Want to learn how to create the best Yoimiya build in Genshin Impact? Pyro Bow user Yoimiya’s bubbly personality goes hand in hand with the fireworks she sells at Naganohara Fireworks. Although her kit has been criticized by some players, Yoimiya is one of the hardest-hitting archers in the game and serves as a much stronger version of starter character Amber (sorry, Amber…). She'll make for a unique main DPS, but one well-suited for almost any team.
This guide will show you how to create the best Yoimiya build in Genshin Impact. Below we'll cover everything you need to know about Yoimiya, including wishing, weapons, artifacts, ascension materials, talents, abilities, and constellations.
How to build Yoimiya as a main DPS in Genshin Impact
Best weapon: Thundering Pulse
4-star alternative: Rust
Released during the 2.0 update, Thundering Pulse is an incredibly strong bow that works to increase different aspects of damage with a focus on normal ATK. Yoimiya’s versatility means she’s perfect when equipped with this bow. If you can’t get the elusive weapon, though, the 5-star Skyward Harp is also a great option that increases CRIT stats. Finally, for players with more 4-star weapons, Rust and the newly introduced Hamayumi are great options as well.
Best artifacts: Crimson Witch of Flames
Alternative: Shimenawa's Reminiscence
If you’re planning on relying on Yoimiya’s Pyro abilities, equip her with the Crimson Witch of Flames set, which will boost her Pyro DMG bonus. This kit is especially great as a 4-piece set if you’ve got Electro characters like Razor on your team, as it’ll boost damage done by reactions with these two elements, as well as providing smaller damage boosts to reactions with Cryo or Hydro. If you’re going to use Yoimiya for both Pyro and normal abilities, try the newly added Shimenawa's Reminiscence 4-piece set, which will boost ATK and non-elemental abilities.
When selecting substats to aim for, focus on Elemental Mastery if you’re using Yoimiya for her Pyro abilities. Otherwise, look for ATK% and a nice ratio between CRIT DMG and CRIT Rate. Whichever you're focusing on, the following makes for a decent balance:
- Circlet of Logos: CRIT Rate/DMG
- Sands of Eon: ATK
- Goblet of Eonothem: Pyro DMG Bonus
- Substats: Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge
Talent priority: Firework Flare-Up (Normal Attack)
When leveling Yoimiya’s talents, you’ll want to prioritize her normal attack first, followed by her Elemental Skill and then her Elemental Burst. Here are all of her talents:
- Firework Flare-Up (Normal Attack)
- Normal attack - Perform up to 5 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged attack - Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG. While aiming, flames will accumulate on the arrowhead before being fired off as an attack. Has different effects based on how long the energy has been charged: Charge Level 1: Fires off a flaming arrow that deals Pyro DMG. Charge Level 2: Generates a maxmimum of 3 Kindling Arrows based on time spent charging, releasing them as part of this Aimed Shot. Kindling Arrows will home in on nearby opponents, dealing Pyro DMG on hit.
- Plunging attack - Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Niwabi Fire-Dance (Elemental Skill) - Yoimiya waves a sparkler and causes a ring of saltpeter to surround her. Niwabi Enshou: During this time, arrows fired by Yoimiya's Normal Attack will be Blazing Arrows, and their DMG will be increased and converted to Pyro DMG. During this time, Normal Attack: Firework Flare-Up will not generate Kindling Arrows at Charge Level 2. This effect will deactivate when Yoimiya leaves the field.
- Ryuukin Saxifrage (Elemental Burst) - Yoimiya leaps into the air along with her original creation, the "Ryuukin Saxifrage," and fires forth blazing rockets bursting with surprises that deal AoE Pyro DMG and mark one of the hit opponents with Aurous Blaze. Aurous Blaze: All Normal/Charged/Plunging Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts by any party member other than Yoimiya that hit an opponent marked by Aurous Blaze will trigger an explosion, dealing AoE Pyro DMG. When an opponent affected by Aurous Blaze is defeated before its duration expires, the effect will pass on to another nearby opponent, who will inherit the remaining duration. One Aurous Blaze explosion can be triggered every 2s. When Yoimiya is down, Aurous Blaze effects created through her skills will be deactivated.
