The Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree offers you and Cal a plethora of different opportunities to focus your abilities to suit your particular Jedi playstyle. But not all skills are created equal, with certain ones requiring far more commitment and more skill points than others to obtain. Our Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree guide will walk you through every skill in each of the three branches, as well as how to expand the skills available to you, and some of the best skills to help keep you alive throughout the game’s punishing campaign.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree & skills guide:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree overview
- Best skills to upgrade in Jedi: Fallen Order
- Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree – full skills list
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree overview
In Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, you upgrade your character mainly by obtaining new skills in the skill tree. After the initial stage of the campaign, you’ll be able to view your skill tree at any time by heading to the Abilities tab in the menu. As you complete more objectives, kill more enemies, and find more collectibles and secrets, you’ll earn XP towards your next skill point; and you can spend skill points on skills at any of the game’s many Meditation Points.
What you may not realise upon first starting Jedi: Fallen Order is that you are not immediately presented with the entire tree to browse. There are four stages of the skill tree in total, and each subsequent stage is unlocked at certain significant story beats, when Cal heals his connection to the Force. These moments are:
- When you unlock Force Push
- When you unlock Force Pull
- When you unlock Double Jump
For more information on how and where to unlock these powers, check out our Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Force Powers guide.
Best skills to get first in Jedi: Fallen Order
As I mentioned before, not all Jedi: Fallen Order skills are created equal, with certain skills further up their respective branch of the tree requiring more skill points to unlock. But regardless of this, there are certain skills which I would consider to be priorities for any playthrough of Jedi: Fallen Order, and I’ll briefly go over them below (for full details on each of these skills, see the next section of this guide):
- Grasping Pull – The MVP of Force skills, enables you to one-hit-kill most human-sized enemies (including more challenging enemies such as Commanders and Flame Troopers).
- Howling Push – An excellent late-game ability for crowd control, use to avoid becoming overwhelmed by large numbers. Particularly useful for late-game Dathomir!
- Dash Strike – An extremely useful early ability, good for chasing down retreating foes and interrupting attacks. A bread-and-butter combat ability.
- Leaping Slash – Allows you to chain together two powerful overhand chops. Deals excellent stamina/posture damage, and can kill many smaller enemies in one.
- Lightsaber Mastery – Simply increases all lightsaber damage. What’s not to like? Well worth its 3 skill point cost.
- Switch Attack – The most stylish ability of them all. A useful crowd control flourish that transitions your blade from single to double (or vice versa) in the heat of the moment.
- Superior Blocking – Beeline towards this as soon as you can. Seriously. Your stamina at the start is weedy as hell, and you’ll need this to make the campaign easier as soon as possible.
- Agile Deflection – A wonderful ability which allows you to deflect blaster bolts at all times just by sprinting. So useful, and easy to obtain fairly early on.
Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree – full skills list
The Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skill tree is broken into three sections: Lightsaber, Force, and Survival. Below we’ve explained each of the skills to be found in each of these three branches. You’ll see in the image above we’ve numbered each skill so you can easily see its position in the overall tree.
- (1) Overhead Slash (Cost: 1) – Unlocks a powerful strike that is deadly against weaker enemies. Uses Force.
- (2) Dash Strike (Cost: 1) – Cal dashes forward and attacks his target. Jump while dashing to flip over the target instead. Uses Force.
- (3) Leaping Slash (Cost: 2) – Cal can perform another powerful attack after an Overhead Slash. Uses Force.
- (4) Whirlwind Throw (Cost: 2) – Throws the double-bladed lightsaber in an area around Cal. Uses Force.
- (5) Improved Dash (Cost: 1) – Increase the distance that Cal can travel when using Dash Strike.
- (6) Repulse (Cost: 2) – An airborne attack that allows Cal to push away nearby enemies when he lands. Uses Force.
- (7) Sprint Strike (Cost: 1) – Attacking out of a sprint allows Cal to perform a special lightsaber attack.
- (8) Lightsaber Throw (Cost: 3) – Cal throws his lightsaber forward before pulling it back to him, hitting any enemies along the way. Uses Force.
- (9) Power Throw (Cost: 2) – Increases the range of Cal’s Lightsaber Throw.
- (10) Evasive Kick (Cost: 1) – Attacking after a quick evade allows Call to quickly perform a kick attack.
- (11) Delay Thrust (Cost: 1) – Waiting longer to press attack after Cal swings his lightsaber allows him to perform a special attack with increased range.
- (12) Delay Combo (Cost: 1) – Waiting longer to press attack after Cal swings his double-bladed lightsaber allows him to perform a continuous string of high-damage attacks.
- (13) Switch Attack (Cost: 1) – Cal performs a special attack while switching his lightsaber type.
- (14) Lightsaber Mastery (Cost: 3) – Increase all lightsaber damage.
