What are we all playing this weekend?

And that was the E3 that was. It’s been a busy week but a good’un. My exhausted brain will blank out most of this week so I look forward to discovering everything anew in a month or so. But I’ll never forget the most important E3 news of all: Yakuza is coming to PC. Oh, and Cyberpunk 2077 sounds wild. And that Grim Fandango read-through was grand. And Pey’j! And shark ’em up Maneater looks delightfully daffy. And… obviously at this point I am reading back through our E3 tag and being surprised by all these games I had already forgotten. I’ll be on holiday next week so I’ll see youse laters.

What are you playing this weekend? Here’s what we’re clicking on!

Alec: I might put a bit more time into Jurassic Park: The Management Sim One. I played a few hours but backed away slowly every horned beauty in my Triceratops paddock instantly contracted a disease that I apparently could not cure. The thought of all the impending dinodeath was too much to bear, so I have been pretending it never happened by not playing any more, but perhaps I have now come to terms with my grief and will feel able to release a raptor or two into the enclosure in order to arrange a swifter death for my once-loved herd.
Alice: Along with the regulars of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, The Binding Of Isaac, and Slay The Spire, I’d like to round up the lads for multibus banter in Bus Simulator 18. I’m still hoping some cad will rip the Erangel map from Plunkbat and add bus routes, a move which obviously is wildly disrespectful to intellectual property law on a level I cannot condone but would be rad. Beyond that… hooo bring on the sleep, baby. For the next nine days, I hope to be awake only long enough for trips to beaches and rivers and quiet, cold swims.
Brendan: Brendy, who has been at E3 in Los Angeles, has my permission to die.
Graham: I am going to be playing World Cup football matches on my television. Germany vs. Mexico seems the pick of the weekend’s matches. I’m going to be playing Sylvan Esso’s Tiny Desk appearance over and over, because weekends needn’t be different from weekdays. It is my birthday and I likely will not play videogames.
John: I suspect if there will be any time for games this weekend, they’ll be on the Switch/PS4. Just me and the boy tomorrow, so we may see about finally finishing Zelda, And there will almost certainly be some Abzu. And then I think the two of us will go off on an adventure in the actual outside world.
Katharine: As an early birthday present to myself, I’m off to see the historical musical sensation that is Hamilton today (thanks me from 18 months ago, you’re a real pal). As a result, the last days of my twenties will probably be relatively game-free as I see in my third decade, because I’m a proper adult now who has no time for such frivolous things. Seriously, though, I’ll probably still make some time for a bit of The Red Strings Club, because Matthew was nice enough to buy it for me a couple of days early as a warm-up present. The sweetie.
Matt: I’m interested to see how battle royale shakes out from a top-down perspective, so I’ll be checking out Dota 2’s Underhollow mode. I imagine I’ll spend most of the weekend hiding from robots in Budget Cuts though, which is hands down the best VR game I’ve played.
Matthew: I’m going to play some Assassin’s Creed Oranges, because I didn’t get past the tutorial the first time and the E3 crowd is shouting that the new one is good, so I should probably have some idea what it’s all about? And if that proves too taxing to my E3-addled mind, I’ll unwind in Unravel 2. Hopefully not literally though, poor Yarny doesn’t deserve that.

But you, dearest reader, what are you playing? And what caught your eye at E3?

1. Lars Westergren says:

Cultist Simulator, mainly. I always suck at the first playthrough, I keep dying of decrepitude early on, with just glimmerings of the occult revealed. Not until I have unlocked the Doctor origin can I get an increasing amount of income. Now I’m learning to when and how to deal with the other threats – dread, fascination, tentative evidence…

The Prey DLC is on download through my painfully slow rural 4G connection. Please hurry up with that fiber installation, IP-Only.

• Mungrul says:

It’s wonderfully compelling, isn’t it?
      I found a few tricks purely by accident:

If you keep a study window open with one of your attribute skills (painting for Passion, etc), you can load it with the relevant upgrade materials that you don’t have quite enough of yet, and their timers won’t decrease (glimmerings for Passion, etc.)
      This allows you to build up further ones by dreaming or exploring. Not sure if this is an exploit or fully intended; it feels like the latter, with me having discovered some eldritch knowledge about the game being fully in keeping with the themes :D

And if you delay activating the Talk button (mostly by not actually giving a desire to the relevant hook), you can build up your stats quite a bit before finally taking the plunge. You can even get acquaintences, although you won’t be able to do anything with them. But it does mean you’ll have a ready roster of mooks once you do form your cult.

