Ori and the Will of the Wisps brings all the feels

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 3.27.59 PM

I’m not sure what your favorite part of Ori and the Blind Forest was. Was it the heartbreaking breaking of hearts throughout the story? Was it the whole Metroidvania but cute aspect? Was it the soundtrack that has few to no peers in gaming? Well, whatever made that game special for you, today at E3 we got our first full look at the follow-up, and it is everything you would want. At least, it is everything I want. I assume you and I are the same, because we’re both hear to just fawn over Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

The original game followed Ori, a guardian spirit, and Sein, who acts as Ori’s guide. In the sequel, you embark on an adventure with all new combat and customization options while exploring a vast, exotic world encountering larger than life enemies and challenging puzzles. Seek help from discoverable allies on your path to unravel Ori’s true destiny.

Check out the trailer below:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is set to launch on Windows 10 in early 2019, coming as an Xbox Play Anywhere game. Check out the official game site to stay up with Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Check out our E3 2018 tag for more announcements, trailers, news, and goodness knows what else.

1. Marclev says:

“Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a 4K UHD, Xbox One X Enhanced, Xbox Play Anywhere title se…”

Hang on, what?? Please tell me the lack of “PC” or “Windows” in that list is an oversight and this isn’t a console exclusive!

Otherwise revolutions have been started over less!

• Repojam says:

I think the play anywhere will also mean a copy that is playable on PC. I’m just holding out hope that it hits the evil empire of Steam.

• nitric22 says:

I’m pretty sure that 99% of Xbox titles are developed to work on the DeskBox Windows 10 enabled PC. Exclusive means “Not PS4 or Switch” as far as Microsoft is concerned. And I’m fine with that.

2. grimdanfango says:

Ugh, I really hope I don’t have to use the Windows Store to get this. The first is one of the greatest games I’ve played in the last 10 years.

I actually removed the Windows Store entirely, so if I needed to use it, I’d have to reinstall Windows entirely.

It’s quite likely I wouldn’t bother… which would be really sad. It’s sad enough that games like this are kept away from the Switch… it’s unlikely I’ll ever convince my gf to play the original on PC, even though she’d most likely love it.

Exclusivity is a pain in the ass.

3. Thankmar says:

Original Ori is a gem of a game, but the story? There so few short bits that the melodrama felt too calculated for my taste.

particlese says:

Ooooo, yes. The general prettiness and the challenge and especially the feel of the movement were what I loved about the original. I’d be enormously happy if this finds its way to GOG like its predecessor, but it could even be the one occasion I’d set aside my anti-Windows Store snobbery, if absolutely necessary.

Comment on this story