Best PC games New PC games 2020 Black Friday Best graphics cards Best free PC games Best Minecraft shaders for 1.16.3 Best Warzone loadout for Season 6

Minecraft Dungeons enchantments guide: all the perks listed

How to upgrade enchantment tiers

Featured post Looking at the enchantments for a Heartstealer in Minecraft Dungeons.

One of the vital concepts to get to grips with in Minecraft Dungeons is how enchantments work. Each piece of gear, whether it is a melee weapon, ranged weapon, or the armor your hero wears has at least one enchantment slot.

The important thing about enchantments is that your hero is not locked to a choice that you have made. As there is no penalty for changing your hero’s gear, you have the freedom to mix and match enchantment compositions to create lethal combos.

Minecraft Dungeons enchantments guide

We will begin this Minecraft Dungeons enchantments guide with lists of every enchantment in the game, before explaining how enchantments work, from how to increase enchantment tiers, to how to get back enchantment points.

We have updated this guide to show Powerful enchantments, and the enchantment point costs to required to upgrade them.

The enchantments listed below can appear as enchantment choices for your gear. You have a choice between two or three enchantments per enchantment slot. These do have their own rarities, each tier of which has its own enchantment point cost. Here is a breakdown:

Enchantment rarity Tier 1 enchantment point cost Tier 2 enchantment point cost Tier 3 enchantment point cost
Common 1 2 3
Powerful 2 3 4

Keep in mind that while most of the enchantments have a fixed effect, there are a select few that have numbers increase as per the melee weapon’s power level. You can tell which ones can change because they’re ones that deal set damage.

To keep this as simple as possible, I’ve labelled these as “small amount of damage”, “medium amount of damage”, and “large amount of damage”. The actual difference between the damage values between upgraded enchantments is very small.


Minecraft Dungeons armor enchantments list

Enchantment name Enchantment rarity Enchantment ability Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3
Burning Common Every 0.5 seconds damages all enemies in melee range. Small fire damage. Medium fire damage. Large fire damage.
Cool Down Common Reduces the cool-down time between uses of your artefacts. -10% reduced cool-down. -19% reduced cool-down. -27% reduced cool-down.
Cowardice Common While you are at full HP, you deal increased range and melee damage. +20% increased range and melee damage. +30% increased range and melee damage. +40% increased range and melee damage.
Deflect Common Grants a small chance to deflect incoming attacks. 20% chance to trigger. 40% chance to trigger. 60% chance to trigger.
Electrified Common Rolling zaps three nearby enemies with lightning bolts, dealing damage. Small electric damage. Medium electric damage. Large electric damage.
Explorer Common For every one hundred blocks explored on the map, you regain a small amount of health. 0.3% health regained. 0.7% health regained. 1.0% health regained.
Fire Trail Common Rolling creates a trail of fire behind you, which deals damage to mobs for four seconds. Small fire damage per second. Medium fire damage per second. Large fire damage per second.
Food Reserves Common Whenever you use a healing potion, you also create random food items. 1 items crafted. 2 items crafted. 3 items crafted.
Frenzied Common While you're at less than half health, your attack speed is increased. +10% melee and ranged attack speed. +20% melee and ranged attack speed. +30% melee and ranged attack speed.
Health Synergy Common When activating any artefact, you regain a small amount of health. 3% health regained. 4% health regained. 5% health regained.
Potion Barrier Common Whenever you use a healing potion, you take -90% damage for a short duration. 5 seconds duration. 7 seconds duration. 9 seconds duration.
Recycler Common Being hit by damage-inflicting projectiles will occasionally craft a small quiver of arrows. Every 30th projectile. Every 20th projectile. Every 10th projectile.
Snowball Common Fires a snowball at a nearby enemy every few seconds, briefly stunning it. Triggers every 5 seconds. Triggers every 3 seconds. Triggers every second.
Soul Speed Common When you gather a soul, you gain a 1% stacking movement speed boost for a short time. 2 seconds duration 3 seconds duration 4seconds duration
Speed Synergy Common When activating any artefact, you gain +20% movement speed for a short time. 1 second duration 2 seconds duration 3 seconds duration
Surprise Gift Common Whenever you use a healing potion, you sometimes create random consumables. 50% chance to trigger. 100% chance to trigger. 150% chance to trigger.
Swiftfooted Common Rolling makes you move faster for three seconds. +30% movement speed. +40% movement speed. +50% movement speed.
Thorns Common Whenever you take damage, you deal damage back to the attacker. 100% damage returned. 150% damage returned. 200% damage returned.
Chilling Powerful Emits a blast every two seconds that reduces the movement and attack speed of nearby enemies for one second. -20% reduced speed -40% reduced speed -60% reduced speed
Final Shout Powerful When your health drops below 25%, all your artefacts are used (ignoring cooldown periods). Up to every 12th second. Up to every 10th second. Up to every 8th second.
Gravity Pulse Powerful A blast occurs every five seconds that pulls nearby enemies towards you. 100% range 150% range 200% range
Protection Powerful Reduces damage taken -6% damage taken -11% damage taken -15% damage taken


