Since Ori And The Will Of The Wisps has a lot more focus on combat, there are now proper boss battles in addition to the memorable chase sequences. On the rare occasion, a boss fight will combine both for an epic encounter.
This Ori And The Will Of The Wisps boss guide will give you links to all the boss battles and chase sequences in the game. It will also give you some more universal tips for fighting bosses or running away from them, in case you want to work out the full strategy for yourself.
These individual boss guides are found below this paragraph, so you can head directly there if you want. Otherwise, you can skip them for more general tips whenever a big boss appears to pursue or fight you.
Full Ori And The Will Of The Wisps boss list
- Howl boss fight
- Horn Beetle boss fight
- Wellspring chase
- Feeding Grounds stealth section
- Mora boss fight
- Baur's Reach avalanche chase
- Kwolok boss fight
- Sand Worm chase
- Shriek boss fight
Top tips for defeating any boss
So you want to fight them for yourself? At the very least, let us give you some top boss tips to consider whenever something very big wants to chase you down, or something slightly less big attacks you.
- If a health bar appears at the top of the screen, you must fight it. No health bar means you should be running away.
- You get infinite tries for any boss or chase sequence, but you will likely be forced back to the beginning of the encounter if you die.
- Try to observe a boss’s attacks for a few cycles when you fight them for the first time. Look for moments where it is vulnerable before you commit to attacking it.
- Look for areas on the boss with glowing weak points if they’re armoured.
- Some bosses require you to flee them for a short time before fighting back. This can happen multiple times in a fight.
- Don’t over-commit to attacking monsters. No enemy is stunned for long so you may get bitten or smacked around if you’re not careful.
- During a chase sequence, don’t give up if you miss a lantern to throw yourself from. Some sequences allow you to try to recover before you die, so don’t give up.
- Ranged attacks can be safer to use, but it might be quicker to use melee attacks. Try to vary your strategy if fights are taking too long or you keep dying.
- Use skills to restore your health if you have the energy to do so. You do not want to restart a particularly hard boss fight unless you can’t avoid dying.
Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guides series
Those are all the tips we can impart for now on the bosses and chase sequences for Ori And The Will Of The Wisps. We have a bunch of guides readily prepared below that cover all sorts of things, from the locations of Gorlek Ores and energy cell fragments, builds for Ori’s skills, and steps needed to finish quests.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps guide – Our hub area for all of our guides for Ori And The Will Of The Wisps.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Spirit Shard locations – Details on skills and Spirit Shards to give Ori lots of abilities.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Gorlek Ore locations – Every location of the Gorlek Ore locations to rebuild the village.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps life cell fragment locations – Locations for all the life cell fragments to increase your health.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps energy cell fragment locations – All the places you can find energy cell fragments to raise your energy bar.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps map locations – All of Lupo’s locations in the game.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps quests – Every side-quest detailed from where to begin, the item you need, and the rewards you get for completing them.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Hand To Hand quest – Steps to finish the longest side quest.
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Regrowing The Glades – Find all the seeds and replant them.
- How to solve Midnight Burrows bell puzzles – Unlock the secret area by solving the bell puzzles.