New to Fallout 76 with the Wastelanders update are human NPCs that roam the land. Some of them are allies that can be used to defend your CAMP and complete quests for them.
Fallout 76 ally guide
This Fallout 76 ally guide will show you how to recruit allies and what they do once you have them.
Those looking for a beginner’s guide to get started with the base game should have a look at our Fallout 76 guide.
Allies are NPCs that you can do a favour for, with the end result being that they come to live in your CAMP. At this time, it isn’t clear if allies can join you in your adventure like companions could in previous Fallout games. However, they are useful for doing specific things, such as:
- Help defend your CAMP from attackers
- Give you specific daily quests
- Give you story quests
- Enable romance opportunities
As you complete quests while they’re at a camp, there is a bar that increases. It’s still early days as to what else allies can do in Fallout 76, but this seems to hint at something happening when the bar is full. When we learn more about them, we’ll update this guide.
There are four known allies that you can recruit in Fallout 76. Here is a list of the known allies, how to recruit them, and which object you need to have in your CAMP to make them appear.
|Ally||CAMP item||How to recruit|
|Beckett||Bar||In The Rusty Pick, you'll receive a quest to rescue him from a nearby camp.|
|Raider Punk||Unknown||You need to encounter him randomly in Appalachia while having one of the following:
|Commander Daguerre||Command Console||Head to The Abandoned Bunker in The Mire (it's east of the Pumpkins) and complete the quest she gives you. These include recovering a flight recorder from a crashed ship and getting data from a USSA robot.|
|Settler Forager||Unknown||Head to the Foundation and take the elevator down towards Paige's office. You need to have one of the following:
As a note, only one ally can appear in your CAMP at any given time. So for example, if you have the ability to make both Commander Daguerre and Beckett appear, you can only have one of either the command console or the bar in your CAMP.
You should now know how to recruit all the allies in Fallout 76. We hope you’ll check back soon as there’s the many quests that the game has throughout the ruined world of Appalachia, what each perk card does, and what you need to craft certain weapons. But for now, do check out the rest of our guides below:
- Fallout 76 guide – Tips and tricks for getting started with Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 server status – For all the updates regarding when Fallout 76 is online or offline, head here.
- Fallout 76 Bobbleheads – They’re no longer permanent. Find out more about them here.
- Fallout 76 Magazines – These are also no longer permanent. Locate them here.
- Fallout 76 challenges – Want to customise your character? Get more atoms by completing challenges.
- Fallout 76 diseases – New to Fallout 76 are diseases. Find out how to prevent or cure them.
- Fallout 76 mutations – Also new are Mutations. Some are great, others are not, so discover more about them.
- Fallout 76 perk cards – Perks are completely different here. Get the lowdown on how they work.
- Fallout 76 Power Armor locations – Want to look like a Brotherhood of Steel member? Grab a Power Armour frame.
- Fallout 76 event quests – A primer for all the event quests in Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 daily quests – How to unlock the daily quests in Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 enemies – A full list of enemies in Fallout 76 and details on variants.
- Fallout 76 nukes – Deliver the nuclear payload to your enemies and scavenge for rare materials.
- Fallout 76 lockpicking – Access safes and locked doors with ease.
- Fallout 76 terminal hacking – Obtain secrets and disable traps by hacking terminals.
- Fallout 76 character creation – Make your character as unique as possible.
- Fallout 76 armour – Craft armour and learn about outfits.
- Fallout 76 treasure maps – Unearth valuable treasure left behind after the bombs fell.
- Fallout 76 multiplayer – Join up with others to complete quests.
Fallout 76 Wastelanders guides