Knowing the very best guns in Warzone like the back of your hand is a key skill in Modern Warfare’s uber-popular Battle Royale mode – and we’re here to help you hone that skill. Below you’ll find our tier list of all guns in Modern Warfare, along with detailed explanations and tips on the very best guns in Season 4 of Warzone.
Below is our Warzone weapon tier list for Season 4, which contains all 38 primary weapons in Modern Warfare.
|S Tier||Bruen Mk9, Grau 5.56, HDR, MP7, Oden|
|A Tier||AK-47, AUG, AX-50, CR-56 AMAX, Fennec, Kilo 141, M4A1, M13, MP5, PKM|
|B Tier||Dragunov, FAL, Kar98k, Origin 12, P90, PP19 Bizon, RAM-7, R9-0, SA87, SKS|
|C Tier||Crossbow, FR 5.56, Holger-26, MG34, Model 680, Uzi, VLK Rogue|
|D Tier||725, EBR-14, FN Scar 17, M91, MK2 Carbine, Striker 45|
Now, let’s talk in more detail about the S-Tier weapons in this table, which I consider to be the very best guns in Warzone as of Season 4.
Grau 5.56 (S-Tier) – Best guns in Warzone
The Grau has been a sleeper hit for a while, and only recently has the playerbase really cottoned on to its incredible potential. Even with the recent nerf to its damage dropoff values, this gun is unbelievably precise – and with the right attachments (for example, the Monolithic Suppressor and 26.4” Barrel) the Grau can become easily the most accurate and controllable full-auto weapon in Warzone.
Oden (S-Tier) – Best guns in Warzone
The Oden is an absolute powerhouse Assault Rifle, with the highest damage-per-shot of any automatic weapon in Warzone. I’ve out-sniped HDR-users and burst down MP5-users with the same Oden in the same match. After spending time with the Oden, you’ll find it hard to go back to any other full-auto gun, because none of them are as punishing with a single shot as the Oden.
HDR (S-Tier) – Best guns in Warzone
The HDR is the best sniper in Warzone. The AX-50 may have it marginally beat in terms of handling, but the HDR’s immense bullet velocity is about the closest you can get to hitscan in this game. There’s pretty much no bullet drop at all, so all you need to do is aim on the head and click, and that bullet will sail 200 metres to instantly knock the enemy out.
MP7 (S-Tier) – Best guns in Warzone
Everyone has an opinion on the best SMG in Warzone, and honestly the overall viability of the MP7 and the MP5 are about equal. But I prefer the MP7 for its flexible magazine capacity and smoother handling. This close-quarters blitzer can mow down entire squads in seconds – particularly if you kit it like I do (check the link above!).
Bruen Mk9 (S-Tier) – Best guns in Warzone
I understand this may be somewhat of a revelation for many players, but: the Bruen is indeed one of the very best guns in Warzone. Featuring the same incredible damage, fire rate, and dropoff stats as the PKM, the Bruen is elevated to S-Tier by its 60 Round Mags option, which gives it the handling of an Assault Rifle while maintaining the blistering power of an LMG. It is, quite simply, overpowered.
Why is the M4A1 not S-Tier?
I’m adding the M4A1 here simply because I’m sure many of you will be wondering why I don’t include it in the S-Tier of my Warzone weapon tier list. The truth is that the M4 is still an excellent, powerful, and reliable Assault Rifle. But in recent times, the meta has subtly shifted, such that I can no longer see the benefit of ever using an M4A1 over its closest rivals (the Grau, the RAM-7, and the Kilo 141). But if you’re looking to give yourself the best chance of victory with an M4A1, you should definitely check out the loadout linked above.
What about the Fennec and CR-56 AMAX?
Both the guns added with Season 4 of Warzone look fairly promising, but it’s still too early to declare them top-tier weapons. The Fennec is definitely one to watch out for, as it offers the same damage profile as the MP7 but an even faster fire rate (the fastest of any weapon in Warzone, in fact). But its low mag size and high recoil means there’s not nearly as much room for error as there is with the MP7’s comfortable 40+ magazines, nor as much flexibility in terms of the gun’s effective range.
And as for the CR-56, it’s another potent addition to the Assault Rifles arsenal, looking to beat the AK-47 at its own game with a faster fire rate and slightly more manageable spray pattern. But all the same, I don’t see it knocking the Grau or Oden off the top spots any time soon.
And there you have it! Hopefully now you’re a master of the Warzone weapons arsenal, and you’re ready to put your newfound knowledge to the test. But in case you’re still hungering for tips and stats, be sure to check out our other Warzone guides below!
Call Of Duty: Warzone guide series [Season 3]
- Warzone Bunker locations - Keycards, Bunker 11, and the Nuke event explained.
- Best Warzone loadouts - the very best loadouts and perks in Warzone.
- Warzone weapon stats - the definitive Warzone weapon stats guide.
- Best guns in Warzone - learn about the guns dominating the Warzone meta.
- Best AR in Warzone - a guide to Assault Rifles in Warzone.
- Best SMG in Warzone - a guide to SMGs in Warzone.
- Best LMG in Warzone - a guide to LMGs in Warzone.
- Best Sniper in Warzone - a guide to Sniper Rifles in Warzone.
- Best Marksman Rifle in Warzone - a guide to Marksman Rifles in Warzone.
- Best Shotgun in Warzone - a guide to Shotguns in Warzone.
- Warzone Akimbo - Warzone's Akimbo perk explained.
- How to play Call Of Duty: Warzone - a primer on the main features of Warzone.
- Call Of Duty Warzone tips - top tips for winning in Warzone.
- Warzone map locations - a guide to the enormous Verdansk map.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone landing - the best method for landing quickly in Warzone.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Buy Stations - how to use Buy Stations.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Gulag - a guide to the Gulag in Warzone.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Solos tips - tips for surviving without any teammates.