Amazon Prime Day is upon us, and if there’s one bargain you absolutely don’t want to miss, it’s the 1TB model of WD’s stupendous Blue SN550 NVMe SSD for a new all-time low price of just £85. This, friends, is a stone cold steal.
Remember, you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member in order to take advantage of this deal, so if you aren’t a member already, you can sign up here for a free trial (just remember to cancel it before you get charged). Yes, the saving you’re actually getting is only £10 lower compared to its most recent price of £95, but this is still a fantastic bargain for those after one of the best NVMe SSDs money can buy.
Indeed, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – there’s simply no need to spend any more on your next SSD when the Blue SN550 is as good as it is, and you’re really not getting that much more for your money by opting for its more expensive rivals, the WD Black SN750 or Samsung 970 Evo Plus.
The 500GB model of the WD Blue SN550 is also on sale as part of the Prime Day festivities, although here the saving on the former is much smaller. Just £8 this time, but hey, £50 is still the cheapest this drive has been for ages, and it’s pretty much exactly the same price as the 250GB drive right now, making it a much better buy.
There are, of course, tons of other SSDs on sale as part of Prime Day, including almost all capacities of the aforementioned Black SN750 (both its regular and heatsink versions), as well as WD’s SATA-based Blue 3D NAND SSD, their portable My Passport SSD, as well as various Samsung, Crucial and Sabrent SSDs, and I’ll be rounding those up first thing tomorrow morning.
In case you want to get in there quick, though, here’s a quick list of the best ones I’ve spotted so far:
- Samsung 860 Evo (500GB) – £53 from Amazon UK (down from £62)down from
- Samsung 860 Evo (1TB) – £100 from Amazon UK (down from £116)
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) – £74 from Amazon UK (down from £95)
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus (1TB) – £140 from Amazon UK (down from £159)
- Samsung T7 portable SSD (500GB) – £88 from Amazon UK (down from £96)
- Samsung T7 portable SSD (1TB) – £158 from Amazon UK (down from £176)
- Crucial MX500 (1TB) – £79 from Amazon UK (down from £96) from
- Crucial MX500 (2TB) – £158 from Amazon UK (down from £210)
- WD Black SN750 (500GB) – £65 from Amazon UK (down from £80)
- WD Black SN750 Heatsink (500GB) – £75 from Amazon UK (down from £89)
- WD Black SN750 (1TB) – £120 from Amazon UK (down from £160)
- WD Black SN750 Heatsink (1TB) – £150 from Amazon UK (down from £178)
- WD Black SN750 (2TB) – £300 from Amazon UK (down from £363)
- WD Black SN750 Heatsink (2TB) – £300 from Amazon UK (down from £372)
For more Amazon Prime Day and non-Amazon Prime Day PC gaming deals, be sure to keep an eye on our hardware deals homepage, as well as our Amazon Prime Day deals hub for all the latest prices and discounts.