Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’s significant update didn’t quite go to plan, but the latest hot-fix has amended this error. It is the only change to come in the latest update, but the previous version had some major adjustments to balance – mostly in your favour, and some bug fixes. As a result, some of your abilities are far more powerful as a result of the patch.
Those new and old to the library of From Software may wish to know more tips and tricks to get started, as well as some of the more complicated things that can occur while playing. Head to our Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice guide hub for everything you need to know.
With these updates, you’ll want to get some upgrades to your abilities. Our Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gourd Seeds can help with your health recovery, while the Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice skill point farming guide is a handy place to learn where to farm experience. You can also take a gander at our Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice boss where you can find tips for the many bosses of the game.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice patch guide
This guide has all of the relevant patch notes and any additional details that have emerged about the game’s updates.
Sekiro patch 1.04 notes
Well that didn’t take especially long. Apparently the Blazing Bull’s vitality and posture were not set to their “correct” values, so they’ve now been corrected.
- Fix for an error in update 1.03, in which the Blazing Bull’s Vitality and Posture were not set correctly.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice previous patches
Below are all of the previous updates to Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Reveal the spoiler tags to see what each patch brought into the game.
Sekiro patch 1.03 notes
This patch comes with a bit of a caveat. Apparently according to From Software’s Twitter account, there was an error with the vitality and posture adjustments for the Blazing Bull fight. It’s unclear what the error they’re referring to actually is, but if you’re still struggling with this mini-boss, you can get some tips in our Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Blazing Bull guide.
In the update released today (1.03), there was error with the Vitality / Posture adjustments made for the “Blazing Bull”. We will send out any further announcements regarding an update to correct this error as soon as a release time and date are decided. >
— FROMSOFTWARE (@fromsoftware_pr) April 23, 2019
Improvements to Strategic Approaches
- Adjusted the efficiency and Spirit Emblem cost of the following to encourage usage and diversity of approach:
- Prosthetic Tools: “Lazulite Sacred Flame,” “Loaded Axe” series, “Sparking Axe,” “Lazulite Axe”
- Combat Arts: “Ashina Cross,” “Dragon Flash,” “One Mind,” “Floating Passage,” “Spiral Cloud Passage,” “Mortal Draw,” “Empowered Mortal Draw”
- Items: “Spiritfall” series
- Reduced the Posture damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts “Senpou Leaping Kicks” and “High Monk” as it was causing more damage than intended in certain cases. Posture damage dealt in the latter-half of the combo has been increased.
- Increased the Poison build-up dealt by the Prosthetic Tool “Sabimaru” against enemies that were intended to be weak against it.
- Increased the drop rate of “Divine Confetti” for Fencers in Ashina Castle.
- Adjusted loading screen tips and tutorial text, as well as adding new text.
- Slightly reduced Posture and Vitality of Blazing Bull in order to improve game pacing and balance time in combat.
- Lowered the price of information sold by Anayama the Peddler.
- The Chained Ogre inside Ashina Castle is now Red Eyed.
- Fixed a bug where “Gokan’s Sugar” and “Gokan’s Spiritfall” were not mitigating player Posture damage taken while guarding or deflecting enemy attacks.
- Fixed a bug where system crashes could cause save data to become corrupted on PC.
- Fixed a bug where certain enemies would sometimes stop attacking the player.
- Fixed a bug where certain actions could not be performed after reconfiguring the controls.
- Fixed certain bugs that were allowing the player to access unexpected areas, which could result in becoming unable to obtain items or make further progress.
- Fixed cases of certain text being displayed incorrectly.
- Improved stability.
- Improved performance.
- Other various bug fixes.
With the updates, you’ll want to get some upgrades to your abilities. Our Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gourd Seeds can help with your health recovery, while the Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice skill point farming guide is a handy place to learn where to farm experience. You can also take a gander at our Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice boss where you can find tips for the many bosses of the game.