Want to learn how to create the best Klee build in Genshin Impact? Pyro Catalyst user Klee may be one of Genshin Impact's youngest heroes, but she’s got plenty of tricks (and bombs) up her sleeve. Taking after Alice (her mother and the author of the Teyvat Travel Guide), Klee is incredibly brave and adventurous, two traits that lend themselves well to her constant mischief throughout Mondstadt.
This guide will show you how to create the best Klee build in Genshin Impact. Below we'll cover everything you need to know about Klee, including wishing, weapons, artifacts, ascension materials, talents, abilities, and constellations.
How to build Klee as a DPS in Genshin Impact
Best weapon: Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds
4-star alternative: The Widsith
Klee is a Pyro Catalyst user, so you’ll want a strong weapon to go along with her fiery abilities. Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds is Klee’s strongest weapon thanks to its strong buffs. Skyward Atlas is also a great 5-star pick. If you don’t have any 5-star Catalysts on hand, try The Widsith or Sacrificial Fragments. For Gnostic Hymn (paid battle pass) subscribers, the Solar Pearl is another strong 4-star option.
Finally, if you completed certain tasks during the Midsummer Island Adventure event available during Version 1.6 in Summer 2021, you likely already have Klee’s signature weapon: Dodoco Tales. In addition to adorably matching Klee’s character design, Dodoco Tales makes a solid addition to your Klee build — just be wary of the fact that its refinement materials were also only obtainable during this event.
Best artifacts: Crimson Witch of Flames
- 2-piece set bonus: Pyro DMG Bonus +15%
- 4-piece set bonus: Increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40%, and Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%. Using an Elemental Skill increases 2-piece set effects by 50% for 10 seconds (max. three stacks)
Since Klee is best as a DPS, you’ll want to head to the Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula domain to get your hands on the Crimson Witch of Flames set. The Wanderer’s Troupe set also provides great bonuses for Klee, increasing both Elemental Mastery and Charged Attack DMG done by Klee’s Catalyst. Players without 5-star artifacts can count on the Resolution of Sojourner set, which boosts Charged Attack CRIT Rate and ATK%.
As a DPS, the stats and substats on Klee's artifacts should focus on her damage output, as in the following:
- Circlet of Logos: Crit Rate/DMG
- Sands of Eon: ATK
- Goblet of Eonothem: Pyro DMG
- Substats: ATK and CRITs
Talent priority: Kaboom! (Normal Attack)
Secondary: Jumpy Dumpty (Elemental Skill)
If you’re using Klee as a main DPS, you’ll want to prioritize her Normal Attack first, then her Elemental Skill and finally her Elemental Burst. If you’re planning on using her as a sub-DPS and only bringing her out once her stronger abilities are ready, then focus on leveling her Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst first.
Here are all of Klee’s talents:
- Kaboom! (Normal Attack):
- Normal attack: Perform up to three explosive AoE Pyro attacks
- Charged attack: Consume stamina to deal AoE Pyro damage
- Plunging attack: Plunge toward the ground from midair, dealing damage on the way and AoE damage on the ground
- Jumpy Dumpty (Elemental Skill): Throws Jumpy Dumpty, who bounces three times and deals Pyro AoE damage with each bounce. On bounce three, it splits into mines which explode on contact with enemies
- Sparks ‘n’ Splash (Elemental Burst): Summons Sparks n’n Splash (friends who zap enemies) to deal Pyro damage
- All Of My Treasures! (Utility Passive): Displays the location of nearby resources unique to Mondstadt on the minimap
- Pounding Surprise (1st Ascension Passive): 50% chance to gain 50% extra damage for a charged attack when dealing damage with normal attacks and Jumpy Dumpty
- Sparkling Burst (4th Ascension Passive): Getting a crit with your charged attack gives all party members 2 Elemental Energy
- DPS: Klee
- Sub-DPS: Xingqiu
- Sub-DPS: Sucrose
- Healer/Support: Diona
5-star alternative: Mona replacing Xingqiu as Hydro sub-DPS
This team set-up allows Klee to take full advantage of her best elemental reactions. Working with Xingqiu to trigger the Vaporize effect will massively boost Klee's damage output, while Sucrose can apply Swirl to spread that damage over a wider area. If you have Mona in your archive, she edges out Xingqiu in this instance thanks to her elemental skill working in tandem with Klee's powers to produce even higher damage.
Diona can provide both shields and healing for the team, as well as using her Cryo element to Freeze enemies when applied with Hydro. Furthermore, the Melt reaction between Cryo and Pyro also works similar to Vaporize, with the same rules on increasing damage and spreading using Swirl applying.
