A Dark Souls III [official site] patch launched today, and it probably doesn't do what you were hoping for. I don't what exactly your hopes and dreams for DS3 are, but I suspect they're a little loftier than a few balance tweaks and bug fixes. But if your Souls just updated and you're wondering what's going on, hey, it's this collection of things.
Some of these patch note items might be spoilers? I don't know. They do state a few enemy and place names. So... close your eyes and start swiping wildly at your monitor to knock it over if you're terrified of even that.
- Performance adjustment for "Greatsword"
- Battle performance adjustment for "Dancer's Enchanted Sword", "Winged Knight Twinaxes"
- Performance adjustment for "Soul's Greatsword", and "Farron Flashsword"
- Fix for issue where multiple items become impossible to use at "Road of Sacrifices", "Farron Keep", "Cathedral of the Deep" after clearing the game.
- General balance adjustments and bug fixes
Yes, that is basically all they have to say. Vague, I know. And when they say "performance adjustment" they mean "balance tweak," by the way. Someone on Reddit says this is how the greatsword rebalancing worked out for each individual weapon (don't mind the version number, 1.04 is the console designation because... reasons?). But Bandai Namco don't say how other things are rebalanced. Or which bugs are fixed. The bonfire crash bug mmmight be one of them.
Some players are reporting that this patch has murdered their framerate, started the game stuttering, or even set it a-crashing, but at this point it's hard to pick out how much that's an actual problem and how much is the sort of thing you'll inevitably hear people say when anything changes in a big-enough game.