Without decent armour, it’s going to be quite difficult to survive the labyrinthine levels of Minecraft Dungeons. There’s a surprising number of different types of armour available, and they all give significant bonuses.
Some armour is focused on allowing your hero to take more hits from foes, while others give bonuses like give extra arrows or reduce cool down for artefacts. If you’re trying to make a particular build, it’s important to know which kinds of armour will bolster the abilities you want to improve.
Minecraft Dungeons armour guide
This Minecraft Dungeons armour guide lists every known armour in the game, including their armour perks and which armour type the unique items are based on. This guide includes details on armour unlocked at higher difficulty modes, such as Adventurer mode.
You can also have a look at our Minecraft Dungeons best builds guide for specific builds for your hero.
Since you can only equip one piece of armour at any time, it’s vital that you know what each one does so you know which level to look for it. Armour can also come with up to three choices for enchantments, and we just so happen to have a full armour enchantment list in our Minecraft Dungeons enchantments guide.
Here is the full Minecraft Dungeons armour list, with all the armour we’ve found so far. It includes the list of perks that any armour has, as well as their basic armour type. Defensive bonuses to health scales up with the total power level, so they are not listed.
|Armor||Armor type||Perk 1||Perk 2||Perk 3|
|Hunter's Armor||Hunter's Armour||+10 arrows per bundle||+30% ranged damage|
|Wolf Armour||Wolf Armour||+20% weapon damage boost aura||Health potions heal nearby allies|
|Spelunker's Armour||Spelunker's Armour||+20% weapon damage boost aura||Gives you a pet bat|
|Scale Armour||Scale Armour||35% damage reduction||+30% melee damage|
|Evocation Robe||Evocation Robe||-25% artefact cooldown||+15% movespeed aura|
|Mercenary Armour||Mercenary Armour||35% damage reduction||+20% weapon damage boost aura|
|Reinforced Mail||Reinforced Mail||35% damage reduction||30% chance to negate hits||100% longer roll cooldown|
|Plate Armour||Plate Armour||30% chance to negate hits||35% damage reduction||100% longer roll cooldown|
|Thief Armour||Thief Armour||+25% melee attack speed|
|Grim Armour||Grim Armour||+100% souls gathered||3% life steal aura|
|Mystery Armour||Mystery Armour||10% damage reduction||-40% potion cooldown|
|Phantom Armour||Phantom Armour||+100% souls gathered||+30% ranged damage|
|Soul Robe||Soul Robe||+100% souls gathered||+50% artefact damage|
|Fox Armour||Wolf Armour||30% chance to negate hits (Unique)||+20% weapon damage boost aura||Health potions heal nearby allies|
|Cave Crawler||Spelunker Armour||+20% weapon damage boost aura||Gives you a pet bat||+50% artefact damage|
|Spider Armour||Thief Armour||+25% melee attack speed||3% life steal aura|
Thanks for reading our Minecraft Dungeons armour guide. You’ll find plenty more guides for the game in the section below, so do check them out.
- Minecraft Dungeons guide – our top 30 tips for Minecraft Dungeons
- How to play Minecraft Dungeons – learn how to play the new game from Mojang
- Minecraft Dungeons best builds – all the best builds in the game
- Minecraft Dungeons multiplayer – how to set up local and online multiplayer
- Minecraft Dungeons weapons – a full weapons list for Minecraft Dungeons
- Minecraft Dungeons enchantments – the full list of enchantments
- Minecraft Dungeons artefacts – every artifact and their effects
- Minecraft Dungeons unique items – every unique item discovered so far
- Minecraft Dungeons loot tables – item tables for every level and the secret mission location
- Minecraft Dungeons emeralds – learn how to farm emeralds
- Minecraft Dungeons secret cow level – Steps to find all the runes and unlock the secret cow level