The Call Of Duty: Warzone map is enormous. Larger even than the colossal locales of PUBG, Verdansk is home to many hundreds of unique buildings, thousands of loot drops, and up to 150 players at once. Our Warzone map guide will offer you an extremely detailed look at Verdansk and all its locations, even going so far as to rank the 20 best loot locations across the map.
There are plenty of images of the Call Of Duty: Warzone map, Verdansk, floating about the interwebs. But I think the below image might give us the best look yet at this colossal urban map and its locations. Take a look!
As you can see, there’s an awful lot to look at in Verdansk, with 20 major named locations and a great many more unnamed locations filled with loot. So where should you go for the very best loot in Warzone?
Turns out there is a real answer to this question. The best loot locations in Warzone are Downtown, Airport, Quarry, Train Station, and Promenade East. These are the points with the highest concentration of high quality loot, so landing in these spots will maximise your chances of getting the best possible equipment early on in a match.
We have a decent idea of this thanks to none other than Infinity Ward themselves, who released an in-depth look at Verdansk and its regions and locations, with loot quality ranks to boot. The below map marks every single location in Verdansk which has been given a 5/5 rating for loot by the developers. Out of 335 points of interest, only 20 have been given this elusive top loot rating:
These 20 top loot locations in Warzone are listed below, alongside an in-world screenshot of each place. Click on the images to view them at full resolution.
If we’re talking about the area with the highest concentration of top-tier loot, Downtown is the clear winner with 5 of the 20 top loot spots. But it’s also by far the most popular area in Verdansk, which increases the risk. By contrast, more secluded areas such as Lumber Yard and TV Station may provide a slightly lower risk, while still giving you plenty of high-quality loot.
Aside from the abundance of locations and loot across the Warzone map, there are a few key features of Verdansk that ought to be learnt well:
- Buy Stations. Our Call Of Duty: Warzone Buy Stations guide has more details on this, but for now let’s just say that Buy Stations are an incredibly important aspect of Warzone as a whole, where you can go to spend Cash on all sorts of fantastic rewards and upgrades.
- Bunkers. Previously you could never get into these bunkers, but now the bunker doors dotted about Verdansk can be opened with special keycard loot drops, so you can get at the high-value loot within. Check out our Warzone Bunker locations guide for full details!
- Vehicle Spawns. There are a total of five different types of vehicle available in Call Of Duty: Warzone, and they each have preset possible spawn locations across Verdansk. Vehicles can mean the difference between life and death in many situations, so it’s good to gain a working knowledge of how to use them, and where to find them.
- Ammo Caches. Ammo Caches are like pre-spawned ammunition boxes (like the ones you can buy at Buy Stations), and seeing as ammo is often in short supply in Warzone, it’s very important to know about them. If you see either a Police Station or a Gun Store, you should know that there is a guaranteed Ammo Cache to be found inside.
That’s more or less everything we have to offer so far on the immense Call Of Duty: Warzone map, Verdansk. But that’s certainly not all we’ve got to offer on Warzone as a whole, as you can see from the alluring list of guides just below!
Call Of Duty: Warzone guide series [Season 3]
- Warzone Bunker locations - Keycards, Bunker 11, and the Nuke event explained.
- Best Warzone loadouts - the very best loadouts and perks in Warzone.
- Warzone weapon stats - the definitive Warzone weapon stats guide.
- Best guns in Warzone - learn about the guns dominating the Warzone meta.
- Best AR in Warzone - a guide to Assault Rifles in Warzone.
- Best SMG in Warzone - a guide to SMGs in Warzone.
- Best LMG in Warzone - a guide to LMGs in Warzone.
- Best Sniper in Warzone - a guide to Sniper Rifles in Warzone.
- Best Marksman Rifle in Warzone - a guide to Marksman Rifles in Warzone.
- Best Shotgun in Warzone - a guide to Shotguns in Warzone.
- Warzone Akimbo - Warzone's Akimbo perk explained.
- How to play Call Of Duty: Warzone - a primer on the main features of Warzone.
- Call Of Duty Warzone tips - top tips for winning in Warzone.
- Warzone map locations - a guide to the enormous Verdansk map.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone landing - the best method for landing quickly in Warzone.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Buy Stations - how to use Buy Stations.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Gulag - a guide to the Gulag in Warzone.
- Call Of Duty: Warzone Solos tips - tips for surviving without any teammates.