Oggdo Bogdo appears to be giving a lot of new Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order players quite a bit of trouble. As the first true boss that Cal can come across during his journey, Oggdo Bogdo quickly ramps up the difficulty with some devastating lunge and tongue attacks. But stick by our Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oggdo Bogdo boss fight guide, and you’ll walk away without even a scratch.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oggdo Bogdo guide
Where to find Oggdo Bogdo
Oggdo Bogdo is to be found only a short way into Bogano. Once you reach the second Save Point (the one in front of a large metal door), you must instead head to the right of the door, where you’ll find a series of pipes to tightrope walk across.
Don’t go down the pipe that leads you through the spinning blades – instead, head down the pipe to the right. Follow that path and you’ll enter a small cave where the ceiling is held up by numerous metal struts. Head between the struts and you’ll enter a clearing where Oggdo Bogdo is waiting for you, a great big toothy smile spread across his lizard face.
How to beat Oggdo Bogdo boss fight
Oggdo Bogdo is a big ol’ reptile, and for those unaccustomed to this kind of combat in a game, he can be quite a handful. But there are a couple of important things to bear in mind with this particular boss, that will make the fight a complete cakewalk. As you can see from the above footage, I defeated this boss on my second attempt without any damage on Jedi Master difficulty; so I believe I have a good idea of how to utterly eviscerate this particular Jedi: Fallen Order boss.
Oggdo Bogdo only has two attacks that aren’t unblockable: the first is when he takes his front paws off the ground and slams them and bites forward; and the second is when he opens his mouth wide and tilts his head before biting forward twice in quick succession. Both these attacks are very easy to deflect, and he doesn’t follow them up with any other attacks.
If you deflect either of these attacks he’ll be momentarily stunned, allowing you to get one or two lightsaber hits in (if you’re playing on Grandmaster difficulty, it might be best to play it safe with just one hit at a time).
The rest of Oggdo Bogdo’s attacks are unblockable, and they can all be avoided with a timely roll to the side, after which you can get at least one (and often two) hits in while he’s recovering. But make sure it is a roll that you use and not a simple sidestep, because this Oggdo is a big bastard and his hitbox is slightly janky at times, so even if you think you’ve avoided the attack, you might still get hit. Best to play it safe.
The most challenging of these unblockables is the lunge which Oggdo Bogdo telegraphs ahead of time by puffing his cheeks out. This one actually waits a half-second longer than the other unblockables before attacking, which means it’s quite easy to dodge away too early and be punished for it (this is a one-shot-kill on Grandmaster difficulty, so definitely watch out for this cheek-puffing move and learn to hesitate a fraction longer than usual before dodging).
Don’t pay any attention to this idea of cutting the tongue, because that’ll just complicate matters and encourage you to overextend. Instead, just stick to the simple gameplan of rolling or deflecting his single attacks before getting a couple of good hits in.
It only takes 20 ordinary hits with your lightsaber to kill this boss, and if you just get the rolls and deflects down, then you can have the entire fight over and done with in less than a minute. His moves are all telegraphed well ahead of time, and there’s no stringing together of attacks to watch out for – it’s actually very simple once you get into the rhythm of “block, hit, hit, roll, hit, hit”. Play it safe, don’t get greedy, and you’ll walk away triumphant before you know it.
But if this is all still a little much for you, don’t worry! It might be best for you to head over to our Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order combat guide, which will give you a solid foundation upon which you can build your skills as a Jedi. Then come back here and give old three-eyed tongue-grabber what for!
And that’s really all there is to defeating the legendary Oggdo Bogdo on any difficulty level! But that’s not all we have on Jedi: Fallen Order, not by a long shot. Whether you’re after tips on another boss, or you’re looking to understand another aspect of this extensive game, be sure to check out our guide series below.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order tips - Find out our eight top tips for players of all skill levels on how to survive your time with Jedi: Fallen Order.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order combat - Learn how to wield your lightsaber and the Force like a true Jedi with our combat tips and explanations.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skills - This guide features full explanations of every single skill in the skill tree, along with our picks for the best skills to upgrade first!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Force Powers - Learn how and where to unlock Force Push, Force Pull, Double Jump, and more.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order lightsaber - Learn the ins and outs of lightsaber customisation, including how to get more colours, and where to find the double-blade and dual-wield lightsaber upgrades.
- Fallen Order Scomp Link repair - What the hell is a Scomp Link, and how can you get your hands on one? Learn how to open all those locked chests and doors with this guide!
- Fallen Order Tomb of Eilram - If you're a puzzle-hater like me, then this guide on completing and escape the Tomb of Eilram in less than 10 minutes is your Holy Grail.
- Fallen Order Tomb of Miktrull - Find out how to blitz through this nefarious Tomb of torches and vines and raise the Spire of Miktrull with ease!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Stim locations - Use this guide to find all eight Stim Canister Upgrades scattered throughout the game.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Grandmaster - High-level tips and advice on how to beat the game on the hardest difficulty mode available!
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bosses:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bosses - Our central bosses guides hub will walk you through each of the Fallen order bosses, with some general top tips for tackling any of them.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oggdo Bogdo - Learn how to take on the game's first true boss and walk away without even a scratch.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Rabid Jotaz - Evade this fearsome predator's strikes and carve him up with this in-depth boss walkthrough.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Albino Wyyyschokk - Learn how to easily defeat this monstrous spider without taking a single hit.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Second Sister - Learn to defend yourself against the most powerful of Cal's foes in this battle on Zeffo.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Ninth Sister - Take down this fearsome Dark Side Inquisitor by learning and adapting to her many unblockable attacks.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Nydak Alpha - Don't fall for this powerful beast's ruses! Let our guide teach you the nefarious ways of the Nydak Alpha.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gorgara - Trim the feathers of this colossal bird with our guide to defeating the Gorgara on Jedi Master difficulty.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Taron Malicos - Show this dual-wielding Sith what for in this epic battle in the ruins of Dathomir.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Trilla - Complete Cal's destiny by besting the dangerous Trilla Suduri once and for all.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bounty Hunters - Learn the ins and outs of these deadly late game Haxion Brood Bounty Hunters.