Minecraft Dungeons melee enchantments list

Enchantment name Enchantment rarity Enchantment ability Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3
Anima Conduit Common Each soul you absort grants a small amount of health. 1% health gained 2% health gained 3% health gained
Chains Common Has a 30% chance to chain a cluster of mobs together and keep them bound for a short time. 1 second duration. 2 seconds duration. 3 seconds duration.
Committed Common Deal increased damage against already wounded enemies. 0-50% bonus damage. 0-75% bonus damage. 0-100% bonus damage.
Echo Common Some of your attacks can be followed up by another attack in rapid succession. 5 seconds cooldown. 4 seconds cooldown. 3 seconds cooldown.
Fire Aspect Common Sets mobs on fire for three seconds, dealing damage over time. Small amount of fire damage per second. Medium amount of fire damage per second. Large amount of fire damage per second.
Freezing Common Slows mobs after hit for three seconds. -20% reduced speed. -30% reduced speed. -40% reduced speed.
Leeching Common Defeating a mob heals you a small portion of the mob's max health. 4% of mob max health. 6% of mob max health. 8% of mob max health.
Looting Common Increases the chance for mobs to drop consumables. +100% increased chance. +200% increased chance. +300% increased chance.
Poison Cloud Common Has a 30% chance to summon a poison cloud that deals damage to enemies in an area for three seconds. Small amount of poison damage per second. Medium amount of poison damage per second. Large amount of poison damage per second.
Prospector Common Find more Emeralds on fallen enemies. +100% increased chance. +200% increased chance. +300% increased chance.
Rampaging Common After defeating a mob, there is a 10% chance to increase your attack speed by +50% for a short time. 5 seconds duration 10 seconds duration 15 seconds duration
Sharpness Common Makes your weapon sharper, causing it to deal more damage. +10% damage +21% damage +33% damage
Smiting Common Increases damage against the Undead. +20% increased damage. +30% increased damage. +40% increased damage.
Soul Siphon Common When you hit an enemy, gain a 10% chance to grant you a bunch of extra souls. 3 souls 6 souls 9 souls
Stunning Common Chance to temporarily stun enemies 5% chance to trigger 10% chance to trigger 15% chance to trigger
Thundering Common Has 30% chance to summon a lightning strike that damages nearby enemies. Deals small electrical damage. Deals medium electrical damage. Deals large electrical damage.
Weakening Common Your attacks decrease the attack damage of all nearby enemies for five seconds. -20% reduced damage. -30% reduced damage. -40% reduced damage.
Critical Hit Powerful Gives you a chance to inflict critical hits dealing triple damage. 10% chance to trigger. 15% chance to trigger. 20% chance to trigger.
Exploding Powerful Mobs explode after they are defeated. Deals 20% of enemy's health as damage. Deals 40% of enemy's health as damage. Deals 60% of enemy's health as damage.
Gravity Powerful This effect pulls mobs in range towards the weapon's impact point. 1.0 second duration 1.5 second duration 2.0 second duration
Radiance Powerful Has a 20% chance to spawn a circular area that heals all allies within it. Small amount of health healed. Medium amount of health healed. Large amount of health healed.
Shockwave Powerful The last attack in a combo launches a shockwave, damaging enemies. Deals a small amount of damage. Deals a medium amount of damage. Deals a large amount of damage.
Swirling Powerful The last attack in a combo performs a swirling attack, damaging nearby enemies. Deals a small amount of damage. Deals a medium amount of damage. Deals a large amount of damage.


