There comes a time in Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord where you must think about raising the next generation. In order to bring new life into the world, you need to seduce a partner. Luckily, this is one of the few things in the game that isn’t especially complicated to achieve once you know how.
This Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord marriage guide will teach you how to woo a partner and marry them, as well as how to raise children.
- How to marry in Bannerlord
- Best partners in Bannerlord
- How to raise children in Bannerlord
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord guide series
In order to start a family, you need to get married to a noble. While only heterosexual marriages are possible in the base game, there are mods to enable same sex partnerships (see our Best Bannerlord mods guide for details on the Gay Marriage mod). Getting married is surprisingly simple in theory, so here are the steps:
- Find a noble of the opposite gender (in the base game). They usually are travelling between towns or inside castles.
- Inform them that you wish to marry them.
- Have a successful conversation with them. This requires making the right choices from multiple options with certain bonuses depending on your charm stat.
- Wait a few in-game days before having a second successful conversation.
- Propose marriage.
- Get your partner’s liege’s approval by giving them gifts.
Before each time you have a conversation with the noble you wish to marry, save your game. If you should fail the conversation, you will lose the chance to marry that noble, so make sure you can reload if you’re dead set on marrying a particular character.
You sadly cannot marry lords, even if they have no spouse. While you can flirt with everyone, you can only marry one partner. This means you cannot marry Rhagaea – leader of the Southern Empire, but you could marry her daughter and heir-apparent Ira.
Some partners are better than others. You can look to see their stats in the Encyclopedia (N key). You won’t be able to see their equipment though. Below is a list courtesy of YouTuber “DroBlue”. They all have the Noble Bow which is incredibly expensive and highly desirable.
Disappointingly, there has not been any extensive research into finding the best husbands for those playing as women or who have modded the game to allow for same sex partnerships. If the trends with the best wives are any indicator as to who the best husbands are, you’re looking to wed nobles with very high standing with the leader of the faction. If anyone can shed some light on who the best husbands are specifically, please comment below. For now, here are the best wives in Bannerlord to marry:
Your new bride or groom will join your clan as a companion. (learn more about them in our Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord companions guide.) Keep them around or spend some time with them in a settlement you tell them to stay at to trigger a notification that either you or your spouse is pregnant. At the time of writing, being pregnant doesn’t seem to impact your ability to fight or travel, but it is possible for a wife to die in childbirth.
A few seasons later, you’ll get a second notification to say that your heir has been born. They will age slowly and only be able to aid your army once they become teenagers. Having them in your party will build up their skills and they can even take over your role as leader and playable character once you fall in battle.
Aside from combat or as another clan member, your children can also be used to merge families together through marriage to build social standing.
Thank you for reading our Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord marriage guide. You should now have descendants to carry on your legacy should you fall in battle. There are plenty more guides in the works, but for now you can check out our other guides for the game, including details for character creation, as well as the bugs that are unfortunately in the game. Here are some guides to get you started:
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord guide: A list of tips and tricks to get started in Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord skills: A full list of skills and tips to build your character.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord PC requirements: Get the best performance out of Mount And Blade 2.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord bugs: Some tips to get Mount And Blade 2 to work properly and a list of known major issues.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord console: How to enable cheat mode and all the console commands.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord companions: Learn how to recruit companions to your army.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord trade: Make lots of gold quickly through trading and caravans.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord smithing: How to forge weapons.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord quests: All the solutions to every quest in the game discovered so far.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord conspiracy: Everything we know about this bothersome quest.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord troops: How to recruit troops and organise them in battle.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord prisoners: Learn a quick way to make some money and recruit experienced soldiers.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord settlements: How to take over towns, manage them, and defend them.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord combat: Learn how best to fight with each weapon type and on horseback.
- Mount And Blade 2 Bannerlord siege: Learn how to conduct a siege against enemy settlements.
- Best Bannerlord mods: Discover the best mods in Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord.