The Sims 4 Seasons blasts Simlish Steal My Sunshine

A Simlish version of Len’s red-hot summer jam Steal My Sunshine accompanies the announcement of the ‘Seasons’ expansion for The Sims 4, and it’s twisting my melon, man. If you’re going cruising this long weekend, lash this one out in your car and enjoy confusion spreading across the faces of people next to you at the traffic lights. Sims 2 and 3 both received Seasons expansions, so it’s no surprise that it’s coming again to add special seasonal shenanigans across the Simyear. But look, really this post is all about Steal My Sunshine:

Mate, I’ll be honest: I’m still reeling from that, so I’ll point you to EA’s announcement blurb for more information:

• Create a winter story with ice skating, befriend a magical scarecrow at the fall harvest, share a spring fling during a downpour, or host a summer pool party.
  • Gather friends and family to celebrate holidays complete with traditions, gifts, and special guests.
  • Stay warm or keep cool with all-new outfits to brave the elements.
  • Even begin a blossoming gardening career as a botanist or by crafting floral arrangements!

The Sims 4 Seasons is coming on June 22nd, priced at a whopping £34.99 on Origin. Oof. Maybe Father Simlas will give it you.

IT’S STILL REAL

Drib says:

It’s so odd. I knew, academically, that The Sims 4 was still around. But it’s not on Steam, or GoG, or anywhere. It’s on freaking Origin.

I never load Origin. It may as well not exist. I probably would have ended up breaking down and buying it on steam at some point, just from seeing it in sales, but… it’s just not there.

Good job, EA.

Drib says:

Also, great, now I have the scattered maybe 20% of the lyrics to Steal My Sunshine that I even remember, bouncing around disjointed in my head.

THANKS ALICE.

• sunahe says:

EA is evil, but not necessarily stupid.
      There must be a lot of housewives out there who only play the Sims and buy all (or at least a lot of) extensions for it. Not capitalizing on impulse buyers like you or me might be a relatively small loss for EA —especially if you compare it with how much they would lose if their main target audience started waiting for sales.

• pentraksil says:

Nothing wrong with Origin, there I said it!
      All jokes aside, after Steam and GoG, Origins is great IMO. Some of the features are much better than Steam or GoG, had refunds long before steam (flexible ones at that), free trials that are not limited to weekends, Origin Club which is a pretty good deal etc. Hate EA or not, Origin is OK in my book.

• SaintShion says:

Yeah, I just have to remember it exists. It’s really not bad and they have actual customer service, too, which Steam does not.

2. Mungrul says:

‘kin ‘ell, they’re really taking the proverbial with the expansion pricing for Sims 4!

3. Neurotic says:

Seasons has always been my top priority for Sims expansions, so honestly speaking, I’ll happily plunk the cash for this, whatever the price. The whole new profession is just gravy, really.

4. Zorgulon says:

I had the same reaction to the trailer. It’s a weird sort mind-trick when these songs turn Simlish.

Seasons are always a good addition to the game (yes, of course they should be part of the base game proposition by now). I’ll pick it up at the first sale, and then I think The Sims 4 will be feature-complete for me.

5. sunahe says:

I have mixed feelings about Seasons extensions for the Sims.
    On the one hand, it’s an extension pack, hence you get new stuff.
    On the other hand, without the extension the weather is allways good, and with it there will be fog and rains and snow — as if there isn’t enough of that in real life, yuck.

6. Zaxwerks says:

So… the Sims came out in 2000, then The Sims 2 came out in 2004, then The Sims 3 came out on 2009, then the Sims 4 came out in 2014… so given their 4-5 year cycle, we buy Seasons and then in 2019 Sims 5 comes out…

…without pets, or seasons, or professions, or all the life states, or university… and we start it all over again…

I used to love The Sims, and now The Sims makes we want to punch EA in the face until it can’t apologise because its crying too much and its mouth is full of blood…

…on an unrelated note I might have anger management issues.

7. Jernau Gurgeh says:

‘Steal My Sunshine’ is one of best chart pop tracks from the ‘90s (well, from forever really) and I have always absolutely adored it. It’s like all the best puppy videos on the Internet were transmogrified into a single song.

Thank you for reminding me of it and putting a smile back into my jaded broken-hearted soul, no matter how short lived, as I continue to gaze in horror at where the world is going.

8. sonofsanta says:

Horrifying new headcanon: Minions are mutated Sims, as witnessed by the similarity between their babbling and Simlish.

Comment on this story