Minecraft Dungeons ranged enchantments list

Enchantment name Enchantment rarity Enchantment ability Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3
Accelerate Common Increases attack speed for each consecutive shot. Resets one second after the attack. 8% increase per shot 10% increase per shot 12% increase per shot
Bonus Shot Common Firing a short also fires a second shot at a nearby enemy. The second shot has reduced damage. 10% damage per shot. 17% damage per shot. 24% damage per shot.
Enigma Resonator Common Give a chance to triple damage based on the number of souls you have. 0-15% chance to trigger. 0-20% chance to trigger. 0-25% chance to trigger.
Fuse Shot Common Every few shots has a timed charge that explodes one second after impact, dealing 100% damage to nearby mobs. Every 5th shot. Every 4th shot. Every 3rd shot.
Growing Common The fired shot grows in the air, dealing extra damage to distant targets. 25% max damage. 50% max damage. 75% max damage.
Infinity Common Chance to immediately replenish an arrow after shooting 16% chance to trigger 32% chance to trigger 48% chance to trigger
Multishot Common Grants the chance to fire five arrows at once. 20% change to trigger 30% change to trigger 40% change to trigger
Piercing Common Fired arrows sometimes gain the piercing effect, which allows them to fly through multiple mobs. Every 3rd arrow. Every 2nd arrow. Every arrow.
Poison Cloud Common Has a 30% chance to summon a poison cloud that deals damage to enemies in an area for three seconds. Small poison damage per second. Medium poison damage per second. Large poison damage per second.
Power Common Boosts arrow damage. +10% damage. +21% damage. +33% damage.
Punch Common Boosts arrow pushback +200% pushback +300% pushback +400% pushback
Radiance Shot Common Has a 20% chance to spawn a circular area that heals all allies within it. Small amount of health healed. Medium amount of health healed. Large amount of health healed.
Rapid Fire Common Increases your attack speed. +10% attack speed. +15% attack speed. +20% attack speed.
Ricochet Common Small chance for arrows to ricochet off mobs. 20% chance to trigger. 40% chance to trigger. 60% chance to trigger.
Supercharge Common Charged shots deal more damage and have more pushback. +20% increased damage +30% increased damage +40% increased damage
Unchanting Common Projectiles deal more damage to enchanted enemies. +50% bonus damage. +75% bonus damage. +100% bonus damage.
Wild Rage Common Hitting an enemy has a chance to send it into a rage, making it hostile towards everyone. 20% chance to trigger. 30% chance to trigger. 40% chance to trigger.
Chain Reaction Powerful Has a chance to fire five arrows in all directions on impact. 10% chance to trigger. 20% chance to trigger. 30% chance to trigger.
Gravity Powerful This effect pulls mobs in range towards the weapon's impact point. 1.0 second duration 1.5 second duration 2.0 second duration
Tempo Theft Powerful Steals a small amount of a mob's movement speed and gives it to you for four seconds. 17% stolen speed. 33% stolen speed. 50% stolen speed.

Lookling at the Rapid Fire enchantment in Minecraft Dungeons

Minecraft Dungeons enchantments explained

Weapons and armor found in each Minecraft Dungeons level have up to three enchantment slots. There is no way to manually add additional enchantment slots onto a piece of gear.

What are enchantments?

Each enchantment will give your hero a perk, the range of enchantments that you can find are split by gear types: melee, ranged, or armor. Abilities from enchantments do all sorts of things, so do check out the tables above for the full list. These enchantments can be used in tandem with artefacts, so have a look at our Minecraft Dungeons artifacts guide to see which ones you can combine them with.

How do I upgrade enchantments?

Whenever you level up, you will get an enchantment point to spend on upgrading your gear. For each enchantment slot, you are given a choice of one enchantment to spend points on, out of a possible three enchantment choices. Doing so will give your hero a unique perk that stays with them until you change the gear you have equipped.

Once you’ve spent an enchantment point on one of these choices, you can improve it further by spending two enchantment points to upgrade to tier two, then three more points to reach tier three.

How to get back enchantment points

You can get back any enchantment points you have spent on any piece of gear by salvaging them. This does permanently get rid of that piece of gear, but you can then spend any enchantment points in upgrading newer, and more powerful weapons and armor.

Minecraft Dungeons enchantments

Minecraft Dungeons guide series

Thanks for reading our Minecraft Dungeons enchantments guide. You’ll find plenty more guides for the game in the section below, so do check them out.

Tagged with , , , , , .

If you click our links to online stores and make a purchase we may receive a few pennies. Find more information here.

Who am I?

Dave Irwin

Former Guides Writer

When Dave was guides writer for Rock, Paper, Shotgun, it was his privilege to understand how to play certain games well, so that newer players can understand the more complex things about them.

More by me

Support RPS and get an ad-free site, extra articles, and free stuff! Tell me more
Please enable Javascript to view comments.

Comments are now closed. Go have a lie down, Internet.

Advertisement