclockers. While stock lasts and all that.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB for £235.99 from Overclockers

qled

It’s not quite an OLED TV but it’s only one letter off. The Samsung QLED 4K HDR-enabled set is one of the highest rated TVs on the market right now and you can save £549 when you pick one up via Currys PC World right now. It’ll still cost you £1150, but hey, it’s a little victory.

Samsung QE55Q7CAMT 55-inch 4K QLED TV for £1149.97 from Currys PC World

alexa

If all this GDPR stuff hasn’t put you off having your very own robot that may or may not be monitoring you, you can go ahead and take advantage of Amazon’s current discounts on its range of Echo devices, as well as some Fire HD tablets.

Amazon Echo and Fire HD discounts from Amazon UK

wd passport

If you fancy adding a big stack of extra storage to whatever device you happen to need it for, you can pick up ar recertified version of a WD MY Passport and take advantage of a big ol’ discount right now. A 3TB model will currently set you back £45 rather than its usual cost of £130.

WD My Passport recertified 3TB for £44.99 from WDC

windows 10

Look, there’s not a whole lot I can write about a copy of Windows 10 Home 64-bit edition for £30.49 that would be anywhere near entertaining as the above image so uh, here’s a copy of Windows 10 Home 64-bit edition for £30.49 if you needed one.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM for £30.49 from Amazon UK

br 2049

The one-disc Blu-ray of Blade Runner 2049 is currently down to £9.99, making it a markedly affordable way to get yourself a copy of the movie and proceed to watch it and once again be strangely impressed by Dave Bautista’s acting skills.

Blade Runner 2049 on Blu-ray for £9.99 from Amazon UK

US Deals

overwatch reap

Overwatch, despite being two years old as of this month, maintains its price fairly impressively most of the time. That said, right now you can pick up the Game of the Year edition for $20 by going through Amazon.

Overwatch Game of the Year on PC for $19.99 from Amazon US

Mafia III

Mafia 3 is a complex and sometimes troubling story as well as a big dose of 60s style wrapped around a big open world filled with classic American muscle cars. It’s also $10 right now if you missed out on it so far.

Mafia 3 on PC and Mac (Steam) for $9.99 from MacGameStore

Okay, we’re done for another week. Keep in mind that deals, prices and availability can change at the drop of a hat, so apologies if you miss out on something you wanted. I’ll be over at Jelly Deals, scouring the world wide web for more deals. Feel free to visit, or follow us on Twitter and give us a like on Facebook.

Did you know that Jelly Deals has launched a newsletter? It lets us bring the best deals directly to you each day. Subscribe here, if that seems like your kind of thing.

1. punkass says:

I am someone who could do with finally activating my copy of Windows 10, and £30 feels like a reasonable price to do so. However, everyone in the comments is claiming the keys are already activated, meaning that this is basically a CD with some software you could download for free on it. Buyer beware!

• IsabelleDuncan says:

Make 8000 dollar every month… Start doing online computer based work. I have been working from home for 4 years now and I love it. Our system is the best/easiest way to earn legitimate money on the internet. You are your own Boss and you will work, whenever you want to. Check out here… Click Here And START

• scharmers says:

Common scenario for those punters looking to update their not-licensed copy of Windows 10.

It is an (emphasis here) OEM key for Windows 10. You (more emphasis here) MUST clean install Windows 10 for an OEM key to work, otherwise you get the “already in use” message.

You then have to phone activate it.

Source: have purchased Win 10 OEM keys and encountered the same issue.

• waltC says:

Remember that is Home, not Pro. Hard to believe that there were people who ignored an entire year of free Win10 Pro/Home upgrades from W7/8/.1–which, if you owned a retail license for the OS version you upgraded from, translates to a *lifetime*–your lifetime, not the hardware’s–of Win10 Pro upgrades. I paid $249 for Win7 Ultimate, paid $30 for Win8 & 8.1/and $0 for Win10 Pro–and I have received every commercial upgrade free–I am now running 1803–on the same retail Key…;) Ah, I am finally getting my money’s worth! Oh, did I mention I’ve completely upgraded my hardware 2x since my first install of Win10 pro in 2015?

If you know *anything* about your computer at all, I would recommend you stay clear of cheap OEM licenses and buy the *retail license* for Win10 Pro, because the OEM license follows your motherboard–when you change it out your OEM Windows license disappears–oooops, have to buy another. But if you buy a retail license of Win10 Pro ($80-$90 today) it will follow *you* not your motherboard for as long as you compute–no matter how many times you swap/upgrade your hardware.

None of this may make the slightest bit of difference to you, of course, but I thought I’d mention how well it’s worked for me over the last few years. My wife upgraded to Win10 pro from her *retail* Win7 Ultimate copy–and, ditto, for her. She is now on 1803, too, and all of the previous upgrades to 1803 cost $0. Even though you did miss out on the free upgrade year, I think that ~$90 is still a great deal for free upgrades for as long as you live/still compute, etc. But all of this assumes you enjoy building your own desktops…

Aerothorn says:

Overwatch is already out of stock.

3. BockoPower says:

Guns of Icarus Alliance is free on Steam until Tuesday at 10AM PT. Not a big game but free is free and probably should’ve been included in the article.

4. Themadcow says:

XCOM 2 is £4 on CDKeys…

• AustinM says:

Good lookin’ out.

• Phantom_Renegade says:

As CDKeys basically sells stolen keys you might want to spend a tad more and actually support the developer. Otherwise you’re morally better off pirating, at least then criminals don’t profit.

• ninjadeath says:

I always thought that cdkeys was one of the ok ones? Not sure where I got that info from because it’s been a while since I looked into it (a couple of years) but on the occasions that I have bought something from there I have never had any issues and never had a key revoked. Obviously if anyone has any evidence to the contrary then I will stop using them immediately!

5. AustinM says:

Her Story’s one of my favorite games, so this review on GOG makes me excited to play Tender Loving Care with some friends:

“The plot of the movie is a mystery but this isn’t a game that you try to win. It’s an interactive movie where your actions can’t change the plot but it can effect how certain scenes are portrayed and how characters might react to each other.”

Ninja Dodo says:

I got Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux on Humble for 80% off. Wasn’t planning on playing them right now but seemed like a good deal.

7. April March says:

The Killer Bundle on Fanatical is cool, but I know plenty of people here wouldn’t give Pewdiepie money if he was starving and his heart was connected to a bomb that would blow up the planet’s core if it stopped beating. However, the Recoil bundle on the same site seems to be about the same quality for the same cash monies:

link to fanatical.com

It seems to be mostly (entirely?) a 10tons bundle, but I can attest personally that Neon Chrome is pretty cool, and Crimsonland is quite the fun shooter.

8. racccoon says:

I would of thought a honourable mention is needed for the death of a great youtuber Totalbiscuit.
    This man kept going right up to his death suffering from cancer which eventually took his life!
    link to youtube.com
    Totalbiscuit, may you rest in peace.

9. Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

Razer Game Store continues to be quite fun. Their exclusives continue to run (you get $10 for hardware and $15 off for over $30 game(s))

Current exclusive:
    Absolver – $15
    Shadow Warrior 2 – $24
    Ancestors Legacy – $35
    Dark Souls Remastered – $36
    link to gamestore.razer.com

The $15 off is revolving – I bought Wolf II for just over $20, got the coupon and then I got Battletech with it, when it was an exclusive and got another coupon…

10. ninjadeath says:

It’s my first time posting so Hi everyone. The Signal from Tolva is also part of the Killer Bundle 11 which had been floating around on my wish list for a while. It’s worth £4.49 on its own from my early impressions after picking it up the other day.

Comment on this story