• Lars Westergren says:

Ah cool, I suspect that is an exploit, or at least unintentional.

They had a similar thing during the beta where card timers didn’t start until you dragged them out, so you could leave your reward box from a dream-jaunt into the woods open and wait until your expedition was finished. That way your “rumors” card wouldn’t expire before you were ready to use it.

But now they start the instance the card spawns.

• AbraKaDaggers says:

Alright, help me out. I can’t figure out this game at all. I’ve started a game two or three times now, and it’s just bewildering. What is happening? How do I play? What am I trying to do? How do I know if I’ve done it? The whole thing just goes right over my head.

• Lars Westergren says:

– What is happening?

You are witnessing the birth of a bad guy or girl in a Lovecraftian story. It starts with some odd dreams, and finding hints of occult lore. Then it’s up to you if you want to reject that and have a normal life and career, or jump in whole heartedly.

– How do I play? What am I trying to do? How do I know if I’ve done it?

Drag cards to boxes usually representing verbs, I’m guessing you have that part. The fun of the game is finding out all the different combinations, but maybe I can help you get started a bit. If you drag a Health card to the Work box, you do manual labour to get steady income. This is a risky way through, because you generally just earn enough for subsistance minimum and if you get injured you lose your health card and it’s game over (there are lots of subtle narrative plot elements in the game mechanics).

But you also gain temporary Vitality cards, if you drag two of these to the Study box you gain a new permanent Health card.

Another way is to drag Passion to the Work card, to draw paintings. This is an even riskier way to gain income, because often you get nothing at all back. But if you are lucky you can gain several Income cards, as well as one or more Glimmering (works as Vitality did for health), very fleeing Contentment cards which will become more important later in the game, as well as temporary but much longer lived Mystique or Notority cards if you chose something supernatural as your inspiration for the painting. If you have a detective from the occult supression bureau investigating you, those cards can become dangerous to you. Later in the game you can gain components that if you choose to use them make your paintings even better…and more dangerous.

If you drag Reason to Work, you start working at a dreary accountancy company. This is a steady source of income, but again just about enough to keep you afloat, it doesn’t help you finance your occult research and if you ever miss a days work your Position at Glover or whatever it’s called decays so you go back to a Junior position and to use it you first have to apologize using a Passion card. I haven’t found a way yet to get an increasing amount of income from this. It feels like a trap, the lure of the mundane keeping you away from all the interesting parts of life (see about the game mechanics being a narrative part?)

So the easiest thing to do to get started I’ve found, is to just press M to make time speed up, go make a cup of tea or coffee and come back when your first character have died. Now you can choose the Physician origin which gives you the Position at the Institute card, which seems to last forever and gives you two Income every time you use it. So it just about eliminates the most difficult mechanic in the game. Now you just have to worry about the supression bureau, dread, fascination, and messing up an occult ritual.

The best advice I have though is something I only found hours into the game – if you have an open box, click on the empty card slot. The cards that can be put in there will shimmer. Cuts down on a lot of annoying experimenting.

Try using Health on Explore to find new locations. Talk to your first Aquintance. Use Passion with Sleep.

• AbraKaDaggers says:

This was extremely thorough and useful. I feel like I kind of understand how it’s supposed to work now. The constant timers on everything made me feel like I wasn’t playing quickly enough, so I was rushing around just trying to fill slots with whatever I could. I should also be paying more attention to the lore and such on the cards, I imagine.
          I will give it another shot when I get home tonight! Thanks!

• Evan_ says:

I would avoid suggesting that the physician job is superior to other options that are available for other characters. It’s just simple and reliable. If you want more, or something else, try painting. It starts by working with passion.

I don’t feel like spoiling the details, but it won’t just get you a huge pile of cash, but it’s also a way to use many not-so-useful cards, and it can produce some very useful ones. Hell, the most powerful artifact I ever held was painted by me. Job is not without drawbacks, but nothing too hard to handle.

2. mashkeyboardgetusername says:

This weekend I shall be playing “watching cars go in circles for a very, very long time”. Maybe the Toyotas won’t break down this year. Maybe pigs will fly. (Hey, if Graham can talk about The Footballs, I figure this is allowed.) As a result, game-wise it’ll probably be things I can play in short bursts, so more Spelunky, or possibly trying Reus again now it’s got an unlock-everything mode.

