So you really like Legends of Runeterra, to the point where you want to purchase a new guardian. Guardians are the little avatars to the lower left of every match. You can click on them multiple times and they do things. Poro likes to blow raspberries, yawn, and scratch itself. But what if you fancy a change to a ghost shark? The bad news is you have to spend real money. The good news is that we know how to equip them should you choose to do so.
Runeterra guardians guide
This Runeterra guardians guide will show you how you can equip any purchased guardians that you have bought with real money, since Runeterra sort of hides the option to use them. If additional avatars are not your thing, you can look at our Runeterra best decks guide instead.
How to equip Runeterra guardians
As one of the cheeky little avatars that populates the League of Legends universe, the guardians come in all shapes and sizes. When you start Legends of Runeterra, you’ll only have access to the Poro guardian. I personally think it’s a loveable little scamp, so much so that I would never change it. But you may feel differently, both about giving money for avatars and changing them from the adorable Poro in the first place.
You can buy guardians by heading to the store and purchasing 590 coins worth of gold. This is, rather annoyingly, over the 525 coins that you can purchase in the store, which is the lowest amount you can purchase. You also cannot spend shards to purchase guardians, which is a great shame. Here is the currency conversion for Gold in Legends of Runeterra:
|Amount of real money paid||GBP (£) > Coins|
|9.99||1100 (50 bonus)|
|19.99||2250 (150 bonus)|
|34.99||4000 (325 bonus)|
|49.99||5800 (550 bonus)|
|99.99||12.000 (1500 bonus)|
Please note that the currency values are displayed in GBP as I could not get 100% correct values for USD or Euros.
To equip your newly purchased Runeterra guardians, here are the steps you need to take:
- Make sure Legends of Runeterra is open.
- Click “Collection”.
- Click “Guardians”.
- Click the guardian you have purchased.
- Click the button to equip the guardian.
You’ll then see your little avatar in the bottom left of your screen. You can even click on it a few times to make it do something. Each one has at least three unique actions.
Currently available Runeterra guardians
There are seven guardians available for Legends of Runeterra at this time. Each one represents a particular region in the League of Legends universe. Below are all of the currently available guardians in the game.
- Gromp Jr
- Poro (Already unlocked)
- Scaled Snapper
This isn’t the only thing you can buy to customise your playing experience for Legends of Runeterra, as you can also spend money on Runeterra boards.
Legends of Runeterra guides links
- Legends Of Runeterra guide – Find out how to get into the beta and learn some tips for expert play.
- Legends of Runeterra champions – Find out what each champion does and how to level up.
- Runeterra Expeditions – Learn Legends of Runeterra’s draft mode and see which cards are the best.
- Legends of Runeterra cards list – All of the follower and spell cards in Runeterra.
- Runeterra best decks – The best decklists currently available for Legends of Runeterra.
- Runeterra ranked mode – Explore how ranked mode works and what rewards you get for participating.
- Legends of Runeterra Ephemeral tutorial – Step by step instructions to complete this bothersome tutorial.
- Runeterra keywords – Definitions and unique interactions for cards explained.
- How Runeterra rounds work – An in-depth guide as to how rounds work.
- Runeterra patch notes – All the patch notes from the preview open beta patch to the present day.
- Runeterra player icons – Steps to change your player icon.
- Runeterra boards – Those who have spent money on boards can learn how to change them here.