You’ve likely seen Shriek already in Ori And The Will Of The Wisps, but this big bird is out for blood. Entering the Feeding Grounds area, you’ll soon have to sneak your way past this massive bird before it sees you. It’s surprisingly more difficult than it sounds.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Feeding Grounds guide
This part of the game is one that certainly caught me off guard when I first came to it. When Ori first comes to the Feeding Grounds, a twig will snap underneath, putting the Shriek on high alert. She can’t really see Ori while he’s behind cover, so you need to dash in short bursts to the next point of cover before she sees you.
There is an audio cue indicating how much time you have left that can be best described as breathing out with greater intensity. If Shriek sees you, she’ll take off and swoop shortly afterwards, killing Ori on the spot.
The video above does go through this section step by step, but there are also some text instructions below:
- From the cover, head for the grapple point and latch on.
- Drop down and float up to the pole. Climb about halfway up to shelter behind the canvas.
- Jump to the ledge on the left, then jump far to the left and grapple onto the moss. Hide behind the canvas here.
- Clamber up and run as fast as you can to the right. Shriek will drop down to the ground and the rocks will crumble. Jump off the ledge to the right to end this section.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guides series
Now that the terrifying stealth section is behind you, you can soldier on with the rest of the game. There are more guides readily prepared below that cover all sorts of things, from the locations of life and energy cell fragments, builds for Ori’s skills, and tips for other boss fights/chase sequences.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guide – Our hub area for all of our guides for Ori And The Will Of The Wisps.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Gorlek Ore locations – Every location of the Gorlek Ore locations to rebuild the village.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps life cell fragment locations – Every location of the life cell fragments to increase your health.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps energy cell fragment locations – All the places you can find energy cell fragments to raise your energy bar.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Spirit Shard locations – Places to find all the Spirit Shards in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps map locations – All of Lupo’s locations in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps quests – Every side-quest detailed from where to begin, the item you need, and the rewards you get for completing them.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hand To Hand quest – Steps to finish the longest side quest.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Regrowing The Glades – Find all the seeds and replant them.
- How to solve Midnight Burrows bell puzzles – Unlock the secret area by solving the bell puzzles.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps boss guide – Our central bosses guides hub will walk you through each of the bosses, with some general top tips for fighting them.
- Howl boss fight – How to defeat the Wolf boss.
- Horn Beetle boss fight – Learn how to squish the giant charging bug.
- Wellspring chase – Evade the mass of tentacles in this challenging chase sequence.
- Mora boss fight – Defeat the giant spider.
- Baur's Reach avalanche chase – How to not get crushed beneath a torrent of snow.
- Kwolok boss fight – Make that frog come to his senses.
- Sand Worm chase – Escape the crumbling ruins and the Sand Worms mandibles.
- Willow Stone – How to shatter this mini-boss with ease.
- Shriek boss fight – Beat the giant owl once and for all.