Ooh, there’s another question this week. What caught my eye at E3? Probably Cyberpunk ’77. Bit of an obvious choice, I guess.

• Mister eX says:

I’ll be playing that “watching cars” game too. Wonder if Toyota’s and Alonso’s bad luck will add up or cancel each other out. :D

3. Thulsa Hex says:

Divinity: OS co-op session today, and more time with that Alan Wake fella before the weekend is through (new Remedy game reveal at E3 coincidental, but welcome). I might even finish a Fire Emblem for the first time, too–though it’s Fates: Birthright, so it’ll probably feel like I’ve only finished a third of the thing…

4. SaintAn says:

Finishing up Vampyr. At least I think I’m finishing it up since there’s no where else to go in the city.

Playing some Mario + Rabbids I just got on sale which is surprisingly very fun.

Trying Fortnite on my Switch, which is making me miss Saints Row 1 & 2. Need a SR1&2 remaster for PC and Switch.

Trying to beat the Jynx boss in Pokemon Quest. Been grinding for days trying to get powerful enough to beat her, and even 1000 power over the recommended I still can’t beat her.

And watching Deep Space 9. I’m on the 4th or 5th season and the Kardashians story happening in the background is something I don’t think I’ve seen in another show. It’s really good.

5. zinzan says:

Hmmmmm lets see there is a “Great Day of sport” (Rugby Union ENGLAND vs SOUTH AFRICA, 1-Day Cricket ENGLAND VS AUSTRALIA, MotoGP & BRITISH SUPERBIKES, apparantly some minor foot-to-ball competition is also on)
    OTOH 3 new Combat mission PBeM games to get started, 1 also ongoing and 2 more in pipeline.
    Maybe some Newly modded SkyRim and/or New Vegas – just to see how they look on my significantly upgraded machine. :)

6. tayete says:

Crusader Kings II. Trying to free Hispania (actual Spain) from the muslim oppresor. Failing miserably so far.

7. Faldrath says:

Going to be a very healthy mix of Path of Exile, Wreckfest and Slay the Spire in between world cup matches. If I find the time, might sneak in some more Persona 5. Persona 5 is amazing.

• josemesa says:

Persona 5 is one of my all-time favorite games. One of my favorite cast of characters in just about any medium, fantastic art design, easily the best soundtrack in any game I’ve played, made me literally lol more times than I count.

“You’ll never see it coming…!”

8. juan_h says:

At the moment I’m playing a little game called “downloading Divinity: Original Sin”. It seems I’ll be playing it all morning. As it is going to be extraordinarily hot here this weekend, I probably will not play too many actual games. If time and temperature permit I may play a little more Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol on the laptop. Otherwise I will be playing “trying to get in to the crowded public pool” or else “trying to find parking so that I may stick my feet in the painfully frigid waters of Lake Michigan.”

9. Kamestos says:

Diablo 3 season 14. Still love this game. I’ll probably level a monk this season.

• crankypants says:

Me too! I’m ashamed to say that I had no idea that it started. I played a monk last season. I’ll probably try the witch doctor.

I’ve been playing Baldur’s Gate EE & Skyrim SE. This news changes everything.

10. Shinard says:

Skyrim! I’d played Skyrim on my PS3 up until a few months back (I like playing Bethesda RPGs with a controller on the sofa, don’t judge me), but it finally got the YLOD :( . And so, after many months of mourning, I finally caved and picked up a Steam copy to keep going on my Steam Link. Started a new playthrough, playing a more morally ambiguous character so I can do the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines, and just enjoying it so damn much. I miss Morrowind as much as the next guy, but damn, Skyrim is a pretty great world to explore. Not original, but hell, it feels so good.

Aside from that, probably a bit of Cultist Simulator. I’m a little worried about how obsessed I’m becoming with trying to uncover the lore of the Mansus and see what lies behind the final gate. Life imitates art, I guess.