- (1) Force Attunement (Cost: 1) – Cal’s maximum Force is increased.
- (2) Mass Push (Cost: 1) – Holding Push allows Cal to push groups of enemies and stagger large enemies. Uses Force.
- (3) Howling Push (Cost: 2) – A powerful Push allowing Cal to send groups of enemies flying and knock down large targets. Uses Force.
- (4) Enhanced Force Recovery (Cost: 1) – Cal regains more Force when he defeats an enemy, and regains some Force when he hits a blocking enemy.
- (5) Empowered Slow (Cost: 1) – Holding Slow allows Cal to slow his target for a longer duration. Uses Force.
- (6) Burst Slow (Cost: 2) – Holding Slow allows Cal to slow all targets around him. Increases slowed duration on target enemies. Uses Force.
- (7) Grasping Pull (Cost: 1) – Holding Pull allows Cal to pull and hold most enemies. Large enemies can be yanked towards Cal. Uses Force.
- (8) Howling Pull (Cost: 2) – A powerful Pull that yanks groups of enemies toward Cal. Uses Force.
- (9) Greater Force Attunement (Cost: 1) – Cal’s maximum Force is increased.
- (10) The Power of Friendship (Cost: 3) – BD-1’s stim canisters completely refill your Force Meter.
- (11) Ultimate Force Attunement (Cost: 2) – Cal’s maximum Force is increased.
- (1) Survival Skills (Cost: 1) – Cal’s maximum Life is increased.
- (2) Precision Evade (Cost: 2) – When performing a Precision Evade, Cal briefly slows enemies and recovers a small amount of Force.
- (3) Superior Blocking (Cost: 1) – Cal’s defenses are improved, allowing him to take less block stamina damage from incoming attacks.
- (4) Agile Deflection (Cost: 1) – Cal automatically deflects blaster bolts while he is sprinting or wall-running.
- (5) Improved Stims (Cost: 1) – Cal recovers additional Life when using a stim canister from BD-1.
- (6) Enhanced Survival Skills (Cost: 1) – Cal’s maximum Life is increased.
- (7) Expert Survival Skills (Cost: 2) – Cal’s maximum Life is increased.
- (8) Personalized Stims (Cost: 2) – Cal recovers additional Life when using a stim canister from BD-1.
And with that, we’ve covered pretty much every aspect of the skills and skill tree within Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. But if you’re after more information on this expansive, punishing power fantasy of a game, why not also check out one of our other Jedi: Fallen Order guides?
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order tips - Find out our eight top tips for players of all skill levels on how to survive your time with Jedi: Fallen Order.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order combat - Learn how to wield your lightsaber and the Force like a true Jedi with our combat tips and explanations.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order skills - This guide features full explanations of every single skill in the skill tree, along with our picks for the best skills to upgrade first!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Force Powers - Learn how and where to unlock Force Push, Force Pull, Double Jump, and more.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order lightsaber - Learn the ins and outs of lightsaber customisation, including how to get more colours, and where to find the double-blade and dual-wield lightsaber upgrades.
- Fallen Order Scomp Link repair - What the hell is a Scomp Link, and how can you get your hands on one? Learn how to open all those locked chests and doors with this guide!
- Fallen Order Tomb of Eilram - If you're a puzzle-hater like me, then this guide on completing and escape the Tomb of Eilram in less than 10 minutes is your Holy Grail.
- Fallen Order Tomb of Miktrull - Find out how to blitz through this nefarious Tomb of torches and vines and raise the Spire of Miktrull with ease!
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Stim locations - Use this guide to find all eight Stim Canister Upgrades scattered throughout the game.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Grandmaster - High-level tips and advice on how to beat the game on the hardest difficulty mode available!
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bosses:
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bosses - Our central bosses guides hub will walk you through each of the Fallen order bosses, with some general top tips for tackling any of them.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oggdo Bogdo - Learn how to take on the game's first true boss and walk away without even a scratch.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Rabid Jotaz - Evade this fearsome predator's strikes and carve him up with this in-depth boss walkthrough.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Albino Wyyyschokk - Learn how to easily defeat this monstrous spider without taking a single hit.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Second Sister - Learn to defend yourself against the most powerful of Cal's foes in this battle on Zeffo.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Ninth Sister - Take down this fearsome Dark Side Inquisitor by learning and adapting to her many unblockable attacks.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Nydak Alpha - Don't fall for this powerful beast's ruses! Let our guide teach you the nefarious ways of the Nydak Alpha.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gorgara - Trim the feathers of this colossal bird with our guide to defeating the Gorgara on Jedi Master difficulty.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Taron Malicos - Show this dual-wielding Sith what for in this epic battle in the ruins of Dathomir.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Trilla - Complete Cal's destiny by besting the dangerous Trilla Suduri once and for all.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bounty Hunters - Learn the ins and outs of these deadly late game Haxion Brood Bounty Hunters.