- Blazing Match (Utility Passive) - When Yoimiya crafts Decoration, Ornament, and Landscape-type Furnishings, she has a 100% chance to refund a portion of the materials used.
- Tricks of the Trouble-Maker (1st Ascension Passive) - During Niwabi Fire-Dance, shots from Yoimiya's Normal Attack will increase her Pyro DMG Bonus by 2% on hit. This effect lasts for 3s and can have a maximum of 10 stacks.
- Summer Night's Dawn (4th Ascension Passive) - Using Ryuukin Saxifrage causes nearby party members (not including Yoimiya) to gain a 10% ATK increase for 15s. Additionally, a further ATK Bonus will be added on based on the number of "Tricks of the Trouble-Maker" stacks Yoimiya possesses when using Ryuukin Saxifrage. Each stack increases this ATK Bonus by 1%.
- Main DPS: Yoimiya
- Sub DPS: Fischl
- Sub DPS: Xingqiu
- Healer/Support: Bennett
5-star alternative: Kamisato Ayaka replacing Xingqiu as joint-DPS
If you're using the Crimson Witch of Flames artifact set and focussing on an elemental build for Yoimiya, then you should definitely pair her with an Electro sub-DPS like Fischl or Beidou in order to take advantage of the massive 40% damage bonus to their Overloaded elemental reaction. Xingqiu is one of the game's best 4-star sub-DPS choices, whose Hydro reactions with Pyro are enhanced by this build by an additional 15%; although if you have a 5-star Cryo DPS character like Ayaka in your archive, the same advantage applies. Finally, round out your team with Bennett, who in addition to being one of the game's best and most easily obtainable healers, will passively apply the Fervent Flames elemental resonance (+25% ATK, -40% time affected by Cryo) to the entire party when he's placed on a team with fellow Pyro user Yoimiya.
How to level up Yoimiya
To fully ascend Yoimiya, you’ll need:
|1||1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 3 Naku Weeds, 3 Divining Scrolls, and 20,000 Mora|
|2||3 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 10 Naku Weeds, 15 Divining Scrolls, 2 Smoldering Pearls, and 40,000 Mora|
|3||6 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 20 Naku Weeds, 12 Sealed Scrolls, 4 Smoldering Pearls, and 60,000 Mora|
|4||3 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 30 Naku Weeds, 18 Sealed Scrolls, 8 Smoldering Pearls, and 80,000 Mora|
|5||6 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 45 Naku Weeds, 12 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 12 Smoldering Pearls, and 100,000 Mora|
|6||6 Agnidus Agate Gemstones, 60 Naku Weeds, 24 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 20 Smoldering Pearls, and 120,000 Mora|
|Total||1 Agnidus Agate Sliver, 9 Agnidus Agate Fragments, 9 Agnidus Agate Chunks, 6 Agnidus Gemstones, 46 Smoldering Pearls, 168 Naku Weeds, 18 Divining Scrolls, 30 Sealed Scrolls, 36 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, and 420,000 Mora|
To secure all these materials, you’ll need to defeat the Pyro Hypostasis more than a few times to get your hands on Smoldering Pearls. You’ll also need to farm Naku Weed, which can be found on land around Inazuma.