11. Killy_V says:

Overload is surprisingly good, so I’ll be enjoying some 6DOF frenzy.
    Just got Assault mechs in Battletch so I’ll be stomping and Gaussgunning smaller mechs for money.
    Also dying for the 100000 time in my daily run to death in Slay the spire. Started to play a grimdark Vaporum on a whim. I still have some Blade of the Shogun because why not. Playing slower paced game while watching football will never get old

12. MajorLag says:

I was going to play some TABS since I got it for free and hadn’t tried it yet. Apparently my timing is really bad though since the current frequency of cheaters makes it unplayable. Regardless, the 40 or so minutes I did play were not really very interesting. Mostly running around collecting junk, then a minute or two of fighting, then either death or more collecting. It probably gets much more interesting if you survive until the last few minutes of a round, but why slog through the uninteresting stuff for a mere chance at that experience?

13. Blackcompany says:

Its a game called “finding a new hobby” because, well…I think I have finally hit my personal wall with video games. I’ve hacked, slashed, shot and kicked so many things across so many levels and platforms…

And now I think I may be really, truly done with the medium. Its plain to see that its not going to suddenly offer something new for people who have played games for 20 plus years, so, its finally time, I think, to move on.

Happy gaming to those still enjoying! I wish you the best.

• Kefren says:

I’ve been playing games since my Atari 2600 and C64 back in the 1980s. I find that only about one in four of the new games I buy really grip me, but I do still love it when I find a new FTL, Outlast or whatever. And in the meantime I replay my favourites. In fact, it’s a few years since I played SS1 and 2, so they are due another blast. Some of my C64, Speccy and Amiga emulator games are probably ready for another few weeks of fun too.

(I’m not saying this to disagree with you – there’s no point playing games any more if you don’t enjoy them. I just meant that I sometimes feel the same, then find something that grips me all over again. I had a similar thing with VR, that game me about six months of being amazed by games again.)

• josemesa says:

Ah, I feel like I’ve felt this creep coming to me too. I’ve *definitely* been spending too much time in front of a screen lately though so I think I just need to focus on some other interests for a bit.

Thanks for the inadvertent reminder to muck about in some other stuff. :)

• criskywalker says:

I’ve been feeling pretty much the same, and only playing a bit every once in a while.

What I’m doing much more of now is reading. I’ve missed quite a few good books as The Dark Tower series. Right now I’m on book 3 and I can’t stop. I guess it makes me feel much better than games, mostly because I don’t feel like I’m wasting my time, I learn new words (English is not my native language), I use my imagination, it’s much better written than basically any videogame’s story and thanks to that it’s much more compelling and immersive.

I think games need to be more innovative, and they need to focus on better A.I., filler content needs to leave gaming forever, and also they need to start writing really good stories.

Games don’t seem to respect your time and all the shady business from AAA keeps me further away from it. I still see enormous potential and I am still interested in games, but meanwhile I’m really enjoy reading much more.

• Captain Narol says:

I’ve been playing videogames for 35 years and I’m still not tired of it !

Maybe you just need to explore different sort of games that the ones you are used to play, as taste evolve when aging.

• bacon seeker says:

Def agree with this advice. Although for me personally a few niche genres like immersive sims and tactical rpgs never seem to get old

• bacon seeker says:

For example I never thought I would get into survival/crafting games, but Subnautica was brilliant. Ditto for walking simulators and what remains of Edith finch.

• tayete says:

I have that same feeling as soon as I start to play a game. I started with Spectrum 48k till now, and as soon as I have spent a couple of hours with a game I feel it as wasted time. It has just happened again with “Dead Cells”. It is a great game, but after passing several biomes and bosses and having to restart again next time from the beginning, makes me feel like spending my life in a worthyless hobby.
      Only strategy games (like Paradox’s or Matrix’s ones) seem fine as they are based upon historic events, or games like Rimworld, where I get a kind of bond with the characters and try to make their life better.

• teije says:

I started gaming in around 1980, and since then have taken multiple breaks for a year, two or more – including one where I foolishly threw out all my CDs (BG II special edition :(). Try out another hobby for awhile and then game again. Latest one for me is stamps (I know, uber-geek alert!). So take a break, do something else, and you may find you’ll get back to it at some point. Or not, so long as you’re enjoying whatever it is to pass your free time.

• Plok says:

Interesting. I’ve been ‘hardcore’ gaming for a good 25 years now and the wealth of innovation coming from the indie scene has me more hooked on video games than ever before.