How to level up Klee in Genshin Impact
Fully ascending Klee will require the following materials:
|1||1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 3 Philanemo Mushrooms, 3 Divining Scrolls, and 20,000 Mora|
|2||3 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 10 Philanemo Mushrooms, 15 Divining Scrolls, 2 Everflame Seeds, and 40,000 Mora|
|3||6 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 20 Philanemo Mushrooms, 12 Sealed Scrolls, 4 Everflame Seeds, and 60,000 Mora|
|4||3 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 30 Philanemo Mushrooms, 18 Sealed Scrolls, 8 Everflame Seeds, and 80,000 Mora|
|5||6 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 45 Philanemo Mushrooms, 12 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 12 Everflame Seeds, and 100,000 Mora|
|6||6 Agnidus Agate Gemstones, 60 Philanemo Mushrooms, 24 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 20 Everflame Seeds, and 120,000 Mora|
|Total||1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 9 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 9 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 6 Agnidus Agate Gemstones, 46 Everflame Seeds, 18 Divining Scrolls, 30 Sealed Scrolls, 36 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 168 Philanemo Mushrooms, and 420,000 Mora|
Agnidus Agate and Everflame Seeds are both drops from Pyro bosses; to farm them simultaneously, the Pyro Regisvine boss in Liyue is your best bet, since it's the exclusive source of the latter. Philameno Mushrooms can be picked in various locations around Mondstadt; namely the city outskirts, the village of Springvale, and the Dawn Winery. Scrolls are dropped by defeated Samachurls, who can usually be found alone or in pairs among larger groups of Hilichurl enemies.
To level up Klee’s talents fully, you’ll need 18 Divining Scrolls, 66 Sealed Scrolls, 93 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 9 Teachings of Freedom, 63 Guide to Freedom, 114 Philosophies of Freedom, 18 Rings of Boreas, and 3 Crowns of Insight. Per each individual talent, that comes out to:
|Talent Level (+ required Ascension Level)||Materials|
|2 (2)||6 Divining Scrolls, 3 Teachings of Freedom, and 12,500 Mora|
|3 (3)||3 Sealed Scrolls, 2 Guides to Freedom, and 17,500 Mora|
|4 (3)||4 Sealed Scrolls, 4 Guides to Freedom, and 25,000 Mora|
|5 (4)||6 Sealed Scrolls, 6 Guides to Freedom, and 30,000 Mora|
|6 (4)||9 Sealed Scrolls, 9 Guides to Freedom, and 37,500 Mora|
|7 (5)||4 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 4 Philosophies of Freedom, 1 Ring of Boreas, and 120,000 Mora|
|8 (5)||6 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 6 Philosophies of Freedom, 1 Ring of Boreas, and 260,000 Mora|
|9 (6)||9 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 12 Philosophies of Freedom, 2 Rings of Boreas, and 450,000 Mora|
|10 (6)||12 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 16 Philosophies of Freedom, 2 Rings of Boreas, 1 Crown of Insight, and 700,000 Mora|
|Total||6 Divining Scrolls, 22 Sealed Scrolls, 31 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 3 Teachings of Freedom, 21 Guides to Freedom, 38 Philosophies of Freedom, 6 Rings of Boreas, 1 Crown of Insight, and 1,652,500 Mora|
As ever, scrolls are dropped by Samachurls, while Klee's books come from Mondstadt's Forsaken Rift domain (Monday/Thursday/Sunday only). For Rings of Boreas, replay the Andrius Wolf of the North boss fight at Level 70+. Finally, Crowns of Insight (which are needed to fully crown Talents) can be obtained through limited-time events or by making offerings to the Frostbearing Tree and Sacred Sakura.
While Klee’s already impressively powerful for her size, unlocking some of her Constellations will turn her into an absolute monster in combat — although this can be an expensive and/or time-consuming process for 5-star characters, and they're truly far from essential to her build. Her best Constellations, however, are 2 and 4. Constellation 2 Klee will be able to drastically decrease enemy DEF with her Elemental Skill, while Constellation 4 Klee unlocks the ability to deal a massive 555% of her ATK with her Elemental Burst. Her other Constellations have some pretty great perks too — here’s what they have to offer:
- Chained Reactions: Constellation Lv. 1 - Attacks and Skills have a certain chance to summon sparks that bombard opponents, dealing DMG equal to 120% of Sparks 'n' Splash's DMG.
- Explosive Frags: Constellation Lv. 2 - Being hit by Jumpy Dumpty's mines decreases opponents' DEF by 23% for 10s.
- Exquisite Compound: Constellation Lv. 3 - Increases the Level of Jumpy Dumpty by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Sparkly Explosion: Constellation Lv. 4 - If Klee leaves the field during the duration of Sparks 'n' Splash, her departure triggers an explosion that deals 555% of her ATK as AoE Pyro DMG.
- Nova Burst: Constellation Lv. 5 - Increases the Level of Sparks 'n' Splash by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Blazing Delight: Constellation Lv. 6 - While under the effects of Sparks 'n' Splash, Klee will regenerate 3 Energy for all members of the party (excluding Klee) every 3s. When Sparks 'n' Splash is used, all party members will gain a 10% Pyro DMG Bonus for 25s.
How to get Klee in Genshin Impact
Klee is a limited character, so she’s only available at certain times. Klee's Character Event Wish banner saw her debut in October 2020, and she had reruns in June 2021 and July 2022. At the moment, she's unavailable once more, but hopefully we'll see her make some more regular reappearances in the gacha in the future.
That’s all the info we’ve got on Klee! Why not check out our character tier list to see which other characters are good to wish for?