Control is a telekinetic shooter from Remedy

control-e3-announce

Max Payneologists will be happy to know that Remedy have revealed their new shooter, Control, which they describe as a “supernatural third-person action adventure”. It looks a little bit Psi-ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, a little bit Inside and a little bit… I don’t know? Come and take a look at this throbbing gun and explain to me what’s happening.

No, I’m not sure either. But all those floating bits of clutter do look purdy. Let’s see if publisher 505 Games can enlighten us some about this lady and her mind games.

“After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat you become the new Director struggling to regain Control. From developer Remedy Entertainment, this supernatural 3rd person action-adventure will challenge you to master the combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts, and reactive environments while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world.”

There’s a bit more background info on the game’s official site. The floaty lady is called Jesse Fadens and she’s stuck in a New York building whose architecture is constantly changing due to some creepy “unseen forces”.

It’s scheduled to come out some time in 2019.

Check out our E3 2018 tag for more announcements, trailers, news, and goodness knows what else.

1. Ejia says:

It’s a Psi-Ops 2! It’s a second Second Sight! Maybe you can surfing on telekinetically levitated objects too, which I never got the hang of in Psi-Ops, but seemed really cool.

2. Maxheadroom says:

Alan Wake was one of my favourite games of the last few years (if you ignore the DLC anyway which did away with the ‘daytime’ story bits in favour of just shooting hordes of shadow zombies) So very much have an eye on this now

Side note. The collectors edition was one of a very few that actually added to the game and not just the usual soundtrack/artbook/plastic tat

• Bull0 says:

The American Nightmare DLC was really good and had plenty of plot. But I agree, Alan Wake was a fucking phenomenal game.

3. DatonKallandor says:

It’s just Quantum Break but replace time superpowers with psi superpowers.

I just want them to finally finish the Alan Wake story they’ve been teasing for so long, or make a Max Payne 3.

• Jernau Gurgeh says:

I have some news for you:

link to en.m.wikipedia.org

• DatonKallandor says:

Sorry a Rockstar made GTA spin-off starring a character called Max that has nothing to do with Max Payne isn’t Max Payne 3, it’s fan fiction with a big budget.

• marach says:

Alan Wake 3 and Quantum Break 2 would make me happy, QB was a good series starter (once you got past the early versions bugs), and could be a good series.
      There’s a good chance they may happen too, with Phil Spencer throwing money at designers to get MS more exclusives for next gen.

• Chrithu says:

I would Pre-Order QB 2 in an instant. Bugs aside I simply loved the story and the production value. they just need to improve actual gameplay to be less repetitive.

4. Obojo says:

Phil Coulson with superpowers? Sign me up!

5. HiroTheProtagonist says:

Yeah, not really feeling the hype. It looks exactly like Quantum Break with all the potentially interesting stuff happening in cutscenes, but then again that’s been Remedy’s stock in trade post-Max Payne 2.

6. Kingseeker Camargo says:

Way too shooty and explodey and (seemingly) noisy to be anything resembling Inside (eerily-lit floating bodies notwithstanding), but I do get Second Sight vibes and it pleases me verily, since I remember liking that one a lot (it was probably a lot more terrible than my memory tells me).

Also I do have a soft spot for Remedy (though I skipped QB on account of the various issues reported all over the place).

Interest mildly piqued over here.

• Frosty Grin says:

I don’t think the issues are significant enough to skip QB. It’s a good game. I guess this is a problem with criticism – you do want people to be aware of the issues, but some might take it too strongly and skip the game.

• Kingseeker Camargo says:

To be honest, I don’t even remember what the issues were by now. I know they felt like skipping-worthy then, and later I kinda forgot the game even existed, pretty much until right now.

Also I sort of remember it didn’t really look very Remedy from what I saw, but I might be wrong. Maybe I should check it out.

• Buggery says:

The initial release was very terrible and Windows store exclusivity made it a hard sell at first – but it is a very, very fun game.

• mitrovarr says:

I went through QB with no issues at all (really liked it, too). Maybe they got patched out before I played it?

7. Uninteresting Curse File Implement says:

So Quantum Break universe will never have a resolution, basically? I’m not happy to hear that!

8. BooleanBob says:

Can someone please buy Remedy a box of Crayolas? Noir is noir but I’m beginning to think they’ve forgotten what colour is.

Comment on this story