Certainly healthy to mix up those hobbies though. I often find my appreciation of the many parts that make up a great game growing after I’ve delved into some fantastic literature, music or film. Also alcohol. Yes. Alcohol is a hobby right? I’m so glad.

• fish99 says:

You’re not the only one, I’m finding it increasingly hard to find the motivation and energy for gaming anymore. Selecting and starting a new game is especially difficult. Nothing appeals most of the time so I just chill and watch other people play games on twitch instead.

14. Kefren says:

Still playing Cryptark – yet to complete rogue mode. It’s a great game, though has some bugs (RM saves are deleted when you quit; some levels are impossible to complete and can end the game) that the devs haven’t responded to.

15. caff says:

A bit more Mafia 2. It looks really good and even supports 4K resolution, despite being 7 years old.

I must admit the early missions have become a little bit samey but hoping it improves later on. I seem to be rising in the ranks.

particlese says:

I played Mirror Drop for an hour or two last night, and I have decided it is A Good Video Game. It’s so shiny! The puzzles so far (I’m only through the second tier) are fairly mundane “tilt the stage just so” type affairs, but in 3 dimensions and with some infinitely repeating spaces and loads of visual shenanigans, making my thinker unwrap the variable-FOV panoramic projections, figure out what’s an inner space (if there are any) and what is just a medium with a large, potentially changing refractive index. Really, really neat game, and it’s even DRM- and payment-free on the game’s website, should anyone be looking for a good money-optional post-E3 palette cleanser and/or a way to play the game sans Steam.

Speaking of E3, the vacuous TES 6 trailer and some unrelated goings-on has had me thinking about booting up the ol’ Elder Scrolls Online to see what’s shaking and to have a good wander – about 9 years before I expected to want to touch any MMO again. I’ll probably do something else, but it’s a possibility.

17. geldonyetich says:

Fallout 4? Fallout 4! I’ve given in to Fallout ’76 hype and am thinking it’s about time I explore that DLC I bought.

Instead, I’ve largely been hauling junk back to build settlements. The real game. Every time those pesky Bethesda developers of yesteryear keep trying to distract me with quest content, I flee like only a sole survivor can! Shaun’s gone, the wife’s out of the picture, I’m a free man now! Brother, can you spare some copper?

18. Captain Narol says:

Graham, I hope you didn’t miss Spain-Portugal, that was an epic match and the highlight of the competition so far !

19. kiank37 says:

E3 made my “games I need to play” list much longer so thanks for that. The only problem is I’m going on holiday for a month and a half next week but at least I’ll have my switch. I am going to definitely play some Overwatch before I have to say bye to it for a while. I finished all the levels in Hot Lava and finished Oxenfree so I think I’m going to continue Life is Strange on the PC. I finally murdered hope so I’ll hit the final region in Far Cry 5 and I’m going to play some Dragon Age: Inquisition: Jaws of Hakkon DLC. In the evenings, I’ll play some Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle and of course some Stardew Valley (Sam and I just got married). Overall, an exciting weekend.

20. Aleph says:

Maybe I’ll try to finish XCOM 2 this weekend. I’m really hitting a bump with this game (this somewhat happened to me also with the previous one) where I know most alien types, they have lost their menace because I know exactly what they can do, and all missions start to blur together in a game of making numbers (armor, damage) into bigger numbers. It starts to feel a little bit like a clicker game. I’m hoping that some new enemy types show up in the road from here to the finish line.

21. JimTheReader says:

I jumped back into Halo with the SPV mod and oof, I don’t remember the game being this hard. The first level feels a bit longer than I remember them to be though it maybe because they add new things into the game.

They add brutes from the sequel and they are pretty tough to deal with, especially because of the new heavy weapons added to the game. 2 new grenades, black hole and cluster. There’s a whole new selections of weapon that doesn’t really fill any new role but alternative to existing weapons.

I’m still at chapter three. Looking forward to what they do with the Flood and the library sections.

22. Rainshine says:

Civ VI, I’m on a Cleo playthrough that I intentionally went into without a strategy. We’re on turn 415 or so, and I think I’m going to go for religious — I had to start really defending myself around the advent of infantry, and took roughly 3/4 the Greek empire for myself (the previous leaders). At this point, several of the other civs have spaceports up and running, and I’ve been forced into war with my neighbor Peter to reduce his cities so I can convert him — unfortunately, this late game, I don’t really have a tech advantage, so it’s slow brutal work.
    Pyre. They did an excellent pacing job on the game, although for my part it waffles wildly between too easy and what… how?! (Not making any comments about comparisons with World Cup teams here ;) I’m on rite three, I believe, and as usual, immensely happy with the music.

Probably going to pick up Oxygen Not Included on the weekend sale too, guessing it’s the cheapest I’ll see it for another six months, and Klei is pretty awesome

23. Morcane says:

Kinda Path of Exiled out, my freezing pulse totem hierophant is level 89, I’ve seen some temples and got the expansion out of my system. Also on the agenda, the new DLC for Prey, which is really well done and great fun. I wish we would see more Prey after this DLC too.

24. napoleonic says:

This might make you feel even older, Katharine, but your twenties ARE your third decade. 0-9 is first decade, 10-19 is second decade, 20-29 is third decade, and 30-39, which you’re about to see in, is fourth decade. Sorry! Signed, someone even further into his fourth decade.

zigguratvertigo says:

I’m going to be playing Alien Isolation with the MotherVR mod. It’s a game I gave up on back when it was new, but VR makes it a more immersive, terrifying experience. Particularly impressive when you remember it wasn’t designed as a VR game.

26. Captain Narol says:

Finally tried Abzu with my son, it’s beautiful and mysterious but the PC commands are totally aggravating…

Also tried Volantia, nice concept and cool gameplay, but didn’t really caught my interest for long… Too much micro-management.

So I’m back to Eternal Card Game, Crusader Kings II, Football Manager 2017, Qvadriga and Tactical Monsters Rumble Arena, my usual go-to those days.

27. kud13 says:

Thanks for reminding me the World Cup is on, Graham. I’ll spend the lion’s share of the weekend on the sofa now.

In terms of playing: I’ll probably continue my quest to finish the (un-remastered) Brood War campaigns, before launching into StarCraft II, with maybe some re-playing of “Alpha Protocol” on the side before getting into “Vampyr” .

In terms of E3, I’ll be un-original: Cyberpunk, BGE2, Dying Light 2, Metro, and Sekiro. Oh, and I guess also DMC5.

28. Mouse_of_Dunwall says:

Finishing up Wolfenstein: The Old Blood before starting Prey: Mooncrash. I think I’m on the final boss fight of Old Blood. Not usually a big fan of boss fights, but this one is actually pretty good.

Also, the E3 trailer for The Last of Us 2 reminded me that I never finished the first game’s DLC, so I will be doing that in the near future.

29. panda says:

I was able to play a bit of Land’s End.

30. nifft.batuff says:

Finally I finished Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse. Now I have started Conception 2. Obviously emulated on the PC. So the count.

31. Evan_ says:

I will not admit that I bought GTA V only yesterday, neither having fun being hunted online.

32. hijuisuis says:

Technobabylon. Good Story, great lore and graphics, horrible adventure game tropes and puzzle design.

I have been much more lenient on allowing myself to look at the walkthrough, because I don’t want to be so frustrated that I end up disliking the game.

Definitely worth playing if you can look past its classic roots though, they even put a lot of effort into the sci fi jargon aspects.

33. Wankerman says:

Been celebrating Father’s Day by replacing the front porch steps after putting my foot through one the other day, so I’m late to the party, but trying to decide between jumping back into Dark Souls Remastered and playing anything besides Dark Souls Remastered. In my defense I’m neck-deep in Tomb of the Giants, which is as horrible as I remember and way worse than Blighttown, and that’s even after taking into account the fact that I now know you can use a skull lantern to see 3 feet in front of you instead of not using one and only seeing 0.5 feet in front of you without one which is what happened the first time I played through it a few years back…
    Ahh, who am I kidding? Anyone want to help me only have a mild heart attack fighting Nito?

34. smisk says:

Saw Solo on Friday and ended up jumping back into Battlefront 2. Tried out the Hero modes for the first time and actually really enjoyed it, also gave the payload-like mode a spin.
    I in no way love the game, and initially regretted buying it at full price after a short and kinda disappointing campaign. But they’ve done a great job at updating it and I’ve been loading it up every few weekends to check out the new content, and I’m looking forward to the Clone Wars stuff coming later this summer. Definitely not a ton of depth or strategy, but it’s fun if you’re in the mood for a mindless shooter, even more so if you’re a Star Wars fan.

Comment on this story