Killer7 remaster brings multiple personality murder to PC

Multiple personalities are kinda SUDA51’s bag. Actually, everything about Killer7 is extremely SUDA51’s bag. If a bag came to life and started monologuing during a SUDA51 game, that would also be on the level. What I’m saying is, if you’ve never noticed, I do believe that this gentleman has a predilection for making odd choices. And that oddness is perhaps at its most accessible (?) in killer7, a game that has only been on Gamecube and PS2 before, but now there’s a remastered PC port coming. Can a No More Heroes remaster be far behind? Stop, Brock. You’re getting too worked up for a Sunday morning.

Speaking of getting worked up, Killer7 revolves around a horny old man. Yeah, I dunno, this is just how I remember it. So there’s these dudes called Heaven Smile. Except they aren’t dudes, they’re explosive entities that just look like dudes. You gotta stop ’em. And the way to stop ’em involves get this grandpa all worked up — because that allows him to access the spirits and special powers of seven different assassins, each with their own skill sets. It’s the only game of Suda’s I haven’t finished, but that’s because I am a dumb man who lost his GameCube. So I’m pretty excited to take this new PC remaster for a spin.

It’s a mix of on the rails and first person shooter and elderly horn-dogs and international conspiracy theories. You know, just normal genre stuff. Also, one of the hitman personalities is named Kevin Smith and that is always funny to me.

Check out the trailer for the PC port here:

You can follow the game on Steam right now. There’s a release window of autumn 2018. No More Heroes should be coming shortly after that… in a just and good world. Come on, Grasshopper. Give the people what they want. The Silver Case: Ward 25 was fine and all, but you know what we’re clamoring for.

1. TimePointFive says:

Hmm. I spotted the FPS counter from the Dolphin emulator at about :55. Hmm.

2. Smarag says:

I’m gettin the slight feeling the author really wants a No More Heroes remaster..

3. Halk says:

NISA is involved, nobody heard of the developer before and they apparently don’t even have the game running on PC yet, as their trailer and screenshots (in 640×480) seem to be from an emulator.

So yeah, how can this not be yet another NISA trainwreck?

• fray_bentos says:

Another high-quality and well-researched article from Brock, then. Also, did I mention how “hilarious” it was as well :/ Definitely emulator screenshots based on the FPS counter noted above (~1/3 in from the left edge of the screen).

4. Killy_V says:

The game’s atmosphere is really great. Controls were not very good imho.

But a great game after all !

5. DeepSleeper says:

The NIS America sits on this one like a giant WARNING flag. Retreat. Attempt no landings here.

6. KidWithKnife says:

Aaaaand onto the wish list this one goes. Nice catch, Brock.

7. Thankmar says:

Interesting gameplay hybrid, very atmospheric, for me, a suda51 uninitiated, storywise a little on the obtuse side. Have a look at this rather lengthy interpretation: link to gamefaqs.gamespot.com

8. Jalan says:

Quite honestly, they can keep No More Heroes. I wanted killer7 above all else and (fingers crossed the port isn’t total trash) it looks as if I’ll be getting exactly that.

Now, if they’d be so kind as to do a worldwide issue of the amazing music by Masafumi Takada and Jun Fukuda for the game on CD/etc. then I’ll be a content person. But I’ll definitely settle for just the game.

9. a very affectionate parrot says:

Excellent news, I was just trying to replay this on an emulator the other day and found the stick aiming unbearable.

10. Kinsky says:

No More Heroes was one of the only games to actually figure out clever uses for the Wiimote so unless you’re playing it on Dolphin with a Wiimote through a Bluetooth adapter I’m afraid you’re doing it wrong my friend.

11. isolatedRay says:

I wish they would port Shadows of the Damned to PC. I know the game is really old, but I always wanted to play it.

12. Jernau Gurgeh says:

Okay, I’m confused. I thought the PC port of this old GameCube game that I never got round to playing was already out? In fact, I’m sure I already have it in my Steam Library after getting it in a Humble Bundle or summat.

Comment on this story