If you’ve played the original Red Dead Redemption (or, indeed, any of the GTA games), it should come as no surprise whatsoever to you that Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats exist. Rockstar have hidden away clues to their cheat codes inside various newspapers scattered about RDR2’s vast wild world – but seeing as you’re here, I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that you don’t really want to go to all that trouble tracking down each and every code. Well, good news! Our Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats guide lists all 37 cheats in the game so you can get right down to augmenting your singleplayer experience however you please!
- Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats overview
- How to unlock and activate cheats in Red Dead Redemption 2
- Full Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats list
Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats overview
There are a grand total of 37 Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats available to players, and each of them, predictably, has a different role to play in tailoring your singleplayer experience however you see fit. There are cheats relating to your Honor levels and other stats; there are cheats for unlocking camp upgrades and crafting recipes; there are cheats for spawning horses and other things… There’s even one for giving you instant money.
We’ll go over how to unlock and activate these cheats just below, but the important thing to know first is that if you activate one or multiple of these cheats, you will not be able to unlock any accomplishments while they are active; and you will also be unable to save your singleplayer game. So be sure before you activate any of the below cheats that you’re aware of the ramifications, to avoid any unpleasant surprises!
How to use cheats in Red Dead Redemption 2
Unlocking and activating Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats is marvellously simple. All you need to do is open up the Settings menu by hitting “Esc” and selecting “Settings”. Then hit “Left Shift” to bring up the hidden Cheats menu.
When you first go into this menu, you’ll be presented with a long list of locked and hidden cheats, which is normal. Now you need to unlock the cheats you’re after. To do this, hit “Left Shift” again, and type the cheat code you want to unlock into the text box which will appear. Hit Enter, and you’ll be presented with an Alert screen telling you that the cheat was successfully unlocked.
So that’s how you unlock cheats in RDR2; to actually activate or deactivate them, simply select the cheats you’re after from the Cheats menu, and their effects will immediately be bestowed upon you. Simple as that!
Full Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats list
Now let’s take a closer look at all 37 Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats, what they all do, and what exactly you must type into the Cheats menu in order to unlock them!
Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats – money and weapons
- “Greed is now a virtue” – Add $500
- “A simple life, a beautiful death” – spawn Basic weapons set
- “Greed is American virtue” – spawn Heavy weapons set
- “Death is silence” – spawn Stealth weapons set
- “History is written by fools” – spawn Gunslinger side weapons set
- “Abundance is the dullest desire” – Infinite ammo
Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats – progress unlocks
- “Share” – Unlock all camp upgrades
- “Vanity. All is vanity” – Unlock all outfits
- “Eat of knowledge” – Unlock all crafting recipes
Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats – Honor and Notoriety
- “Virtue unearned is not virtue” – Maximum Honor
- “You revel in your disgrace, I see” – Minimum Honor
- “Balance. All is balance” – Neutral Honor
- “You want punishment” – Increase Wanted Level
- “You want freedom” – Decrease Wanted Level
- “You want everyone to go away” – Remove Notoriety & Bounties
Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats – stats, meters, and cores
- “Seek all the bounty of this place” – Permanently increase Health, Stamina and Dead-Eye meters
- “You flourish before you die” – Fill Health, Stamina and Dead-Eye meters
- “You seek more than the world offers” – Fill all meters and fortify all cores
- “The lucky be strong evermore” – Infinite Stamina
- “Be greedy only for foresight” – Infinite Dead-Eye
- “Guide me better” – Dead-Eye Level 1
- “Make me better” – Dead-Eye Level 2
- “I shall be better” – Dead-Eye Level 3
- “I still seek more” – Dead-Eye Level 4
- “I seek and I find” – Dead-Eye Level 5
- “A fool on command” – Become drunk
Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats – horses and travel
- “You long for sight and see nothing” – Remove all Fog of War
- “My kingdom is a horse” – Increase Horse Bonding level
- “Better than my dog” – Lets you call your horse from any distance
- “You want something new” – Spawns a random horse
- “Run! Run! Run!” – Spawns a race horse
- “You want more than you have” – Spawns a superior horse
- “You are a beast built for war” – Spawns a war horse
- “The best of the old ways” – Spawns a stagecoach
- “Would you be happier as a clown?” – Spawns a circus wagon
- “Keep your dreams simple” – Spawns a wagon
- “Keep your dreams light” – Spawns a horse-drawn buggy
And there you have it: All 37 cheat codes in Red Dead Redemption 2, laid out and ready for you to start using as you see fit! But that’s not all we have to offer on RDR2; why not check out our Red Dead Online guide to find out everything that’s on offer in Red Dead’s vast online component?