Fortnite burger mascot survives interdimensional journey

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 3.03.42 PM

Uh. Okay. Where to start here? So, last weekend, you might remember that within the world of Fortnite (a video game) a one-time event occurred when a rocket was launched from a secret underground bunker and tore a hole in the sky (of a video game). What does that giant rip in the fabric of space-time mean for the game? No one knows. What we do know is that, around the same time, an in-game burger mascot disappeared and just turned up in the middle of the desert (not in a video game). So. Uh. What does this mean? I guess Durr Burger is opening franchises.

Post-SkyTear, smaller rifts started opening up and on the game map and sucking up fan favorite landmarks, including Tomatohead and the Greasy Grove’s Durrr Burger, which have now disappeared. At least in game.

Here’s footage of the Durrrsappearing act.

And here is what CA based photographer Sela Shiloni found while he was on a Palmdale location scouting trip. He claims. Hmmm.

You know. Just a completely normal situation to stumble upon.

The burger is surrounded by signs saying “this site is unstable, beware of possible effects” and “if you can read this you’re in range of the anomaly.” As you can see below, there’s also a police car with a few Fortnight-ish touches.

I’m really glad that Fortnite has gone full Last Action Hero transmedia, and that perhaps video game nonsense is plummeting from the sky in the California desert. Is this a tease for a new desert based map (in a video game)? Only time-travel will tell.

1. Axolotl says:

I may not like Fortnite, but I gotta give it to them, they know how to do PR. Interesting PR too, not “we are hearing your concerns” EA bullshit.

2. Freud says:

You know what you can cook a hamburger with? A frying pan.

I would lawyer up if I were you, Epic.

3. haldolium says:

HAHAHA, A BURGER THAT LOOKS LIKE A STEREOTYPE RETARD. LOLGAMERJOKELOL

This is just the worst. Fuck you Epic Games. I really doubt this is what Sweeney thinks about when he makes his remarks about the state of things and rants about Microsoft.

• mitrovarr says:

Dude, lighten up.

• Wednesday says:

Y’know, I actually work with some one with severe learning difficulties. The other day he said “durrrr” at me when I wasn’t aware of some fact.

I was about to tell him that it wasn’t appropriate when I thought better of it.

Not sure what moral I was swinging at here.

4. Kolbex says:

How lucky that a professional photographer just happened upon their no doubt expensive installation in the middle of nowhere.

• Mandrake42 says:

Yeah, I thought the same thing “My, what a coincidence!”. Still, it’s pretty cool though, and I don’t even like Fortnite.

• Excors says:

If it was a conspiracy, why would they have chosen to send a professional photographer? It’s not like he did an extensive high-quality photo shoot, he just took exactly the same photos and videos that anybody with a phone could, so they could have sent anybody with a phone and a few hundred Twitter followers.

(I don’t mean it *was* necessarily a coincidence; just that his profession doesn’t seem like evidence that it wasn’t.)

• Axolotl says:

Because he’s more likely to have people take an interest in his photos than just some guy’s, that’s my guess at least.

• mitrovarr says:

It might have just been something like “Hey, you should go check out what’s at this area, might make a good picture”.

5. wraithgr says:

Every time I read about some “viral” ad campaign, I remember this strip: link to penny-arcade.com

6. Moonracer says:

Just what America needs, a battle royale universe making it’s way into our reality…

7. Dust and Cobwebs says:

“You know. Just a completely normal situation to stumble upon.”

Grew up in Palmdale. Can confirm.

8. Josh W says:

I can only hope that the earth retains its current rotational speed.

Or alternatively, it’s surprising it didn’t turn up in the Tunisian desert.

9. Chillicothe says:

Credit to Epic for the quality viral, NEGATIVE credit for the easily-excited on Twitter surprised by the concept in 2018.

10. racccoon says: