By far the hardest chase sequence in Ori And The Will Of The Wisps is the one in the sand ruins. After looking at several murals and reuniting the spirits, Ori suddenly has to run very quickly away from a giant sand worm.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Sand Worm guide
I hope you’ve been practising burrowing and grappling. This entire section must be done in one go and is very, very hard to do right first time. The worst bit about all of this is getting your buttons mixed up, so try to keep in mind that if you’re using a controller, LB/L1 is for grappling and RB/R1 is for burrowing/dashing.
The video above does go through this section step by step, but there are also some text instructions below:
- Dash until you see the sand form in front of you. Burrow through it.
- Grab the vine, then burrow through the next sand mass. Try to dash straight through to the next sandy bit after that.
- Jump and very lightly glide down. Don’t full on glide here as it will slow you down.
- Glide fully to the left and launch through the sand ball up and to the left. Burrow into the sand on the ceiling.
- Burst through the sand and grapple.
- Burrow on both sides of the wall, then launch across to the next sand wall.
- Clamber up the wall before the sand worm knocks into it.
- Grapple and burst onto the next one.
- Burst through the next two sand balls.
- Bounce on the spring and burrow up and to the left.
- Dive into the sand and just rotate in a circle until the sand worm completely passes overhead.
- Jump and dive into the sand in the ceiling, before launching up.
- Burst through the next two sand balls upwards, then grapple, burst once again, and grapple to the next sand pit.
- Burst out onto the logs and run right. Grapple up, then head left.
- Burrow and dash constantly until you emerge through the other side. There is a small gap in the sand, so make sure you burst out of it. With that, you should escape unscathed.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guides series
Now that the sand worm is no longer a problem, it’s on with the last few moments of the game. There are more guides readily prepared below that cover all sorts of things, from the locations of life and energy cell fragments, builds for Ori’s skills, and tips for other boss fights/chase sequences.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guide – Our hub area for all of our guides for Ori And The Will Of The Wisps.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Gorlek Ore locations – Every location of the Gorlek Ore locations to rebuild the village.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps life cell fragment locations – Every location of the life cell fragments to increase your health.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps energy cell fragment locations – All the places you can find energy cell fragments to raise your energy bar.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Spirit Shard locations – Places to find all the Spirit Shards in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps map locations – All of Lupo’s locations in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps quests – Every side-quest detailed from where to begin, the item you need, and the rewards you get for completing them.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hand To Hand quest – Steps to finish the longest side quest.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Regrowing The Glades – Find all the seeds and replant them.
- How to solve Midnight Burrows bell puzzles – Unlock the secret area by solving the bell puzzles.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps bosses – Our central bosses guides hub will walk you through each of the bosses, with some general top tips for fighting them.
- Howl boss fight – How to defeat the Wolf boss.
- Horn Beetle boss fight – Learn how to squish the giant charging bug.
- Wellspring chase – Evade the mass of tentacles in this challenging chase sequence.
- Mora boss fight – Defeat the giant spider.
- Feeding Grounds stealth section – Escape the clutches of Shriek.
- Kwolok boss fight – Make that frog come to his senses.
- Baur's Reach avalanche chase – How to not get crushed beneath a torrent of snow.
- Willow Stone – How to shatter this mini-boss with ease.
- Shriek boss fight – Beat the giant owl once and for all.