To fully level Yoimiya’s talents, you’ll need 9 Teachings of Transience, 63 Guides to Transience, 114 Philosophies of Transience, 18 Divining Scrolls, 66 Sealed Scrolls, 93 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 18 Dragon Lord’s Crowns, and 3 Crowns of Insight. Per each one of her three active talents, that means you'll need the following:
|Talent Level (+ required Ascension Level)||Materials|
|2 (2)||6 Divining Scrolls, 3 Teachings of Transience, and 12,500 Mora|
|3 (3)||3 Sealed Scrolls, 2 Guides to Transience, and 17,500 Mora|
|4 (3)||4 Sealed Scrolls, 4 Guides to Transience, and 25,000 Mora|
|5 (4)||6 Sealed Scrolls, 6 Guides to Transience, and 30,000 Mora|
|6 (4)||9 Sealed Scrolls, 9 Guides to Transience, and 37,500 Mora|
|7 (5)||4 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 4 Philosophies of Transience, 1 Dragon Lord's Crown, and 120,000 Mora|
|8 (5)||6 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 6 Philosophies of Transience, 1 Dragon Lord's Crown, and 260,000 Mora|
|9 (6)||9 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 12 Philosophies of Transience, 2 Dragon Lord's Crowns, and 450,000 Mora|
|10 (6)||12 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 16 Philosophies of Transience, 2 Dragon Lord's Crowns, 1 Crown of Insight, and 700,000 Mora|
|Total||6 Divining Scrolls, 22 Sealed Scrolls, 31 Forbidden Curse Scrolls, 3 Teachings of Transience, 21 Guides to Transience, 38 Philosophies of Transience, 6 Dragon Lord's Crowns, 1 Crown of Insight, and 1,652,500 Mora|
In addition to fighting Samachurls for the materials that overlap with those required for her ascension levelling, you need to head to Inazuma's Violet Court domain on Mondays, Thursdays, and/or Sundays for Yoimiya's books. Dragon Lord's Crowns are farmed by repeating the Azhdaha boss fight in the Beneath the Dragon-Queller domain at Level 70+. Finally, if you’re looking to go the extra mile, Crowns of Insight can be obtained through limited-time events or by making offerings to the Frostbearing Tree and Sacred Sakura.
Luckily for players who aren't looking to spend the small fortune required to pull a 5-star character six times, Yoimiya’s Constellations aren’t necessary to have a well-built character. If you’re desperate to fully flesh out your character build, though, Yoimiya’s 6th Constellation offers a lot thanks to its potential to fire an extra Kindling Arrow. Here are all of her Constellations:
- Agate Ryuukin: Constellation Lv. 1 - The Auros Blaze created by Ryuukin Saxifrage lasts for an extra 4s. Additionally, when an opponent affected by Aurous Blaze is defeated within its duration, Yoimiya's ATK is increased by 20% for 20s.
- A Procession of Bonfires: Constellation Lv. 2 - When Yoimiya's Pyro DMG scores a CRIT Hit, Yoimiya will gain a 25% Pyro DMG Bonus for 6s. This effect can be triggered even when Yoimiya is not the active character.
- Trickster’s Flare: Constellation Lv. 3 - Increase the Level of Niwabi Fire-Dance by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Pyrotechnic Professional: Constellation Lv. 4 - When Yoimiya's own Aurous Blaze triggers an explosion, Niwabi Fire-Dance's CD is decreased by 1.2.
- A Summer Festival’s Eve: Constellation Lv. 5 - Increases the Level of Ryuukin Saxifrage by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Naganohara Meteor Swarm: Constellation Lv. 6 - During Niwabi Fire-Dance, Yoimiya's Normal Attacks have a 50% chance of firing an extra Kindling Arrow that deals 60% of its original DMG. This DMG is considered Normal Attack DMG.
How to get Yoimiya in Genshin Impact
Yoimiya is a limited character, so she’s only available at certain times. She made her debut on August 10, 2021, and after a long absence, finally received two banner reruns in August and November 2022. However, MiHoYo have a history of running Yoimiya against something incredibly popular (either right before a new Version or on the same phase as the introduction of an Archon character), meaning that pull numbers on her banner have historically been unusually low. What this means for her going forward is uncertain, but it's a reasonable guess that she'll probably get at least one rerun in 2023.
That’s all the info we’ve got on Yoimiya! Why not check out our character tier list to see which other characters are good to wish for?