If you’re one of the many wondering why everyone’s suddenly shouting about bunker locations, keycards, and nuclear warheads in Call Of Duty: Warzone… Well, you’ve come to the right place. Below we’ll explain exactly what’s going on; and in case you want to see everything firsthand, we’ll also go through every single Warzone Bunker location and how to get inside – including the mysterious Bunker 11.
Click the links to skip ahead:
- Warzone Bunkers explained
- All 12 Warzone Bunker locations & Keycard locations
- How to open Bunker 11 using Phones
- Warzone Nuke event – everything we know
The Warzone map of Verdansk has always been home to 12 mysterious Bunkers, which until very recently couldn’t be accessed. But all that has changed with the introduction of Keycards, which can be used to open up these Bunkers and gain the loot that awaits inside.
To open a Bunker, all you need to do is acquire a Keycard, then Interact with the keypad to the side of a Bunker door. This Bunker loot comes in the form of multiple large Cash drops and several Legendary crates containing valuable gear, weaponry, and other loot. So it’s well worth getting into one of these Bunkers if you’re able, because it might mean the difference between defeat and victory.
But these rewards come with quite the risk. Warzone Bunkers are the talk of the town at the moment, and everyone’s clamouring to get inside them each match. Many players have started to camp outside popular Bunker locations so they can kill whoever approaches and loot their Keycard so they can open the Bunker and hoover up all the loot for themselves.
The above map displays all 12 Call Of Duty: Warzone Bunker locations dotted across Verdansk. Each one requires a Keycard to be opened, and opening a Bunker will use up that Keycard, so if you want to open another one you’ll have to go and find another Keycard to open it with.
Where do you find these Keycards? You’ll have to rely a little on luck here, because Keycards can only be found as a rare and random loot drop inside crates. It seems Legendary (orange) crates might have a higher chance of dropping Keycards, but we’ve confirmed that non-Legendary crates can also drop Keycards at times.
Keycards aren’t specific to each Bunker, so the moment you gain a Keycard, you’ll be able to open any of the 12 Bunkers across Verdansk. Well, all except one…
Bunker 11 is the only Warzone Bunker that cannot be opened with a Keycard. Instead, you have to follow some very specfic steps in order to open it up and access the most secret area of the Warzone map.
How do you open Bunker 11? By using the various phones dotted about the map, and following the clues they give you. Here’s what you need to do:
- Find the ringing phone on the map. There are multiple “activation phones” dotted across Verdansk, and each one has the potential to be the ringing phone for that match. Use the map above for help!
- Interact with the ringing phone, and listen to the message. At the end of the message, between the creepy dial tones, you will hear three numbers spoken in Russian (from 0 to 9). These numbers correspond to different phones on the map.
- If for some bizarre reason you’re not fluent in Russian, don’t worry: here are all the numbers written phonetically so you can recognise each one:
- Head to each of the three phone locations in the order they were spoken, and Interact with them. You’ll know if you did it all correctly because interacting with the final phone will result in another Russian message.
Complete all of these steps correctly, and once you return to Bunker 11 above Military Base (check the map above), the light above the door will have turned green. Interact with the keypad, and the door will open, allowing you to scoop up the plentiful loot inside – including tonnes of Cash, some powerful Killstreak items, and two unique MP7 blueprints which you cannot obtain any other way.
But there’s more to Bunker 11 than that. In fact, it seems your efforts will be rewarded with a peek at an easter egg which has huge ramifications for the future of Warzone and its map.
Once inside Bunker 11, if you head into the room with all the lockers, there is a hole in the wall which you can crawl through to access a super-duper-secret room.
Two important things about this room. First: there’s a window on the right which is clouded up so you can’t see through it. Second: on a worktop against the far wall is a red button.
Press that red button, and the window de-clouds, revealing a nuclear warhead on a table in the next room.
As of the time of writing, this nuclear warhead cannot be accessed by players (phew!), but its presence indicates that interesting times are coming for Call Of Duty: Warzone. With the approach of Season 4 of Warzone, many are speculating that the season will be kickstarted with a nuclear event which will trigger some major map changes to Verdansk.
One key location that is expected to change with this event is the Dam in the North-West corner of the map. Not only is it fairly near Bunker 11’s location, but it is a place that the devs have been calling attention to for some time now, featuring it in Warzone’s main menu and having your character walking across it in the game setup menu screen.
And what’s more – players have started to notice various unsettling noises emanating around Dam, such as ice cracking and… howling? Check out the below video from YouTuber MrDalekJD for examples of these noises in action.
And that’s all we know so far about the Warzone Bunkers and the fascinating events they have set in motion. But that’s not all we’ve got on Call Of Duty: Warzone! Take a look at the below guides for all sorts of guides on weapons, loadouts, winning matches, and much more.
Call Of Duty: Warzone guide series [Season 3]
- Warzone Bunker locations - Keycards, Bunker 11, and the Nuke event explained.
- Best Warzone loadouts - the very best loadouts and perks in Warzone.
- Warzone weapon stats - the definitive Warzone weapon stats guide.
- Best guns in Warzone - learn about the guns dominating the Warzone meta.
- Best AR in Warzone - a guide to Assault Rifles in Warzone.
- Best SMG in Warzone - a guide to SMGs in Warzone.
- Best LMG in Warzone - a guide to LMGs in Warzone.
- Best Sniper in Warzone - a guide to Sniper Rifles in Warzone.
- Best Marksman Rifle in Warzone - a guide to Marksman Rifles in Warzone.
- Best Shotgun in Warzone - a guide to Shotguns in Warzone.
- Warzone Akimbo - Warzone's Akimbo perk explained.
- How to play Call Of Duty: Warzone - a primer on the main features of Warzone.
- Call Of Duty Warzone tips - top tips for winning in Warzone.
- Warzone map locations - a guide to the enormous Verdansk map.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone landing - the best method for landing quickly in Warzone.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Buy Stations - how to use Buy Stations.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Gulag - a guide to the Gulag in Warzone.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Solos tips - tips for surviving without any teammates.