Kicking off Season 7 are the challenges for Season 7 Week 1. They consist of various kill challenges, as well as some where you must dance on top of things, dance where you shouldn’t dance, and one involving a mad dash to search for certain containers. This guide will detail all the challenges for this first week, as well as provide the locations for all those challenges where you need to dance.
Fortnite Season 7 Week 1 challenges guide
With the game being the global sensation that it is, there’s a lot to learn about not only getting that all-important “Victory Royale”, but also the changes to the map as the seasons progress, and the challenges you can seek to complete. Head over to our Fortnite guide hub for every single thing you need to get started. Alternatively, you can head back to ourFortnite weekly challenges guide for an overview of all the weekly challenges for this Season in Fortnite.
Fortnite Season 7 Week 1 challenges
|Challenge||Number required||Type of Challenge||Difficulty|
|Pick up an item of each rarity||1 of each rarity (5 in total)||Free||Medium|
|Dance in different forbidden locations||7 out of 12.||Free||Medium|
|Play matches with at least one elimination||5||Free||Hard|
|Dance on three locations (Stage challenge)||Stage 1: Dance on top of a crown of RVs.
Stage 2: Dance on top of a metal turtle.
Stage 3: Dance on top of a submarine.
|Deal Headshot damage to opponents.||500 damage||Battle Pass||Medium|
|Search containers (Staged challenge)||Stage 1: Search five ammo boxes in a single match.
Stage 2: Search three chests in a single match.
Stage 3: Search one supply drop in a single match.
|Eliminate opponents in five different named locations.||5 eliminations in 5 different locations (out of 21)||Battle Pass||Hard|
Season 7 Week 1 Free challenge: Dance in different forbidden locations
First and foremost, if you want to complete this challenge, you’ll need to equip a dance. You can do so in the locker in the main menu. There are 12 locations on the map that each have “no dancing” signs, but you only need to find seven of them. The locations are as follows:
- Lazy Links – On the dock over the pond.
- Dusty Divot 1 – South-west of this location, there is an irregularly shaped mountain. It’s on top of that.
- Dusty Divot 2 – Head for the zipline along the north-eastern edge of the crater.
- Paradise Palms – South of this location, it’s on top of the mountain with three cacti.
- Loot Lake – Look on top of the gigantic rock towards the eastern side of the lake.
- Frosty Flights 1 – On the peninsula that sticks out on the map in the south-west.
- Frosty Flights 2 – On the small hill south-east of this location. It has a camp fire.
- Stunt Mountain – North of the Soccer stadium, this is on top of the mountain.
- Wailing Woods – North of the location, this is at the ice cream truck on top of the hill.
- Taco Shop – By the race track in the desert, it’s along the back wall.
- Risky Reels – On the small hill with the RV.
- Junk Junction – The metal llama has a sign at the base.
Season 7 Week 1 Free challenge: Pick up an item of each rarity
This one is as simple as picking up an item of each rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary). This can be done over the course of multiple games. You can find out more about the weapons in our Fortnite weapons guide.
Season 7 Week 1 Free challenge: Play matches with at least one elimination
You’ll need to play and complete matches where you kill at least one other player. For those who aren’t as used to Fortnite, you can try playing in either squads or duos so that your teammates can assist you (provided you’re all working as a team). The caveat is that enemies can be picked up by the enemy team if they are downed, so Solo matches immediately eliminate an opponent.
Season 7 Week 1 Battle Pass challenge: Stage challenge – dancing on top
This multi-stage challenge requires you to dance in three different locations. These must be done in order and across three different matches for them to count, meaning that you can’t visit all three in one match. The three locations are:
- Dance on top of a Crown of RV’s – Head to the desert and head for the hill south of the town near the gas station. Dancing anywhere in the ring of cars will make this count.
- Dance on top of a metal turtle – East of the Wailing Woods, look for the giant metal turtle near the edge of the map.
- Dance on top of a submarine – There’s a frozen submarine in the new snow biome. It’s in grid reference B9 on top of the hill and is easier to access via gliding in rather than building your way to the top.
Season 7 Week 1 Battle Pass challenge: Deal headshot damage to opponents
Since you need to deal 500 damage exclusively through headshots, it shouldn’t take very long since damage is doubled. However there are certain tips that make this simpler. Being high up will give you better access to headshots down below, while you should always ensure that you take bullet drop into account for sniping. If all else fails though, have a shotgun and aim slightly upwards to try and score a quick headshot. Damage doesn’t need to kill, you just need to hit them for it to count.
Season 7 Week 1 Battle Pass challenge: Stage challenge – containers
This multi-stage challenge requires you to open containers in a single match. Ammo boxes and chests are found throughout the map and shouldn’t be too much of a problem to locate. As for the supply drops, just be careful how you approach them as other players will almost certainly be heading for the supply drops too.
- Stage 1: Search five ammo boxes in a single match.
- Stage 2: Search three chests in a single match.
- Stage 3: Search one supply drop in a single match.
Season 7 Week 1 Battle Pass challenge: Eliminate opponents in different named locations
The final challenge of week 1 requires you to eliminate an opponent in five of the 21 different locations on the map. These are all the named ones and you should keep a list of the ones you’ve successfully eliminated people in, so you don’t duplicate your kills at any point. Given that there are 21 of them though, this shouldn’t be too tricky to track.
- Junk Junction
- Haunted Hills
- Pleasant Park
- Snobby Shores
- Tilted Towers
- Shifty Shafts
- Dusty Divot
- Salty Springs
- Fatal Fields
- Wailing Woods
- Lonely Lodge
- Retail Row
- Lucky Landing
- Risky Reels
- Lazy Links
- Paradise Palms
- Tomato Temple
- Loot Lake
- Polar Peak
- Frosty Flights
- Happy Hamlet
This concludes Season 7 Week 1 guide, but there’s plenty more challenges to complete in Season 7. Next up are the challenges featured in Season 7 Week 2 challenges, so be sure to check them out to complete those challenges.